- May 22, 2018 - VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE DAILY TO GET MORE NEWS & FEATURE STORIES
PLUS PHOTOS OF NEW BEERS IN STOCK
- May 22, 2018 - Singlecut To Aquires Schmalz 30-Barrel Brewery by Year's End
- BREWBOUND (Chris Funari)
br>In a move that underscores just how quickly the craft beer segment has evolved, Shmaltz Brewing Company today announced plans to vacate an upstate New York brewing facility that it built just five years ago.
The company — which launched in 1996 as a contract-brewed, Jewish-themed craft brand – has sold its brewery equipment assets to Queens-based Singlecut Beersmiths for an undisclosed sum.
Singlecut owner Rich Buceta will take over Shmaltz Brewing’s 30,000-barrel Clifton Park facility later this year, pending federal and state licensing approvals.
Meanwhile, Shmaltz will retain ownership of the Shmaltz, He’brew, Alphabet City and 518/838 offerings. The company will also maintain control of its licensing agreement with CBS for a line of Star Trek-themed beers, brewery founder Jeremy Cowan said.
- May 05, 2018 - Local Breweries Win 8 World Beer Cup Medals Including Golds for Weyerbacher & Two Rivers [UPDATED]
- See our website for all the WBC results
- May 03, 2018 - Brewvitational 2018 voters named La Cabra Brewing's Peter Flemish Red top new beer of the year; Dogfish Head Sequench Ale voted best canned beer
- Check out all the results and more Brewvitational news on our website