Events for August 2018
- Great Ciders of the World August 16, 2018 - Philly Beer School, 109 Sl 22nd St.
- All around the world, the public’s taste for fermented cider has been growing more rapidly than at any time in the past 150 years. From farmhouse ciders in France to Gallician Cidres in Spain to cideries popping up right here in Philadelphia, this tasting class is a love letter to the world of cider and a fascinating peek behind the beverage. 7:30 - 9:30pm. Reservations required.
- River Deck Craft Beer Festival August 18, 2018 - Cavanaugh's River Deck, 417 N. Columbus Blvd.
- Come enjoy an afternoon of fun in the sun on the city’s largest outdoor deck while sampling a HUGE variety of local, national and international craft beers! There will be live acoustic music, baggo and Unlimited Sampling for 4 hours. Tickets Online.
- Growler Team Relay August 18, 2018 - Manayunk Brewing to Stable 12 Brewing
- The Growler Team Relay is a 43.2 mile running adventure from Manayunk Brewing to Stable 12 Brewing - and back. You choose how many friends you'd like on your team: minimum of two and maximum of eight. Each leg of the route varies in distance. Teams are responsible for providing their own vehicles (decorated vans are a plus!) and runners will transition at preset points along the course. Some runners may run two or more legs of the course while others may only run one leg...it's your decision!
- Pins Fur Pets V August 19, 2018 - Field House, 1150 Filbert St., Phila
- The Sons of Ben will host Pints Fur Pets, our fundraising event to benefit Animal Care and Control Team Philadelphia (ACCT Philly) and the Providence Animal Center (formerly known as the Delaware County SPCA) at the Field House in Philadelphia. Philadelphia Union players will come out to serve as guest bartenders and support us while we support local animal welfare organizations. Raffle and Drink specials. 1-4PM