Events for October 2016
- Zwanze Day @ Monk's Cafe October 01, 2016 - Monk's Cafe, 264 S. 16 St., Phila
- "We ill tap one of the world's rarest beers, Zwanze, an annual one-off brew made by Brasserie Cantillon of Brussels, Belgium and distributed to only a handful of bars around the world for a global simultap at 3pm ET. To accompany this year's raspberry, blueberry and vanilla-infused Zwanze lambic, we'll be pouring 24 additional world-class drafts from around the world -- all to raise funds for Fair Food Farmstand's Double Dollars program, with assists local SNAP recipients in buying fresh, local and organic food. This fundraiser is a CASH ONLY event, with 100% of the purchase price of drafts and raffles benefiting Fair Food.We'll be tapping a variety of rare and special kegs from some of our favorite brewers starting at Noon."
- Great American Beer Festival 2016 October 06, 2016 - October 08, 2016 - Colorado Convention Center, Denver
- You know the drill. Medal Awards Saturday afternoon, partying day and night. Sold Out, of course.
- 23rd St. Armory Oktoberfest October 07, 2016 - 23rd St. Armory, Philadelphia
- Philly is a great beer town, but there’s one thing that’s been missing: A real Bavarian-style Oktoberfest. Brauhaus Schmitz proprietor Doug Hager to the rescue. For three days, the Armory will be completely transformed into a Munich festival grounds. Think hundreds and hundreds of kegs, pounds and pounds of brats and picnic table seating for 1,500 people. Think servers in lederhosen and dirndls carrying giant liter steins of cold amber lager. Think stages with German music and huge blue and white tents strewn with ribbons — the budget for decorations alone is $30,000, according to a Brauhaus staffer. Tickets are on sale already, and there are five sessions to choose from. The $45 ticket includes all the food you can eat, a commemorative glass mug and your first liter of beer. Tickets online.
- Victory Brewing Oktoberfest October 08, 2016 - Victory Brewery, 3126 Lower Valley Rd., Parkesburg
- Victory Brewing Company’s Oktoberfest, the brewery’s take on the classic folk and beer festival held in Munich every fall, will prepare a traditional, German-inspired menu for guests. Besides festive fare and beer, the four-hour, family friendly event will be complete with local, live rock music and plenty of activities and lawn games. Cultural food-lovers rejoice, the brewpub’s menu will offer Oktoberfest eats like German-style pretzels and mustard, currywurst and doner kebabs. For the tykes, kid-friendlier options include mac and cheese, hot dogs, street tacos, cinnamon sugar pretzels and ice cream. Oktoberfest-goers will believe they’re actually in Germany with Victory’s own Biergarten featuring Oktoberfest beers like Festbier and Zeltbier. Helles Lager, Prima Pils and Headwaters will be offered as well to please patrons. Seasonal sangria will also be available from family-operated Flickerwood Wine Cellars. Noon-4pm
- Oktoberfest Live! 2016 - Philadelphia Craft Beer & Music Festival October 08, 2016 - Xfiniity Live, 1100 Pattison Ave., Philadelphia
- The 4th Annual Oktoberfest Live! craft beer festival celebration has been expanded to provide room for over 15,000 people. Plenty of space and no long lines on one of the largest Oktoberfest events on the east coast! This festival comes complete with indoor, outdoor, and covered beer gardens, German Oktoberfest-style beer tents, 7 spectacular areas, food trucks, multiple musical acts, and much more. Tickets, additional info online.
- Circle of Progress Harvest IPA Firkin @ Teresa's October 09, 2016 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Join us for the tapping of Sly Fox Circle of Progress Harvest IPA. This is one of two firkins and the only one to leave the brewery. Ned Foley from Two Particular Acres will be on hand to chat about his barley growing operation and to pull the first pint.
- P.A.L. 11th Annual Food Festival Fundraiser October 10, 2016 - Sunnybrook Ballroom, Pottstown
- This is a fundraising event for the children's programs that PAL offers.
Don't miss out on this fun and rewarding night out. Make it your special "date night" with that someone special. How can you go wrong....$20 for all you can eat and drink.....AND the money raised helps us to continue to invest in the Tri-County youth as we have for the past 31 years! Tickets and more information online.
- Lehigh Valley Brewers Guild Brew Fest October 16, 2016 - Two Rivers Brewing,. 542 Northampton St., Easton
- Be a part of the FIRST Lehigh Valley Brewers Guild Beer Fest! Join us from 1 pm until 4 pm and enjoy the best of what the Lehigh Valley has to offer! Tickets, more info online.
- OktoberForest Celebration @ Flying Fish October 20, 2016 - Flying Fish Tasting Room 900 Kennedy Blvd, Somerdale, NJ
- Celebrate New Jersey’s forests with us at Flying Fish Brewing’s tasting room. Enjoy free snacks and taste an exclusive beer brewed by Flying Fish just for the occasion. The Nature Conservancy will be on hand to talk about what we’re doing to help protect and restore forests in New Jersey and hand out free swag too! FREE. 5-8pm
- Pottstown Brew Fest October 22, 2016 - 75 W. King St., Pottstown
- The award-winning Pottstown Brew Fest returns to Manatawny Park for a celebration of great craft beer. Come join the fun, as we sample over 150+ beers and ciders from 65+ of the best craft brewers from the Mid-Atlantic and across the United States. The VIP Session ($75) offers serious beer enthusiasts an extra hour and an opportunity to taste some rare and highly desirable beers, mead and wine that will not be poured during the general session. General Admission ($45) starts at 1pm and features unlimited tastings. More details, tickets and a full list of breweries is online.