Events for May 2016
- Sly Fox Bock Fest & Goat Race May 01, 2016 - Sly Fox, 331 Circle of Progress, Pottstown
- The first Sunday in May is a special time at the brewery...the Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race is held every year, rain or shine! Called "Philadelphia's best beer event," the Bock Fest & Goat Races draw massive crowds of people who love to celebrate spring with great beer! Pay As You Go - Cash Only.
- Philadelphia Craft Beer Invitational May 04, 2016 - Xfinity Live! 1100 Pattison Ave
- This 3 hour tasting event on the opening day of the Craft Brewers Conference will feature beers from 38 Philadelphia-area breweries, all located within 60 miles of Philadelphia. 7-10pm Tickets online.
- Amber Waves May 05, 2016 - National Museum of American Jewish History, 101 S. Independence Mall, Phila
- 27 brewers from around the country sample amber hued beer and showcase a commissioned piece of art silent auction benefiting Philadelphia’s Mural Arts program. $10 suggested donation for CBC badge holders. Tickets are $35. Available online.
- South St. Spring Festival May 07, 2016 - Queen Village, South St., Phila
- The all-ages celebration takes over South Street between Front and 8th streets, plus along 2nd Street from South to Pine streets. Among the highlights: 40 bands, 30 restaurants and bars serving outside; 125 boutiques; and dozens of artists selling their wares. It’s pay-as-you-go for food and drink.
- Brauhaus Schmitz Maifest May 07, 2016 - Bella Vista, South St,, Phila
- In conjunction with the South Street Spring Festival, Brauhaus Schmitz takes to the street for its annual Maifest. Dance around the maipole, and enjoy German music, food and beer. You can either pay as you go, or get VIP tickets ($100) and enjoy complimentary appetizers, a beer stein, private bathrooms and exclusive beers in the Brauerbund.
- Hawthornes 7th Annual IPA Block Party May 14, 2016 - 11th street between Fitzwater & Catharine, S. Phila
- Live bands, homemade food, tons of hoppy (and some not so hoppy) beers, and a few hundred new friends you haven't met yet! This event is CASH ONLY and is also DOG and KID friendly! Each beer will be $5 including Russian River Pliny the Elder, Half Acre Vallejo, and dozens of other awesome rarities! 1-8pm. Draft list online.
- TODAY! Lawson's Finest Liquids Super Session & Sip of Sunshine Tapping @ Christopher's in Wayne May 16, 2016 - Christopher's in Wayne, 108 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Christopher's in Wayne will be tapping Sip of Sunshine and Super Session at 4pm,
- American Craft Beer Week May 18, 2016 - May 22, 2016 - USA
- For the 11th year in a row, the Brewers Association has declared American Craft Beer Week (ACBW), the nationwide celebration of U.S. small and independent craft brewers. The week-long tribute provides an opportunity for craft brewers to share their diversity, creativity and passion for the beverage they love with the greater craft beer community. All 50 states will be holding events including exclusive brewery tours, special craft beer releases, food and beer pairings, tap takeovers and more to celebrate the ever-advancing beer culture in the United States.
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp @ Teresa's May 20, 2016 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- We will be pouring a few of the cool one off brews made by beer campers from across the country. C'mon out and taste some whole cone hops in action.
- Taps, Tunes & Trucks May 21, 2016 - Sly Fox Brewery, 331 Circle of Progress, Pottstown
- A collection of curbside cuisine by the region's most popular food trucks. Kick off your Saturday with the Fox Trot 5k, then grab a beer and some food truck grub and enjoy the live music. 11am - 6pm
- 11th Annual Wheat Beer Fest May 21, 2016 - Point Breeze Pop Up, 1622 Point Breeze Ave, Phila
- We’re kicking off our second season with THE summer kick off party – the 11th Annual Wheat Beer Fest! Join us on Saturday, May 21 for a day of $3 wheat beers (all day long), live music, Philly’s finest food trucks and an overall great time hanging out with friends and neighbors. Noon - 8pm.
- Special Pop-Up Tasting Tonight: Brooklyn May 26, 2016 - The Beer Yard
- Join us from 4:30 - 6:30pm in the store where we will be pouring Brooklyn Lager, Summer Ale and the new American Ale.
- Special Brunch Tapping @ Teresa's May 29, 2016 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Stop by for the tapping of Maine Lunch Sole Kushy Clouds. & Half Acre Galactic Double Daisy and enjoy a holiday weekend brunch to boot.