Events for March 2016
- Beer Tasting With Woman-Owned Breweries March 03, 2016 - New Century Trust - 1307 Locust Street Philadelphia,
- Enjoy a tasting and conversation with the Philadelphia area's women in brewing. Moderated by brewing consultant Suzanne O'Brien, the panel will feature Carol Stoudt, founder and owner of Stoudts Brewery; Erin Wallace, founder of Barren Hill Brewery; Nancy Rigberg, owner of Home Sweet Home Brew; and Christina Burris, brewer and operations manager at Saint Benjamin Brewing Company. Light snacks will be included to complement the beer selection. Snow date, March 4th 6-8:30pm. Tickets online.
- Friday Night Sampling - Starr Hill March 04, 2016 - The Beer Yard
- Star Hill representative Tyler will be in from 5-7 sampling Northern Lights IPA and Reviver Red IPA. Come and try it out while listening to the staff gossip about Mark.
- 10th Annual Philly Craft Beer Festival March 05, 2016 - Philadelphia Navy Yard
- The award-winning Philly Craft Beer Festival, the event Forbes Traveler called one of the “Top 10 Beer Festivals in America” will return to The Navy Yard on March 5, 2016 for another great celebration of craft beer and brewing. More than 75 of the best craft breweries from around the block, around the country, and around the globe will be on hand to offer samples of their finest brewing achievements to event attendees at two sessions, a VIP session and a General Session. The VIP Session offers serious beer enthusiasts and extra hour and an opportunity to taste some rare and highly desirable beers that will not be poured during the general session. The event takes place outdoors under tents, rain or shine. Details & Tickets online.
- Fat Heads Hop JuJu Imperial IPA @ Teresa's March 06, 2016 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Fat Heads Hop JuJu Imperial IPA will be tapped at 3pm. And likely gone not too long after. See you there.
- Pliny The Younger Day @ Monk's (Charity Fundraiser) March 07, 2016 - Monk's Cafe, 264 S. 16 St., Phila
- "We will be holding our Annual Fundraiser on March 7th @ Noon. We will have quite the lineup of beer this year, I'll post that list once we have Younger in the building. We raised $20,000 for Alex's Lemonade Stand last year. That is a local children's cancer charity which funds research and assist families whose child is undergoing cancer treatment. We plan on offering a raffle of super rare beers to raise additional funds. I will also sell a few bottles of beers I helped to brew for too much money. The prices are high, but you get to feel good about yourself because 100% of your money goes to charity." Starts at noon. Cash Only!
- Friday Night Sampling: a Selection from Muller's March 11, 2016 - The Beer Yard
- Anthony from our wholesaler Muller will be by for this Friday's Sampling with some of his beers: Murphy's Irish Stout, Stoudts Pilsner, Captain Lawrence Frost Monster Imperial Stout, & the new Captain Lawrence Effortless Grapefruit Session IPA. 5-7pm as usual.
- Mason Porter & Sly Fox present Porter Fest March 12, 2016 - Club 212, 212 Bridge Street, Phoenixville
- Chester County roots-jam band Mason Porter are excited to announce Porter Fest, a new collaboration with area brewery Sly Fox. Sly Fox has brewed a special new porter in honor of their favorite local band, Mason Porter. Together they will be celebrating the release of the beer with Porter Fest at Club 212 in Phoenixville on March 12th. This celebration of music and beer will feature a headlining performance by Mason Porter as well as sets by Tin Bird Choir and The Wallace Brothers Band. Tickets, More Details Online.
- The Brewer's Plate 2016 March 13, 2016 - Kimmel Center, Philadelphia
- The Brewer's Plate is the definitive food and beverage festival in the Mid-Atlantic region. It is the great-grand-pappy of the beer and food pairing movement in Philadelphia - one of the first to introduce the region's blossoming throngs of foodies and beer geeks to the concept. More info, tickets online.
- Great Allentown Brew Works Cask Beer Fest March 19, 2016 - Allentown Brew Works, 812 W Hamilton St., Allentown
- $40 GA Presale, $50 at Door, $50 VIP Hour + GA. Details and tickets online.
- Two Roads Brewing @ FWOT March 23, 2016 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshocken
- 6 p.m.Two Roads Brewing at Fingers Wings & Other Things Choose your own adventure...Beer Edition. Pay As You Go.
- Meeting of the Malts V: Dick Yuengling, Jim Koch & Ken Grossman March 24, 2016 - Artsquest Center at SteelStacks, Bethlehem
- Three of the most successful brewers in the history of the United States together on stage for the first time. Dick Yuengling, Jim Koch and Ken Grossman, one night only. All proceeds support the Brewers of Pennsylvania. Four (4) Course Dinner. Each course will be paired with one of the following beers: D.G. Yuengling & Son, Samuel Adams and Sierra Nevada. The opening pint will be provided by Hijinx Brewery. The closing pint will be provided by Weyerbacher Brewery.Courtesy of Grandstand, dinner attendees will also receive a commemorative glass as an event souvenir.
Beer Silent Auction – An opportunity to bid on unique and collectible items from a variety of breweries including autographed, one-of-a kind items from this country’s finest Breweries.Tickets online.
- Pennsylvania Brewpub Festival March 24, 2016 - Artsquest Center at SteelStacks, Bethlehem,
- 5:30 - 7:30pm Showcasing dozens of Pennsylvania-based brewpubs. In addition, the Brewers of Pennsylvania will also present a PROHIBITION PARTY in The Foundry Room, Sands Casino Resort, 77 Sands Blvd in Bethlehem from 10:15 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. where attendees can enjoy beers with brewers. The PROHIBITION PARTY will have a special appearance by the Yuengling Girls.These events are held in conjunction with Meeting of the Malts V (see news item). Tickets, more information online.
- Bourbon Barrel Bonanza a@The Butcher & Barkeep March 25, 2016 - March 27, 2016 - Butcher & Barkeep, 712 Main St., Harleysville
- All Day — Bourbon Barrel Bonanza at The Butcher & Barkeep [Keep up with us daily to find out what will be poured each night of this week long event. Pay As You Go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Troegs March 25, 2016 - The Beer Yard
- Stop by and treat your friends and family with some great local beer. We will be sampling the new Solid Sender, Perpetual IPA, Nugget Nectar and Cultivator Helles Bock. Samples will start to pour around 3pm.
- Split Thy Skull XXI March 26, 2016 - Tattoed Mom 530 South St., Philadelphia
- We’re celebrating 21 years of barleywine madness this year so look for some special surprises on the menu plus cool commemorative swag. Complimentary banh mi (Vietnamese hoagie) & soft pretzel buffet. Sample barleywines from a dozen of the best local and national breweries by the glass or in two curated flights. We’re already excited to be bringing you 13 monster brews on tap. 1-6pm Pay As You Go.
- Tröegs Seasonal Confusion @ FWOT March 30, 2016 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshocken
- Who knows what season it is anymore? It changes every day! In the spirit of Seasonal Confusion, we will be tapping whatever we want from Tröegs Independent Brewing. Beers on Tap:Cultivator Helles Bock, Solid Sender Pale Ale, Mad Elf, Nugget Nectar, Scratch #227: French Style Saison & Scratch #226 IPA w/ Eureka Hop. Pay As You Go.