Events for October 2014
- Pennsylvania Apple 'n' Cheese Festival October 04, 2014 - October 05, 2014 - 141 East Canton Cross Road, Canton, PA.
- Saturday, October 4th, 2014 10am-6pm & Sunday, October 5th, 2014 10am-5pm. Juried Crafts • Fine Arts & Photography Show • Quilts Weaving Demo • Hand-blown Glass • Blacksmith Demo
Chainsaw Carving • Wine & Cheese Tasting• Continuous Free Entertainment • Wood Turning Apple Butter Making • Children’s Activities • Cider Pressing Apple & Cheese Desserts • Apple Displays •Broom Making Demonstration . 40 Palate Pleasing Food Vendors •
Admission: Adults - $5.00; Children 13 - 18 - $3.00; Children 12 and Under - Free.
- Oktoberfest Bridge St. Pub Crawl @ Phoenixville October 04, 2014 - Bridge St., Phoenixville
- Have a number of Oktoberfest Beers and Pumpkin Ales at the following Pub Crawl Spots: Bistro on Bridge, Franco Ristorante, The Pickering Creek Inn, Sips Bistro & Bar, Pepperoncini Phoenixville, Molly Maguire's Irish Restaurant and Pub, PJ Ryans & Great American Hotel. Best of all, the Food Trucks will be returning! Noon - 6pm,. Pay As You Go.
- Founders Brewing @ Teresa's October 10, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Founders beers including Kentucky Breakfast Stout will be pouring. KBS is usually enough, but we thought we would go bigger. A bunch of big beers will be pouring and another great start to a weekend will be had by all.
- Kennett Brewfest October 11, 2014 - 600 S. Broad St., Kenett Square
- The Kennett Brewfest is a fund-raising event for Historic Kennett Square, a non profit organization whose mission is to actively support and enrich the community vitality and pride, to help preserve the historic district and small town atmosphere, to promote economic stability and positive, productive relationships within Kennett Square and the surrounding townships.
- 9th Annual Pottstown Food Fest October 13, 2014 - Sunnybrook Ballroom, Pottstown, PA
- Run by the Pottstown Area Police Athletic League. Local restaurants
and businesses have their own tables for you to come and taste a sampling of what they offer. 5:30 - 8:30pm. Tickets are $25.00 per person. For More Information or to purchase Tickets, call 610-327-0527or email FoodFest@PottstownPAL.org
- Tröegs Beer Dinner @ Black Powder Tavern October 14, 2014 - Black Powder Tavern, 1164 Valley Forge Road, Wayne,
- A special four-course dinner, pairing each course with an exceptional brew from the Tröegs Brewing Co. Reception Beer: LaGrave. Scallops: Seared Scallops, Mushroom Risotto, Compound Brown Butter; Featured Beer: Scratch 157 Oktoberfest. Arctic Char: Pan-Seared Arctic Char, Sweet Spaghetti Squash, Roasted Parsnips, Red Pepper Pineapple Coulis; Featured Beer: Dreamweaver Wheat.
Sirloin: Flame-Grilled Sirloin, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Herb-Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, Roasted Shallot Carbonara Sauce; Featured Beer: Troegenator. Crème Brûlée: Mocha Espresso Crème Brûlée, Caramel Whipped Cream; Featured Beer: Java Head Stout.
7-9pm. $50.00 per person (plus tax & gratuity). Reservations are required. For more information, or to make reservations, call (610) 239-9333.
- Victory Brewing Co. Tappening @ FWOT October 15, 2014 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Victory Brewing Company Tappening is happening at Fingers Wings and Other Things as part of the events preceding the Conshohocken Beer Festival. We will be featuring many of Victory’s handcrafted beers on tap for this pay as you go event. All beers will be tapped at noon. The 'event' gets rolling at 6:00 PM with reps from Victory and prizes!
The Pours: Wild Devil, Moonglow Weizenbock, Festbier, White Monkey, Dirt Wolf Double IPA, Hop Ticket Noble IPA, Storm King Stout
- Sly Fox Beer Dinner @ Peppercorn Main Line October 16, 2014 - Peppercorn Main Line, 3503 W. Lancaster Ave., Wayne
- Menu: Fall Crab Cake with Sweet Potato and Beet Hash Drizzled with a Spicy Lager Hollandaise paired with Helles Lager; Warm Kale and Antipasto Salad paired with 360 IPA; Charred and Mushroom Stuffed Veal Breast, Glazed Figs and Baked Apples with Fennel paired with Oktoberfest; Cinnamon Anise Poached Pear served with Fresh Burrata and Cream paired with Incubus. 7pm/ $39 per person.
- Conshohocken Beer Festival October 18, 2014 - A. A. Garthwaite Stadium, E. 11th Avenue & Harry St., Conshohocken
- 40 craft breweries will gather to pour their freshest draft beers inside the A.A. Garthwaite Stadium. The inaugural Conshohocken Beer Fest will be a proper craft beer tasting experience featuring a beer menu designed to please savvy beer geeks and newcomers alike. Noon - 5pm. $40. Tickets available online.
- Firestone Walker w/ Stickee Monkee & Agrestic @ Teresa's [UPDATED] October 21, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Jenny Hobbs will be down to represent how great Firestone Walker is. We’ll have Pivo Pils, Pale 31, Union Jack and Double Jack. They may not seem that special because we pour them so much, but they are. We will also be pouring Stickee Monkee and Agrestic for those who need to feel special. Beers began pouring beginning at Noon and they will allow growler fills after 7pm. Growler fills are only allowed in Teresa's branded 32oz which cost $5.00 for the glass.
- Meeting of the Malts: A Celebration of PA Lager @ Sly Fox Pottstown October 21, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewery 331 Circle of Progress Drive, Pottstown
- This is a Brewers of Pennsylvania event. Brewmasters Bill Covaleski of Victory Brewing Company, Bill Moore of Lancaster Brewing and Brian O’Reilly of Sly Fox Brewing will join with beer industry legend and fourth-generation German-American brewmaster Bill Moeller. The panel will be moderated by Paul Kurtz, KYW Newsradio Anchor, and will discuss the history of Pennsylvania lager while the audience enjoys samples from breweries throughout the Commonwealth and various menu items.
Moeller has been both actively and peripherally involved in the brewing industry for some 64 years. He will speak about his extensive history in the industry as well as his family’s involvement in a fascinating part of many local breweries.
6-8:30pm. $60 includes beer and food. Tickets available online.
- Pumpkin Head @ Stardard Tap October 23, 2014 - Standard Tap, 2nd & Poplar Sts., Phila.
- Standard Tap on the details; "For our annual Pumpkin Head event. O we will be carving out 100 pint sized gourds which we will be filling with one of 10 of pumpkin beers for $10 (with $2 refills.) This is one of the few events of the year that we'll be bending our "local beer only" policy to accommodate some of the best pumpkin beers in America."
- Southern Tier Pumking Flight Night @ Craft Ale House October 30, 2014 - Craft Ale House, 708 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick
- Get ready for Halloween. Starting at 5pm we will be offering a vertical flight of five 5oz pours of Southern Tier Pumking from 2010, 11, 12, 13 & 14. If that isn't enough we will also have Southern tier Warlock on tap.
This is not a trick, but a tasty treat!
- Friday Night Sampling: Sly Fox October 31, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- Ohhh, scary! We will be pouring a selection of Sly Fox beer 5-7pm tonight. Mark will not be here as he is going trick or treating.