Events for July 2014
- Hawthorne's 5th Annual IPA Block Party July 05, 2014 - Hawthorne's Beer Cafe, 738 S. 11th St., Phila
- FROM HAWTHORNE'S
Despite the recent tragedy of a fire in our beloved Hawthornes, we will still be holding this amazing event. 24 Beers, all $5 each (There will be gluten free ciders and wheat beer options). Live Outdoor Music w/ local Philly bands! Over the Top Homemade Street Food! Kid & Pet Friendly -Tables Available. This event is RAIN OR SHINE. Cash Only (drink tickets to be purchased upon entry; redeem at the keg of your choice). More info: 215.627.3012
- Hop Chef Philly July 08, 2014 - Unon Transfer, 1026 Spring Garden St., Phila
- Nine of Philadelphia’s most talented chefs will compete in Brewery Ommegang’s third-annual Hop Chef Philly for a chance to represent the city in a cook-off at the brewery’s annual Belgium Comes to Cooperstown event. Each chef will prepare and serve an innovative, original dish inspired by one of the brewery’s five pairing principles, and top local food experts will judge the plates, with the strongest entry earning a trip to Cooperstown to compete against winners from other cities and take home the title of Hop Chef 2014. Doors open at 6 . and contest begins at 7. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased online.
- Sly Fox Summer Series 5K #4 July 09, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewery 331 Circle of Progress Drive, Pottstown
- The Sly Fox Track Club will host their Fourth summer series 5k in Pottstown at the brewery. The course is great for spectators, the course consists of a little more than four loops. Regfistration begins at 6:30, the race at 7pm. Plenty of random prizes from local restaurants, GNC, Chester County Running store, and Road ID. Awards to overall winners and age groups going three deep: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 50-59, 60+. All registered runners 21 and older will receive one free beer after the race. Tech T-shirts guaranteed to preregistered runners.
Entry fee is $23 prior to the second Monday of each race and $28 thereafter including race day. If you are or become a member of the Sly Fox Track Club entry is $20 prior to two Mondays out and $23 after including race day. Register online see remaining schedule for this summer.
- Friday Night Sampling: Bear Republic July 11, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- Grand Am, Racer 5, Hop Rod & Red Rocket will be available for your enjoyment from 5-7pm. Mark will not.
- Friday Night Sampling: Southampton July 18, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Southampton Double White, Summer Blonde, IPA & Keller Pils from 5-7pm, because that's what we do. Come on in and share some happy time with Mark.
- Philadelphia Zoo Annual Summer Ale Festival July 19, 2014 - Philadelphia Zoo, 3400 Girard Ave., Phila
- Philadelphia Zoo will host an evening filled with regional craft beers as well as a delicious sampling of food for purchase from local food truck vendors on Saturday, July 19 from 6:30 – 10:00PM. More than 20 breweries will participate, offering guests a selection of two beers of the brewers’ choosing. Pair beers from breweries such as Victory Brewing Company, Straub Brewery, Prism Brewing Company, Evil Genius Brewing Company, Troegs Brewing Company, Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company, Lancaster Brewing Company, River Horse Brewing Company and more with delectable fare, representing a well-rounded range of cuisines. Participating food truck vendors include Poi Dog Snack Shop, The Cow and the Curd, Sweetbox Cupcakes, Surf and Turf Truck, Mac Mart Cart, The Whirly Pig and more. $55. Tickets available online.
- Somerdale Tour de Fish July 20, 2014 - Soemrdale. NJ
- Make plans to come visit during the inaugural Tour de Fish. Nine categories for all ages/abilities, including one for kids. The one-mile track conveniently starts and ends at the Flying Fish brewery. There will be tours and tastings, Somerdale will have a food truck area set up and there will be various other family friendly activities. Fun starts at 9.