Events for May 2014
- Friday Night Sampling: Flying Fish May 02, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm.Sales rep Erin will be here pouring. 5-7pm, as usual.
- 2014 Bock Fest & Goat Races May 04, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewhouse @ Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- The Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race has become one of the Philadelphia region’s favorite beer-focused celebrations, drawing crowds estimated in the 2,500 to 3,000 range to the Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery in Phoenixville in recent years. A German menu is offered to complement what might be the largest offering of bock-style beers by any brewery in the United States at one time.
The festival takes place in front of the pub with a huge tent helping provide shade on what is usually a perfect spring day. The running of the ruminants is held from the rear of the building in which the pub sits down along a roadway to a finish line near the back of festival area, in front of a grassy hillside where early arrivals have staked out their place. Afterwards, some of the goats and their owners mingle with the crowd, delighting the many children in attendance with their families.
- Battle of the Barrels @ Teresa's May 06, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- FROM THE TND WEBSITE
Starts at 6:30pm. 3 Wines, 3 Beers: Your vote decides the winner. Wine VS Beer 3 course tasting menu only $33. Limited reservations available, don't miss this amazing value.
- Victory Tap Takeover @ FWOT May 07, 2014 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- FROM FWOT WORLD HEADQUARTERS:
Please join us as we welcome Victory Brewing Company of Downingtown, PA. We will be featuring many of Victory’s handcrafted beers on tap.The Pours: DirtWold DIPA, Summer Love Ale.Mad King’s Weiss, Storm King Imperial Stout, HopDevil & Golden Monkey. Victory Mixes: Silver Back – ½ Golden Monkey and ½ Storm King, Mad Monkey – ½ Golden Monkey and ½ Mad King’s Weiss, DarkDevil – ½ HopDevil and ½ Storm King. Pay As You go.
As always we hope you can join us.
- Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta May 09, 2014 - May 10, 2014 - Schuylkill River/Kelly Drive, Philadelphia
- FROM THE SLY FOX WEBSITE
The Aberdeen Dad Vail Regatta is the largest collegiate regatta in the United States, with over 100 colleges and Universities from the U.S. and Canada. Thousands of student athletes gather to compete during the weekend of the second Saturday of May. Sly Fox is proud to be the exclusive beer featured and this year will introduce the Dad Vail Regatta Pale Ale; a low ABV American Pale Ale.
- Friday Night Sampling: Fegley Brewworks May 09, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm as usual. Beers to be announced.
- Savor: American Craft Beer & Food Experience May 09, 2014 - May 10, 2014 - National Building Museum, 401 F St NW, Washington DC
- A must-attend for craft beer aficionados and foodies alike for six years running, SAVOR offers a memorable craft beer and food experience to a limited number of attendees. Event tickets have consistently sold out extremely quickly in Washington, D.C.
Guests enjoy a reception-style sampling of sweet and savory appetizers and craft beers from over 70 small and independent craft breweries. They will also have the unique opportunity to converse with the luminaries of the craft beer industry—brewery owners, brewers and representatives will be on hand personally serving their beer.
- Bocks & Brats @ Johnny Brenda's May 10, 2014 - May 11, 2014 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave., Phila
- FROM JOHNNY BRENDA'S
2 days of Bock bier and housemade sausages! All Saturday and Sunday, we'll be celebrating the bounty of local Bock bier! The kitchen will be serving up house-made bratwurst and soft pretzels to wash down those tasty, malty bocks. On Sunday from noon-3pm, Peggy and Simon, the dynamic 3-legged goat duo (that's 6 legs all together) and winners of the last 3 Sly Fox goat races, will be in attendance!! You can visit with them and contribute to Team Peggy and the Humane Society of Bucks Co. For Sunday brunch, we'll be donating a buck a Bock to Team Peggy.
Bocks on tap:Stoudt's Maibock,Stoudt's Smooth Hoperator- American Doppelbock, Sly Fox Maibock, Sly Fox Hefeweizen Dopplebock, Sly Fox Slackerbock, Sly Fox Hellesbock, Sly Fox Instigator Doppelbock, Lancaster Billy's Bock - Spring Bock, Victory St Boisterous - Hellerbock, Troegenator - Doppelbock, Troeg's Cultivator - Hellerbock.
Pay As You Go.
- American Craft Beer Week May 12, 2014 - May 18, 2014 - Across the Nation
- Click on the link for the official American Craft Beer Week events calendar, hosted by CraftBeer.com, for a full list of local celebrations in all 50 states.
- Yard's Beer Dinner @ Peppercorn Main Line May 15, 2014 - Peppercorn Main Line, 503 W. Lancaster Ave., Wayne
- Our Beer Pairing Dinner will begin at 6:30pm. The Tavern will also be open for happy hour if you prefer to arrive early. Tickets and menu online.
- Friday Night Sampling: Susquehanna May 16, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm, because that's When we roll; details still to come because that's How we roll.
- Suburban Beer Week May 16, 2014 - May 17, 2014 - Craft Ale House, Armstrong Ales, Sly Fox Tastin' Room, French Quarter Bistro, Railroad St. Bar & Grille
Troegs & Evil Twin Featured @French Quarter Bistro, Royersford
Pennsylvania Breweries Featured # Railroad St. Bar & Grill, Linfield
All events Pay As You Go. For more information. contact the individual venue(s).
- Taps, Tunes & Trucks Food Truck Festival May 17, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewery, 331 Circle of Progress Drive,Pottstown
- 11:00am to 6:00pm, the parking lot at the brewery will be filled with some of the Philadelphia region's most famous food trucks as Sly Fox Brewing Company hosts their inaugural Taps, Tunes & Trucks food truck festival. The day will kick off with the Fox Trot 5K, a competitive run starting at 10am in front of the brewery. The field of runners will be treated to a complimentary draft of the award-winning Grisette at the finish line where the convoy of trucks will be serving up unique fare.
Among the food trucks: Baron Von Schwein and their modern take on BBQ; The Cow and The Curd with their award-winning battered and fried Wisconsin cheese curds; Heart Food Truck offering seasonal, sustainable and local creations; Sum Pig Food Truck serving globally inspired comfort food; The Sunflower Truck Stop specializing in creative farm-to-curb cuisine. and the delectable Undrgrnd Donuts.
All that and a full beer menu featuring the release this year's Grisette. Pay As You Go.
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival May 17, 2014 - Iron Brewery & Restaurant, 30 E. State St., Media
- One of the region's oldest and one of it's best beer fests. Tickets available online.
- 9th Annual Wheat Beer Fest & Block Party @ SPTR May 17, 2014 - South Phila Tap Room, 1509 Miflin St., Phila
- Wheat Beer Fest is South Philadelphia Tap Room’s summer kick-off block party. We'll pour 30+ wheat beers from Allagash, Bell’s, Benediktiner, Funk Brewing, Saucony, Philly Brewing, Ommegang, Troegs, Unibroue, and many more. SPTR’s Chef Scott Schroeder will break out the grill for a South Philly-style street BBQ. And it wouldn’t be a party without live music – bands will include the West Philadelphia Orchestra, St. James & the Apostles, Arrah Fisher, The Jawns and Ancient Creature. Block party starts at noon and admission is free. All Wheaties will be $3 from noon-8pm. All food and beer is pay as you go.
- 2014 Philly Beer Scene Awards Ceremony May 20, 2014 - World Café Live, 3025 Walnut St., Phjila
- PRESS RELEASE:
The Best of the Philly Beer Scene Awards are back at World Cafe Live for their 3rd year of celebrating the local craft beer community. Join your favorite local brewers and bar owners and walk down the red carpet to the fanciest beer event of the year.Over 160' of red carpet are rolled out, all the way from the curb on 31st St to the inside doors to the downstairs auditorium. You'll be greeted by our team of paparrazi throughout your walk and you can stop in front of our 20' Step & Repeat to have even more photos taken.
Once you walk into the auditorium you'll be handed a souvenir glass (yours to take home, and you can be assured it will be much nicer than your average pint glass) filled with a beer brewed in collaboration with Free Will exclusively for this event. Ticket holders will each have a mezzanine seat for the entire show with wait service available.
This years show will be hosted by Michael Lawrence, who made Beeradelphia, and Swift Technique will once again return as the house band. Each award will be presented by various local celebrities of the craft beer industry.
As for the most important part, what beer will be available, we will have firkins from: Tired Hands, Forest & Main, Dock Street, Earth Bread + Brewery, Iron Hill, and Nodding Head. The six draft lines will be comprised of offerings from Neshaminy Creek, Victory, Yards, Weyerbacher, Spring House, and Troegs. We will update this list with specific beers being poured as we confirm them. The bar will be PAYG.
Once the show concludes, everyone in attendance will get a wax-dipped bottle of the exclusive Free Will beer to take home with them. This beer will not be available anywhere outside of this event.
Doors will open at 6:00 and the show will begin at 7:00. Due to space constraints, tickets are extremely limited and only 50 are available.
- Girls Gone Crafty @ Brother Paul's May 22, 2014 - Brother Paul's, 3300 Ridge Pike, Eagleville, PA 19403
- Megan from Evolution and Brittany from Old Dominion will be here with three beers each from their breweries. Starts at 6pm. Pay As You go.
- Manatawny Still Works Grand Opening May 30, 2014 - Manatawny Still Works, 320 Circle of Progress, Pottstown
- The distillery will officially open with a celebration and the public is invited.
A ribbon cutting ceremony at 3:00pm featuring local dignitaries will be followed by live music. Two of the regions most popular food trucks will be on hand to pair offerings with some of the Still Works' creative cocktails. The Grand Opening Celebration will appropriately feature the popular bluegrass band Manatawny Creek Ramblers from 5:00pm to 8:00pm and American locals, Tin Bird Choir, will follow from 8:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Friday Night Sampling: Old Forge May 30, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm tonight we will have our traditional Friday Night Sampling session, featuring beers from Old Forge this week. Come on in and see which ones.