Events for September 2013
- Delco SPCA Fundraiser @ The Beer Yard August 31, 2013 - September 02, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- One of our favorite events every year and one at which your generosity helps a very worthy cause, the Delaware County SPCA. As usual, we will be sampling Tröegs beers, enjoying good food from Teresa's Next Door cooking right on the grill out front of the store and having a great time. Free pint glasses with the purchase of a Tröegs case (while they last)
$5 from every case of Tröegs sold during the whole Labor Day Week and 10% of every check at Teresa's with "SPCA" written on it over that same stretch will be donated to the Delco SPCA.. 1-4pm. See you here...and bring your dogs (leashed); they'll love it too.
- Wendy Littlefield of Vanberg & DeWulf @ Strangelove's on Labor Day September 02, 2013 - Strangelove's, 216 @. 11 St., Phila
- FROM STRANGELOVE'S:
This event is nearly a year in the making…and Strangelove's couldn't be more excited to welcome Wendy Littlefield of Vanberg & DeWulf for an explosion of beers from their amazing portfolio! Vanburg & Dewulf has shaped the Belgian beer landscape in America more than anyone else. Instead of resting on their laurels, Wendy and husband/partner Don Feinberg continue to introduce us to new and exciting breweries from Belgium and beyond. This is an event to celebrate these beers and the team that makes it possible for us to enjoy them stateside! Expect Vanburg & DeWulf inspired specials all day from Chef Paul Martin!
Full draft list includes:
LambickX- De Troch
LambickX- Private Domaine
Scaldis Peche Mel
Dilewyn's Vicaris Tripel Gueuze
Dupont Monk's Stout
Saison Dupont Cuvee
Green Jack Rippa
Dupont Foret Blanche
Amiata Bastardo Rossa
Scheldebrouwerij Hop Ruiter
Dupont Posca Rustica
Starts at Noon. Pay As You Go.
- Tasty Stout Tuesday at Teresa's September 03, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Starts at Noon. Pay As You Go. Odin's Tipple, Emelisse Russian Imperial Stout, Dogfish World Wide Stout, & Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
- Operation Homefront Check Presentation @ Sly Fox Pottstown September 05, 2013 - Sly Fox Brewery, 331 Circle of Progress Drive,Pottstown
- FROM SLY FOX:
Join us for a formal check presentation to the representatives of Operation Homefront where we will be tapping the last keg of Homefront IPA. We will also be tapping Delta Pale Ale, a single-hop varietal pale ale brewed with Delta hops and it's also Growler Night! Sorry - no discounted growlers of Homefront IPA or Delta Pale Ale due to their limited quantities. 530 - 6:30pm
- Girzacca Debut @ Nodding Head September 05, 2013 - Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant, 1516 Sansom St., Phila
- EMAIL FROM NODDING HEAD:
[W]anted to give you a heads up regarding a Philly debut we're fortunate enough to host this Thursday, September 5, beginning at 6pm. The beer is called Grizacca, and it's a collaboration between Casey Hughes (aka The Hoodlum, formerly of Flying Fish and currently at Coppertail in Tampa) and our friends at Oxbow Brewing in Maine. We have great fondness for all involved in this brew, and are proud to have been chosen as the spot for the local debut.
Philadelphia availability of this beer will be extremely limited, and we expect our keg to go very quickly. Casey himself will be in attendance straight from the airport, so if you've been missing him since his June move south this is a great chance to catch up. (my liver does not miss him)
Grizacca - An American Grisette, which is a stateside version of a Belgian farmhouse ale. Brewed at Oxbow, using locally grown Spelt ( a really old species of wheat) along with barley for the grain bill, and an experimental hop named Azacca in the boil as well as for the two dry-hoppings. Smooth and light, both in color and flavor. Citrus and melon hop notes should be abundant thanks to the mysterious new hop variety. Weighing in at 5.2%ABV, this thirst-quencher should be just the thing to celebrate the end of summer.
- Returning the Banner: Sly Fox @ Grey Lodge Pub September 06, 2013 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Phila
- FROM SLY FOX CALENDAR:
Sly Fox loaned Grey Lodge a banner over a year ago and though we have crossed paths many times at The Grey Lodge, we have always forgotten to give back/take back the banner. We figured if we made an event around returning the banner then we might actually do it. It's also great excuse to showcase three Belgian style beers from Sly Fox... actually two Belgian beers and a German style. So "Belgium and Germany Comes from Pottstown" would be more accurate, but that's a mouthful. And we'd rather have our mouths full of beer not words. Featured On Tap: Sly Fox Belgian Blonde, Sly Fox Saison Vos & Sly Fox Oktoberfest. 6.9PM Pay As You Go.
For more information regarding this event contact: 215-856-3591
- MS Fundraiser with Prism Brewing Co. @ FWOT September 12, 2013 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- From FWOT:
Please join us on Thursday September 12th @ 5:00 PM for a Happy Hour to benefit The National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society sponsored by FWOT and Prism Brewing Co. Jeffery & Jeremy Quinn will be riding 175 miles in the MS City to Shore bike ride as part of Team Prism on September 28th & 29th and they need your support.
- Friday Night Sampling: Summit September 13, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- we will be pouring Saga and Oktoberfest from Summit Brewing Co, this Friday evening from 5-7pm. Stop by and join us.
- Friday The Firkinteenth @ Grey Lodge September 13, 2013 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Phila
- FROM SCOATS
Kicking off with a 10am special breakfast and a noon tapping. Since it has been 14 months since the last Firkinteenth, we are shooting to buy 30 firkins for this one. An historic event in Philadelphia which is determined by the calendar (only when Friday falls on the 13th of the month).
- 5th Annual Pils Picnic @ Johnny Brenda's September 14, 2013 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave., Phila
- EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Come enjoy an end of summer beer-fest at our 4th Annual Pils Picnic at JBs! This region is becoming famous for our incredible local pilsners, so drinkable and so delicious.
Here's what we are going to have on tap starting from noon and into the night:
Prism Summer of 69
Stoudt's Big Brother Pilsner
Sly Fox Saphir Pils
Victory Braumeister PIls-Tettnang hops
Victory Schwarz Pils
Susquehanna Pils Noir
Troeg's Sunshine Pils
Sixpoint the Crisp
Sly Fox Pikeland Pils
Victory Prima Pils
The kitchen will be serving up yummy picnic fare, including:
Deviled eggs,Cold Fried Chicken and House-made Soft Pretzels. Starts at noon. Pay As You Go.
- 7th Annual Beer Fest & BBQ at the Ballpark@ McFadden's Ballpark September 14, 2013 - McFadden's, Citizens Bank Park., S. Phila.
- NEWS RELEASE:
You & your family, friends, and co-workers are all invited! Enjoy an incredible Fall-weather day at McFadden's Ballpark sampling over 50 Different Beers from 30+ Craft Breweries all while listening to Live Band & DJ Music, indulging on Great Ballpark & Outdoor BBQ Food (yes, it's included!), and much more. Tickets and more information online.
- Talk Like a Piraat Day @ Teresa's September 19, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- FROM THE TND WEBSITE:
This could turn out to be our funniest event ever. Brouwerij Van Steenberge has decided to have a contest to see who the best Pirate is amongst us. In order to do so, the winner will be sent home with a 9 Liter bottle. Yes, it really is a massive bottle of Piraat.
All you need to do is come in dressed as a Pirate and talk away. The best impersonation judged by our staff will get you that bottle. More details to follow.
(Please no actual Parrots, the health inspector may not like it much).
- Friday Night Sampling: Sierra Nevada September 20, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Torpedo IPA, Tumbler Autumn Brown Ale and Flipside Red IPA will be pouring 5-7pm. Aren't you glad you live near enough to stop by?
- 18th Annual Sippin' by the River September 21, 2013 - The River Deck, 417 Columbus Blvd., Phila
- EVENT LISTING
The event will run from 1pm until 5 pm and benefits the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. 100% of the proceeds benefit CCFA.
Your ticket will grant you entrance and the chance to sample an assortment of great wines & beers, entertainment, live music from Firewater, $15 in free slot play at SugarHouse Casino, and much more - all with the great backdrop of the Delaware River. Plus, everyone gets a $20 Uber driving credit - wow! Super cheap $8 parking - Pier 24 Parking Lot (right next to the River Deck on the river)!
1pm - 5pm. Tickets and details online.
- Great Divide Tap Takeover @FWOT September 21, 2013 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- FROM FWOT:
Please join us for an afternoon tasting event, featuring the exciting beers of Denver, Colorado's Great Divide Brewing Company.
The Pours: Rumble IPA, 19th Anniversary Ale. Colette Farmhouse Ale, Orabelle, Titan IPA, Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti &Heyday. 11AM -4PM Pay As You Go.
- City Tap House Oktoberfest: Best “Wurst” Saturday Ever September 21, 2013 - City Tap House, 39 & Walnut, Phila
- NEWS RELEASE
Celebrate the beginning of Germany’s famed Oktoberfest with seasonal food specials and German-style craft beers at The Best “Wurst” Saturday Ever hosted by City Tap House. From 1 to 4 p.m., the kitchen will prepare and serve an extended menu of Bavarian fare, while many of the bar’s 60 taps will be dedicated to both local and world beers brewed in honor of the annual suds festival. Both food and beer will be available on a pay-as-you-go basis, and TJ Kong & the Atomic Bomb will provide live musical entertainment.
- Smoke 'Em If Youse Got 'Em @ Yards September 22, 2013 - Yards Brewing Co., 902 N. Delaware Ave., Phila
- FROM THE BREWERY WEBSITE:
Yards would like to once again present to you our annual smoked beer and food festival. It’s as simple as it sounds… a festival with random smoked beers from around the world paired with some of the best local BBQ and smoked food in the area. We have decided to yet again mix up the beer selection between smoked beers and beers that well....we just love. We will be pouring anywhere from 25-30 awesome beers that day, so there will only be more to love. Amateur competitors will be serving up some of their finest fare outside along with some good ole BBQ inside as well. ... And there will be live music, as if the day couldn't get any better. Smoke 'Em has always been an awesome festival, and we plan to continue the tradition. Smoke 'Em is a rain or shine event because BBQ and beer are perfect in any type of weather. Must be 21 to purchase tickets and attend. $50. Noon-4pm
- Sierra Nevada Tasty Tuesday @ Teresa's September 24, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- FROM THE TND WEBSITE
For many of us Sierra Pale broke our craft beer cherries, and thankfully it was a memorable experience. In fact we often think back on that still autumn night when… Anyway, here we will be pouring some new treats and old classics. Flipside, Bigfoot, Imperial Red, Belgian Black IPA, Pale Ale, Torpedo and Ovila Abbey Saison.
- Round 10: Johnny Brenda's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration September 24, 2013 - September 26, 2013 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave., Phila
- OFFICIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT:
10 years have passed quickly since Paul and William bought the bar on the corner of Frankford and Girard and built it into the place we know and love today! We'll be celebrating 10 years of Johnny Brenda's serving up fine beer, tasty food, and awesome live music! Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, we'll be tapping a firkin of local craft beer at 10pm and serving up free, yes free, pints of beer!
Thursday night get ready for a 10 year birthday bash with an all star line-up of past and present JBs employees spinning records from 8pm-close. We'll have free pints from a firkin at 10pm and we'll serve up 1/2 priced drinks of the DJ's choice all night!
- The End of Farmhands & Beginning of....? @ Tired Hands September 26, 2013 - Tired Hands, 16 Ardmore Ave., Ardmore
- FROM TIRED HANDS
Please join us on Thursday September 26th to celebrate the life of FarmHands and see it through to it’s next stage of existence. We’ll be selling pints of (the newly renamed) FarmHands for $3.33 (half the price of the Beast) from 4-8pm. Get out here and drink one of the most accurate representations of Saison in the area and mourn/celebrate with us. Thank you all for your continued support.
Confused? Here's the story behind this event.
- Friday Night Sampling: Sly Fox September 27, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- Sly Oktoberfest Lager, Phoenix Pale Ale, Helles Golden Lager and Pikeland Pils will be available for your sampling delight. 5-7pm
- 2nd Annual Can Jam Festival @ Sly Fox Pottstown September 28, 2013 - Sly Fox Brewery, 331 Circle of Progress Drive,Pottstown
- SLY FOX NEWS RELEASE:
ANNUAL SLY FOX CAN JAM MUSIC FESTIVAL
RETURNS TO POTTSTOWN SEPT. 28
Six of the region’s best musical acts will be featured at the day-long gathering which also includes Brick Oven Pizza and Barbeque from the brewery’s Tastin’ Room, Sly Fox’s award-winning beers, and a hotly contested KanJam® tournament
The second annual Can Jam Music Festival will take over the Sly Fox Brewing Company grounds at 331 Circle of Progress Drive in the Pottstown Airport Industrial Park on Saturday, September 28, 2013.
The free event will feature a half-dozen of the region’s top musical acts and a Kan Jam Tournament in which the winning team will be awarded its combined weight in Sly Fox beer.
The entertainment for the day includes performances by Ataloft, Travel Lanes, John Train, Swift Technique, The Lawsuits and Toy Soldiers; a lineup which Sly Fox brewmaster Brian O’Reilly says will offer “as solid and diverse a sampling of the best performers on the current Philadelphia area music scene as I’ve ever seen.”
The first act will appear on the outdoor stage at noon and the final performance is scheduled to begin at 7:30pm, providing over 8 hours of music for the crowd. During that time attendees will be able to enjoy BBQ and pizza from the popular on-premises Tastin’ Room, draught beer inside at the bar, and canned and draught beers sold at stands out front. Can Jam Lager, a special beer brewed for the event each year, is expected to be a popular choice.
The Kan Jam Tournament will be a competition among 80 pre-registered two-person teams conducted on a playing field adjacent to the Tastin’ Room. The round robin contest features a series of three-game matches in which scoring involves throwing discs into barrel-shaped goals 50-feet away. Sly Fox adds its own cantacular touch to the game by requiring all contestants to play while holding a can of beer in one hand.
Tournament play will begin at 10am and the championship match is expected to take place at approximately 4:30pm. The weighing ceremony of the championship duo and the awarding of their weight in beer will follow immediately.
The Can Jam Music Festival is named to celebrate Sly Fox’s role as the first craft brewery in the Mid Atlantic region to can beer; that choice in 2006 made them one of the earliest adapters of what has since become the hottest packaging trend in the industry. Sly Fox Pikeland Pils became the first canned craft beer to win a Gold Medal at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver in 2007.
- DirtWolf Breakfast @ Victory September 28, 2013 - Victory Brewing Co., 420 Acorn Lane. Downingtown
- FROM VICTORY:
Come out to the brewpub to celebrate the release of our newest year round bottled brew, DirtWolf Double IPA, and enjoy a special Victory breakfast. The brewpub will open at 9am and serve a delicious breakfast menu until 11am. The retail store will open at 9am, so you can also grab a case of 4-pack to go.
- Downingtown Fall Fest September 29, 2013 - Lancaster Ave. between Green St. and Wallace Ave., Downingtown, PA
- Presented by Victory Brewing Co. "Celebrate the season at Downingtown FallFest! We will have plenty of delicious beer for our Downingtown neighbors! You'll also enjoy food from local restaurants, merchandise from local businesses and tons of other crafts and goodies." Noon-4pm.