Events for June 2013
- The Doctor Comes Home @ Teresa's (PBW) June 02, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: Our beloved Dr. Joel will be back in his home town with some super New Holland beers. If you wear a bathrobe to this brunch then you will receive a discount and the Doctor can explain why. Right Doc? Don't miss this morning start to your first Sunday of PBW 2013. Park at the train station, drink here then take the train downtown and support the all day mayhem in America's Best Beer Drinking city. It is a good way to roll, and besides you can sober up on the train ride home and even stop here after and have some alcohol absorbing snacks and water! But really you will just drink more session beer, isn't that water? 11am - 3pm
- Take the Train with De Garre and Klokke Roeland @ Teresa's (PBW) June 03, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 2-2-2 Take the Train with some of Van Steenberge's most prized brews, the infamous Tripel van de Garre and Klokke Roeland. Enjoy these two giant slayers for only $2 each for two hours. We pour these everyday with great pride, but this day we are willing to lose money so you stay safe and take the train downtown. Pay As You Go
- Chimay Happy Hour @ Teresa's (PBW) June 04, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 3-5pm. Why not meet all your beer friends here, avoid the Schuylkill, take the train downtown and enjoy PBW throughout the city. Tuesday will be Chimay White and La Trappe Dubbel for just $2 for two hours.And BOBO will be here again by 6pm after tasting of all three at the Beer Yard first. Free Tasting or $2 Beers, you decide, maybe both. We would.
- Bobo Is Back @ Teresa's (PBW) June 04, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: Bobo is back for the 6th straight year here for another great beer week dinner. We will feature the Red, White and Blue along with creative Belgian inspired food pairings to go along with them. Don't miss the chance to meet Bobo, the Trappist Santa from Chimay, while he shares stories of Belgium, beer and culture. He is one great man who loves coming here each year and we are proud to host him once again. Not a bad endorsement don't you think? Come out and join us. 6-8PM.
- Take the Train with Two Brothers Brewing @ Teresa's (PBW) June 05, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 3-5PM. This Wednesday we will pour two mighty beers from Illinois: Northwind Imperial Stout and Bare Tree Weiss Wine. These two beers for two dollars for two hours are sure to make your train ride down to Philly even finer. Why not meet all your beer friends here, avoid the Schuylkill, take the train downtown and enjoy PBW throughout the city.
- Meet Masterbrewer Yvan de Baets @ Monk's (PBW) June 05, 2013 - Monks Cafe
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: Per Mr. Peters: Come meet my good friend, Yvan, from Brasserie de la Senne. Yvan & Bernard make incredibly flavorful, session ales. Yvan is a purist, beer historian, food lover & he makes some of my favorite beers coming out of Belgium these days. Still working out the details, so stayed tuned...well tuned.It looks like we will be pouring:
Manneken Penn (the Philly Beer Week collaboration)
and hopefully Jambe de Bois & Zwarte Piet
- Take the Train Happy Hour @ Teresa's (PBW) June 06, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 3-5pm 2-2-2 Take the Train Happy Hour Live in the 'burbs? or just know a amazing value when you see one? 2 Beers - 2 Hours - 2 Bucks We did this very successfully last year and we are doing it again. Why not meet all your beer friends here, avoid the Schuylkill, take the train downtown and enjoy PBW throughout the city.
- Yvan from De La Senne at Teresa's (PBW) June 06, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 6-9pm. This has been a long time coming and tonight is a very special event for us. We are honored to host Yvan De Baets from Brasserie De La Senne in Brussels will be on hand for questions this evening. He makes Taras Boulba, Zinne bir, Jambe de Bois, Brussels Calling, Stout Erik and more. Come out and meet this brilliant brewer and drink his fabulous beer fresh. We will have a fun food pairing menu available as well. This is exciting!
- Friday Night Sampling: A Double Header June 07, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- Beers from two breweries will be a-pouring as we head into the final weekend of Philly Beer Week: Witterkerke Cans and Ithaca Apricot Wheat. 5-7pm as usual; please don't feed treats to Mark.
- Take the Train with Russian River @ Teresa's (PBW) June 07, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: 3-5pm. Take the Train after having both a Russian River Pliny the Elder and a Damnation for only $2 each for two hours. Then head downtown to continue the mayhem in Philadelphia. Why not meet all your beer friends here, avoid the Schuylkill, take the train downtown and enjoy PBW throughout the city.
- Drinking in the Streets with Troegs and Tunes @ Teresa's (PBW) June 08, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Noon - 10pm. Every year the Main Line Jazz & Food Festival descends on North Wayne Avenue to bring music and drinking to our street. We will be pouring many Troegs beers in the street. Expect AT LEAST ten (10) Troegs taps and a firkin flowing freely. Last year we kicked 17 Troegs kegs and we are ready to drink even more this year. When on the Main Line do you get to drink in the streets with live Jazz all day long? Here, but once a year. Don't miss this annual blowout of all things Troegs, a day with the infamous Nick Johnson and of course great street fare from our creative kitchens.
- PHILLY BEER WEEK [UPDATED] June 09, 2013 - Philadelphia & Suburbs
- Kick off the world's largest beer celebration of its kind with a festival like no other. Welcome the arrival of the Hammer of Glory from its daylong relay through the streets of Philadelphia, cheer award-winning brewers and watch Mayor Nutter smash open the first official keg of the week: Brotherly Suds 4.
Wondering how in the world to keep track of everything that's going on for ten days? Click on this link each of the next ten days, then select the date you choose and you'll see a list of the what/when/where of all PBW events for that day. .
- Southern Fried Hippie Hoedown @ Sidecar Bar & Grill June 13, 2013 - Sidecar Bar & Grill, 22 & Christian, Philadelphia
- NEWS RELEASE: Event kicks-off at 3pm and continues until 2am
Meet the men behind Terrapin Beer Company, the Athens-based microbrewer of Terrapin Rye Pale Ale. And as a tribute to the Grateful Dead song that inspired the brewery’s name, cover band Splintered Sunlight will be playing all. night. long.
- Harrisburg Brewers Fest June 15, 2013 - Downtown Harrisburg, Penna.
- Tröegs Brewing Company is teaming up with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Central Pennsylvania to host the 10th annual Harrisburg Brewers Fest. Two sessions will run from 12:00 to 3:30pm and 5:00 to 8:30pm. The ticket price includes unlimited beer samples from up to 50 participating breweries, a sampling mug, and live musical entertainment. There will also be reasonably priced food concessions available. For more details, please click here.
- Pints for Pops @ Victory June 16, 2013 - Victory Brewing Co., 420 Acorn Lane. Downingtown
- FROM VICTORY BREWING: In honor of all dads we will be opening early on Fathers Day. Special Breakfast Menu Additions. All Dads will receive a free pint glass with the purchase of a .5L beer (limit one pint glass per Dad).
Doors open at 10am. Reservations for parties of 8 or more are now being accepted.
- Meet the Nøgne Ø Brewers @ Kraftwork June 17, 2013 - Kraftwork Bar, 541 E. Girard Ave., Philadelphia
- NEWS RELEASE: Drink like a Viking – or at least with one. Meet Kjetil Jikiun in one of his rare U.S. appearances, the towering man behind Nøgne Ø, the Norwegian brewery known for its handcrafted beers and yamahai sake.
- Friday Night Sampling: Edelweiss June 21, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- When the weather's nice, it's time for Weiss. So sayeth Mark and who are we to disagree? That would only upset him and been there, done that, regret that a whole lot. Therefore, will we be pouring Edelweiss Weissbier for your sampling pleasure tonight, 5-7pm.
- Beer vs. Wine Dinner for a Cause @ Spinnerstown Hotel June 21, 2013 - Spinnersetown Hotel, Spinnerstrown
- 7 p.m.-9 p.m.; $85; Wines from King Estates in Oregon and beers from Yards in Philly paired with four courses of food. Portion of proceeds benefit American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network.
- Fourth annual Lansdale Beer Tasting Festival June 22, 2013 - 3rd St. & Richardson Ave., Lansdale
- Over 100 breweries and 200 beers. Live music and local fare. SOLD OUT
- Garden State Craft Brewer's Guild Festival June 22, 2013 - Battleship New Jersey, Delaware Ave., Camden
- The 17th Annual Fest features more breweries than ever--22 at last count-- and the Guild will be hosting a VIP session which will feature a minimum of 12 special cask-conditioned beers, though tickets are limited. $45, $55 to include VIP session. Buy online.
- AHA American Homebrewers Conference June 27, 2013 - June 29, 2013 - Philadelphia Marriot Downstown, 1201 Market St.
- Philadelphia is the host city for the 35th annual conference. The American Homebrewers Association has worked on behalf of the homebrewing community since 1978 and celebrates a membership of more than 34,000 homebrewers and beer enthusiasts.
Attendees will have the chance to enhance their brewing skills through seminars such as “Yeast Culturing 101”, “Practical Malting” and “Alternative Wood Aging Techniques”, while increasing their homebrew knowledge through sessions such as “Beers of our Founding Fathers” and “Biochemistry and the Mash.”
Speakers for the National Homebrewers Conference include Mitch Steele, brewmaster for the Stone Brewing Co. and author of IPA: Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale; Janet Fletcher, author and cheese columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle; and Jamil Zainasheff, owner and brewer, Heretic Brewing Co., and author of Brewing Classic Styles.
Details for registration online.
- Friday Night Sampling: Summit June 28, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- Mark says we ought to post "we reach the Summit tonight" but we told him that was corny. Come and tell him yourself 5-7pm tonight when we will be pouring Saga IPA, Summer, Meridan, Pilsner, Extra Pale Ale and Horizon Red.