Events for May 2013
- Victory BBQ @ Savona/Bar Savona May 01, 2013 - Savona, 100 Old Gulph Rd, Gulph Mills
- FROM AN EMAIL: Join us Wednesday, May 1st for a barbeque on our outdoor terrazzo featuring Victory's Swing Session Saison!
Upon arrival, guests will enjoy golden fried artichokes and a bottle of Swing followed by three courses off the grill. Savona's bar team has created cocktails featuring Victory's Swing to be paired with each course. $65. Seating is very limited...please call 610-520-1200 for reservations.
- PA Flavor Beer & Food Expo May 04, 2013 - Main Hall, PA Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg
- PA Flavor: Beer and Food Expo, presented jointly by the Pennsylvania Brewers Guild, the American Culinary Federation and the Department of Agriculture’s PA Preferred Program, is designed to showcase the many unique beer and food offerings in Pennsylvania. Buy tickets here.
- Annual Sly Fox Bock Fest & Goat Race May 05, 2013 - Sly Brewhouse & Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- The Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race is held on the first Sunday of May every year, rain or shine. It has become one of the Philadelphia region’s favorite beer-focused celebrations, drawing crowds estimated in the 2,500 to 3,000 range to the Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery in Phoenixville in recent years. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
- Nautical Puppies @ FWOT May 08, 2013 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- FROM AN EMAIL: Please join us on Wednesday May 8th to compare and contrast the beers of Flying Fish and Flying Dog. We’ll be pouring some Brewhouse Rarities from Flying Dog along with other favorites and we’ll have some Flying Fish Exit Series and more. As always there will be some tasty treats from the FWOT kitchen to complement the beers.
The Beers so far:Flying Dog:Pumpernickel IPA, Big Black Wit, Gonzo Imperial Porter & Raging Bitch. Flying Fish:Exit 4 (Belgian Tripel), Exit 16 (Imperial IPA) & Farmhouse Summer Ale.Pay As You Go. More info: 6i0.828.6191
- Bocks & Brats @ Johnny Brenda's May 10, 2013 - May 12, 2013 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave., Phila
- Starting Friday at 4pm and going the whole weekend, we'll be devoting 6 of our taps to celebrate the bounty of local Bock bier! The kitchen will be serving up house-made bratwurst and soft pretzels to wash down those Maibocks, Doppelbocks, and Weizenbocks.
Saturday: We'll have an accordian player in house on Saturday from 1-4pm! Sunday: 2013 Champion of the Sly Fox Goat Race, the 3-legged Simon, will be in attendance from 1-4pm. Come out and say hi to this charming fellow!
Bocks on tap: Stoudt's Maibock, Sly Fox Simon Maibock, Ramstein Maibock, Lancaster Rumspringa - Honey Maibock, Victory St Boisterous - Hellerbock, Sly Fox Helles Bock, Victory Moonglow - Weizenbock, Sly Fox Slacker Bock, Sly Fox Hefeweizen Doppelbock, Troegenator - Doppelbock &
Stoudt's Smooth Hoperator - American Doppelbock. (Beers will be available in tasting flights)
Special Menu Additions: Traditional Bratwurst, Venison Bratwurst, Pork Schnitzel & Spaetzle, Soft Pretzels. Pay As You Go. 215.739.9684
- Anchor - The San Francisco Treat (tap takeover) May 10, 2013 - The Grey Lodge
- We'll be tapping a lot of Anchors. Many of these great beers have been around forever, but when's the last time you had one?
Anchor Liberty American Pale Ale
Anchor Zymaster Stout
Anchor 2012 Our Special Ale
- Friday Night Sampling: Shiner May 10, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- This Friday, 5-7pm, we have a special treat. Shiner beers have finally arrived in the Philadelphia market and we will be pouring Shiner Bock, Ruby Redbird & Wilde Hare for your enjoyment. Try not to stand too close to Mark; he sweats a lot and talks to himself when he gets excited.
- Brewfest @ Mount Hope May 11, 2013 - Mount Hope Estate, Manheim, Prnna.
- Two Sessions: 11AM - 3PM & 4:30PM - 8:30PM. From the brewery: "Join us for the 5th annual BrewFest at Mount Hope on the grounds of Mount Hope Estate! Fill your sampling glass with beers from a variety of different breweries from across the country, while enjoying live music and complimentary food! Don't miss out on PA's premier craft brew festival!"
- 3rd Annual Greater Northeast Philadelphia Beer Festival May 11, 2013 - Cannstatter Volkfest Verein 9130 Academy Road Philadelphia, PA 19114
- It's the 3rd year for the best beer event in the country! Get ready for some of the best local bands, great food and most of all a festival of beer from all over the world! 60+ beers will be available to sample from some of your favorite breweries this year. Don’t miss out on drinking and judging some of America’s finest beers and even talking beer with some of the craft beer brewers themselves!
Event Date - May 11, 2013 (1pm-5pm) at the Cannstatter Volkfest Verein (9130 Academy Road Philadelphia, PA 19114)
- MUST BE 21 TO ENTER
- This is an outdoor venue, so come enjoy a few beers under the sun!
- Must show ticket with ID upon entry
- 60+ beers in attendance this year!
- You are guaranteed to get your own Greater NE Philly event tasting glass this year
-The best beer brewers serving you beer & available for questions
- Categories of beer that you, the taster, get to vote on
- Great local bands will be performing throughout the event
featuring "The Bare Knuckle Boxers"
- Great food for sale provided by Cannstatter's
- American Craft Beer Week May 13, 2013 - May 19, 2013 - Nationwide
- Throughout each year, beer weeks that celebrate the culture and community of craft brewers are happening across the US. One can quickly search ‘beer week’ on the Internet to get a multitude of options. The Brewers Association is happy to assemble American Craft Beer Week, the mother of all beer weeks, each May. This celebration, coordinated by the Craft Beer Program, is an exciting opportunity for craft brewers to commemorate their art and tradition with enthusiasts across the country .
- PA Local Brewers Event @ FWOT May 15, 2013 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Kegs will be tapped at Noon, Casks will be tapped at 5:00 PM
8Beers on Tap
3 Casks on the Bar
Our biggest event yet!
Show your love of fresh local craft beer by supporting four rising stars of the Pennsylvania Craft Brewing Scene: Free Will Brewing Co., Full Pint Brewing Co., Lancaster Brewing Co. & Shawnee Craft Brewing Co.
- Pints for Pets 2013 - Western PA May 18, 2013 - Blair County Ballpark, Altoona
- Blair County has it’s very own Brewfest and it has been enjoyed by thousands of people over it’s 5 year history. This Brewfest has received local, regional and even national recognition. Many of it’s attendees travel great distances to attend each year. And all ticket proceeds go directly to the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society which helps over 5,000 animals yearly.
We are pleased to present the 2013 Pints for Pets Brewfest to benefit the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society. The festival will be held on Saturday, May 18, 2013 with Session 1 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm and Session 2 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm at the Blair County Ballpark.
Our unique venue, the beautiful Blair County Ballpark, has it all. The brewfest is held on the mezzanine level of the ballpark. Since the mezzanine is covered we can hold this event rain or shine. And it’s open to the field and the Lakemont Amusement Park so the views are great.
Several local bands are on hand to provide music for everyone’s enjoyment. The Ballpark concession stands are open during the entire brewfest. Even non-beer drinkers love the festive atmosphere and come out to socialize with friends and neighbors.
Thanks to the generosity of our many sponsors who underwrite all of the brewfest costs, we can guaranty that 100% of all ticket proceeds go directly to the Central Pennsylvania Humane Society.
It’s a great day, awesome brews, cool folks and a very worthy cause. What could possibly be better than this wonderful day at the ballpark!
- Annual Wheat Beer Fest & Block Party @SPTR May 18, 2013 - South Philadelphia Tap Room 1509 Mifflin St.,
- SPTR DESCRIPTION: This is South Philadelphia Tap Room’s summer kick-off block party. We'll pour 30+ wheat beers from Abita, Allagash, Bell’s, Philly Brewing, Ommegang, Troegs, Unibroue, Weihenstephaner, and many more. SPTR’s Chef Scott Schroeder will break out the grill for a South Philly-style street BBQ. And it wouldn’t be a party without live music – bands will include the West Philadelphia Orchestra, Robotrippers, Arrah and the Ferns, and Adam and Dave’s Bloodline. Block party starts at noon and admission is free. All Wheaties will be $3 from noon-8pm. All food and beer is pay as you go. More Info: 215.271.7787
- World Whiskey Day @ Teresa's May 18, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- This is a registered world wide event. Philly's own Lew Bryson, managing editor and columnist for Whiskey Advocate, will be here to tutor everyone on the wonderful world of Whiskey. We shall take a liquid tour of the world while imbibing and educating all about the wonders and mysteries of our beloved brown spirit. Six different craft only spirits will be poured along with a special food menu served to attendees. Space is limited so register with us soon.
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers' Festival May 18, 2013 - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 30 E. State St., Media
- This annual event , a local favorite, hosts 25 local breweries showcasing the best craft beer in the region, along with food and live music all day. Tickets available online. Invited breweries include: Appalachian Brewing Company, Bethlehem (Fegley’s) Brew Works, Flying Fish Brewing Company, Lancaster Brewing Company, Old Forge Brewing Company, Prism Brewing Company, Rock Bottom Brewery, Round Guys Brewery, Ship Bottom Brewery, Sly Fox Brewhouse and Eatery, Stewart's Brewing Company, Stoudt's Brewing Company, Tired Hands Brewing Company, Triumph Brewing Company, Troegs Brewery, Twin Lakes Brewing Company, Victory Brewing Company and Weyerbacher Brewing Company.
- Philly Beere Scene Awards Presentation May 22, 2013 - World Cafe Live, Philadelphia
- hilly Beer Scene Awards at World Café Live, Philadelphia, Pa. -
7 p.m-11 p.m.; $75; Very limited seats available to the general public.
- Weyerbacher Night @ Pinocchio's May 23, 2013 - Pinnochio's Beer Garden, 131 E. Baltimore Ave., Media
- Weyerbacher Zulu (sour!), Double Simcoe, Heresy, and more will be on tap. 7-9PM Pay As You Go
- 1st Annual "Mayfair" Block Party May 26, 2013 - Bainbridge St. Barrel House, 625-27 S. 6th St., Phila
- FROM AN EMAIL: Join the Barrel House as we shut down Bainbridge Street 3from 11 AM- 8 PM. We will have a dunk tank, and all sorts of family friendly entertainment.beer will be available out on the street with 24 different beers to choose from outside and there willb e Southern Style Street Food form Our kitchen. Food & Drink will be a flat $5. Live Music.
Brews form Neshaminy Creek, Round Guys, Boulder Beer, Original Sin Cider, Wyders Cider, Old Forge and more.
A portion of the Proceeds will be going to The Morris Animal Refuge as we love this small well run shelter where where the owners of The Barrel House have adopted 2 of their bundles of joy from!
- Table & Tap w/ Wayne Art Center & Beer Yard May 30, 2013 - Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Ave, Wayne
- Our very own Matt Guyer teams with Chef Kim Honig for a
"Table and Tap" evening in THE KITCHEN at the Wayne Art Center. It's a Cooking Class, Beer Pairing and Dinner rolled into one. The meal: Korean pork skewers with spicy kimchee, Cajun shrimp with remoulade, Chinese lettuce wraps with shrimp, Central American corn cakes with slow-roasted chicken and more. And Matt picks the beers. $45 per person. 6:30 - 9pm. For reservations, call 610-688-3553 or visit the website.
- 2-2-2 & Take the Train @ Teresa's (PBW) May 31, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT: Live in the 'burbs? or just know a amazing value when you see one? 2 Beers - 2 Hours - 2 Bucks We did this very successfully last year and we are doing it again. Why not meet all your beer friends here, avoid the Schuylkill, take the train downtown and enjoy PBW throughout the city. Take the Train with a smile after having one 120 Minute IPA and one World Wide Stout from Dogfish Head Brewery. A limit of one each will be imposed due to the high alcohol content, but for $2 who cares? This is a great way to start your favorite week of beer in America's Best Beer Drinking City. Go Philly!