Events for March 2013
- Friday Night Sampling: Founders March 01, 2013 - The Beey Yard
- Join us as we Introduce Founders All Day IPA...ALL DAY LONG.
- Plney the Younger @ City Tap House March 02, 2013 - City Tap House, 39th & Walnut, Phila.
- Pliny the Younger will be tapped at 5pm. $10 for 8oz pour. Willy Wonka Style Golden Tickets go on sale at 4pm. One Ticket per person; First Come, First Served; Must be present to purchase. Also tapping Russian River Consecration, Supplication & Sanctification .
- Philly Craft Beer Festival March 02, 2013 - Phila Naval Yard, Phila
- Back for the 7th year in a row, featuring beers from some of the best craft brewers in the country. Food will be available for purchase during each session. Tickets, breweries, mor3 details online or call 631.940.7290.
- Tröegs Tasty Tuesday @ Teresa's March 05, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- FROM THE WEBSITE: Tröegs brings in the Good Stuff Join Nick from Tröegs brewing when he brings us Nugget Nectar in Casks. We will also be pouring Scratch #82, Scratch #83, 2011 Mad Elf and all the other usual suspects.
- Friday Night Sampling: Founders: Atwater Block March 08, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Atwater Block Vanilla Java Porter and Decadent as we prepare to celebrate the return of Daylight Savings Time. Any excuse, ya know? 5-7pm
- Hopslam % Bell's Tap Takeover @ City Tap House March 08, 2013 - City Tap House, 39th & Walnut, Phila.
- Hopslam tapping at 6pm. As part of this Bell’s Tap Takeover, Also tapping: This One Goes to 11, Best Brown, Hell Hath No Fury, Cherry Stout, Third Coast Ale, Two Hearted Ale and more.
Live Music at 10pm.
- 5th Annual Stout Brunch @ Johnny Brenda's March 09, 2013 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Ave., Phila
- FROM THE WEBSITE: Starts at 11am. Brunch served from 11am-3:30pm. Stouts on tap all day and evening. We will be pouring a wide array of local stouts on draft from dry Irish stouts to oyster stouts to Russian imperial stouts. We will also be specially pouring Dock Street "O'Really?" - a dry stout collaboration brewed at Dock Street with Johnny Brenda's co-owner, William Reed! This dry stout will pour off our nitro tap and is brewed with oats, rye, and a touch of wheat. We will have an awesome Full Irish Breakfast on the menu in addition to our regular brunch menu, plus a Smorgasbord, and an array of delicious oysters! Tasting flights will be available. Pay As You Go.
- River Horse Cask Festival March 09, 2013 - River Horse Brewing Co., Lambertville. NJ
- From River Horse: "Over here at the brewery we like to consider ourselves traditionalists. Now, what's more traditional then cask beer? So we figured we'd go back to our brewing roots, and invite our friends over for a festival celebrating this old-fashioned technique of serving beer.
The tickets cost $12 and with your ticket you will receive your 1st beer and your choice of River Horse glassware - all beers afterwards will cost $5. In addition to pouring our 4 year round offerings and our Spring seasonal, Double Wit, we will also be pouring casks of Tripel Horse aged on Bourbon Oak Chips, Hop-A-Lot-Amus DIPA with grapefruit peel, Hop Hazard Dry Hopped with Citra hops, and Special Ale aged on Vanilla Bean." T-10pm. Tickets available online. More info: 609.397.7776.
- The Brewers Plate March 10, 2013 - National Constitutional Center, Philadelpphia
- More than 70 Local Restaurants, Breweries and Artisanal Producers will gather to promote Sustainable Agriculture when Fair Food, a nonprofit organization uniting local farmers,
business and consumers, presents the 9th annual Brewers Plate. 5:30 - 9pm. Tickets available online. General admission: $70, $630 for groups of ten. VIP: $140 and also available in packs of ten.
- Two Brothers Tasty Tuesday @ Teresa's March 12, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- FROM THE WEBSITE: Two Brothers Brewing is Back with Vengeance. They have been away for far too long. Remember how much you liked Cain and Ebel? Meet Brahm from Two Brothers Brewing and grab a great beer. We will be pouring Cain and Ebel, Domaine DuPage, Northwind Imperial Stout, The Bitter End Pale Ale, Outlaw IPA, Long Haul, Prarie Path and Ebel’s Weiss.
- Friday Night Sampling: Irish Stouts March 15, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- "Sure and begorra" and other Irish cliches will be recited by Mark as we pour Murphy's Irish Stout and Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout. 5-6pm
- St. Patrick's Day Party @ Sly Fox March 17, 2013 - Sly Brewhouse & Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- Some lucky soul who survived the rigorous 10-week Boot Camp drink-a-thon with win a free trip to Ireland tonight in a drawing Phoenixville. Starts at 6pm.
- 3rd Annual Nectar of the Troegs @ FWOT March 20, 2013 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 - 109 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- FROM FWOT WORLD HEADQUARTERS: This is our 3rd annual event with Troegs and once again Nick Johnson will be stopping in to join us. You can count on some great Troegs beers and some tasty treats from the kitchen to complement them. We’ll keep you updated on the draft list Abut here’s what we have so far: Nugget Nectar. Mad Elf 2012. Perpetual IPA. JavaHead Stout. DreamWeaver Wheat. Pay As You Go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Goose Island Vintage Beers March 22, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- Sofie. Matilda. Pepe Nero. Pere Jacques. A quartet of special treats from Goose Island. Pouring just because we can. 5-7pm
- Spring Thaw Brewery Collectibles Show March 22, 2013 - March 23, 2012 - Holiday Inn, New Cumberland, Penna
- The Brewery Collectibles Club of America (BCCA) is teaming up with the East Coast Breweriana Association (ECBA) for the 3-day 2012 Spring Thaw Brewery Collectibles Show . All details online.
- East Vs. West @ Drafting Room Exton March 23, 2013 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- In this corner: Victory K-Bomb. Troegs Nugget Nectar (Firkin). Brooklyn there Will Be Black. Dark Horse Crooked Tree (honorary east coast member). Bell’s Hop Slam (honorary east coast member). Stoudt’s 50*25. Victory White Monkey. Sly Fox Saison Brune.Trubbel de Yards.
And in this corner: Ballast Point Sculpin. Sierra Nevada Narwahl Stout. Great Divide Orabelle Triple. Alesmith IPA. DeProef Fred Collaboration. Boulder Mojo (nitro). Bear Republic Peter Brown Tribute. Green Flash West Coast IPA. The Bruery Sour in the Rye.
Selection will be offered in 5, 10 or 14oz pours. Tap time: Noon. Pay As You Go.
- Bell's Tap Takeover @ The Cambridge March 24, 2013 - The Cambridge, 1508 South St., Phila
- 24 taps of Bell's (including Hopslam) plus the only Firkin of Hopslam available in PA. Guests will be invited to try both and compare. Also, being tapped are Bell's Expedition, Sparkling, Rye, Kalamazoo and many, many more. 4pm until.... Pay As You Go.
- 2013 Craft Brewers Conference March 26, 2013 - March 29, 2013 - Washington, DC
- Over 6,000 beer industry professionals will gather in Washington. DC for 90+ seminars covering everything from technical brewing information to business best-practices to Federal law and tax code compliance. Not open to the general public.
- Friday Night Sampling: Victory Swing Session Saison March 29, 2013 - The Beer Yard
- A new beer from Victory Brewing? This calls for a sampling. Come in and try the new Swing Session Saison, 5-7pm.
- Annual Stone Brunch @ Teresa's March 30, 2013 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- FROM THE WEBSITE: We have been joined by Lee Marren from Stone Brewing for years now and this year will be no different. This year we will be pouring Saison du Buff, Old Guardian, Oak Smoked Old Guardian, Stone IPA, Stone Ruination and Arrogant Bastard.