If you have a beer event or other activity coming up which would be of interest to our audience, please let us know so we can include it on our calendar.
Events for August 2012
- Charlie & The Sausage Factory @The Institute August 04, 2012 - The Institute, 12th & Green St., Philadelphia, Penna.
- Chef Travis Messman will be creating 6 different sausages & traditional German side dishes to go along with it. The Institute staff will also be pairing up 6 various German style beers with them for a total taste indulgence. Rauchbier, Doppelbock, Dunkel Lager, Wheat, Schwarzbier, Pilsner. 2-8pm. Pay As You Go.
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown: The End Is Beer August 04, 2012 - August 05, 2012 - Cooperstown. NY
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown is one of the East Coast''s great beer festivals and this year it is designed as an end of the world party, just in case. Belgium comes to Cooperstown is always host to the best Belgian and Belgian Style beers in the world. You'd love it but you can't go because it's all SOLD OUT.
- Victory Brewing Company Presents: 4th Annual Chester County SPCA BrewBQ August 04, 2012 - Paradise Farm Camps, 1300 Valley Creek Rd., Downingtown
- The Annual Victory BrewBBQ competition benefits the Chester County SPCA. The competition is a two-category BBQ cook-off! Each team will compete to see who can make the best chicken and ribs according to the judges. This year attendees will also be able to taste and vote on the People’s Pork award for the restaurant vendors. Live music and a Victory Beer Garden to boot. General Admission is Free. Noon-4pm
- Big Ass Ballast Point Night @ Side Bar August 07, 2012 - Sie Bar 7 Restaurant 10 E. Gay St., West Chester, Penna.
- Side Bar will have numerous Ballast Point brews on tap, which are rarely found on the East Coast (especially outside in the Philadelphia suburbs). The list, for your drinking pleasure, includes: Calico Amber, Big Eye, Dorado DIPA, Even Keel, Longfin Lager, Bourbon Navigator, Navigator, Piper Down, Bourbon Piper Down, Sculpin IPA, Habenero, Sculpin (8pm Tapping), Yellowtail & Sea Monster.
Representatives from Bella Vista Distributors will be on hand for this event and will have some giveaways from Ballast Point during “Mystery Box” Trivia that starts at 10pm. Pay As You Go.
- Books and Brushes Beef and Beer II August 11, 2012 - Ballroom on High, 310 High St., Pottstown
- This joint fundraiser by the Gallery School of Pottstown and the Pottstown Regional Public Library is back for a second year and features DJ and MC extraordinaire Pete LaRosa, a 50/50 raffle and door prizes. The menu includes hot roast beef sandwiches and salads by local favorite Grumpy's. (Vegetarian wraps will also be available.) The beer is courtesy of Sly Fox and Matt Guyer of the Beer Yard. All proceeds benefit the non-profit Gallery School and your Pottstown Library. There are a limited number of tickets available, so reserve your place at the table today! $20. 6-9pm.
- Grey Lodge's Sweet (& Sour) 16 August 11, 2012 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- From an email sent by Scoats: "16 years! Can you believe it? We have been doing this for a really long time. It's our Sweet 16! Being us we can't just have a regular Sweet 16, it's a Sweet (& Sour) 16!.. with lots of sour beers on tap...we are breaking out some super rare sour beer, which is probably the most extreme beer style. In addition to really amazing sour beers, we will have cake, prizes, and other party type fun. We also will have a greatest hits of canned beers, if you need a break from sours.
Draft Beers:Allagash Vrienden, Dogfish Head Festina Peche, Goose Island Sophie, Ithaca White Gold , Jolly Pumpkin TBA, Petrus Aged Pale Ale, Round Guys Wild Eyes, Stoudts 5025, Vicaris Triple Gueuze & Victory Wild Devil...."
5-10pm. Pay As You Go.
- Bell's Brewery Beer Dinner @ Iron Abbey August 15, 2012 - Iron Abbey, 680 N. Easton Rd, Horsham. Penna.
- Featuring Oberin Ale, Amber Ale, Two-Hearted Ale, Java Stout & a special surprise beer from the brewery. 7pm. $60. Six beers, five plates.
- Susquehanna Brewing Co. @ Hop Angel Brauhaus August 15, 2012 - Hop Angel Brauhaus, 7980 Oxford Ave., Northeast Phila.
- Join the Hop[ Angel gang as thye tap three beers from one of PA's newest breweries, Susquehanna Brewing. Susquehanna is out of Pittston, Penna. and is a large new brewery with a lot of brewing tradition behind them. Hop Angel will be pouring their Pils-Noir, Goldencold Lager, and 6th Generation Stock Ale. Glasses and other give-aways too. 6-9pm
- 3rd Annual Pucker Up Sour Festival @ Devil's Den August 18, 2012 - Devil's Den, 1148 S. 11th Street, Philadelphia
- Noon to Midnight, Pay As You Go. But this is more than a one-day event. From the website:
"Its that time of year again, and we have been collecting the best of the sour, tart, funky and anything that makes your lips picker. We will be pouring a tower of sour all week There will be wild Ales, Guezes, Lambics, fruit Ales, Berliner Weisses, . . . . We went all out for our line up this year so look for the best sours that we could get our hands on. We have the largest selection of sour beers for this event that we decided to pour sours on all 17 draft lines on Saturday, August 18th, then we will devote a draft tower (8 lines) to sour beers the rest of the week. As of today we have 38 sour kegs in our cellar & 40 bottles - We will update the list as more arrive."
- Friday Night Sampling: Founders August 24, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- You know the drill. 5-7pm we pour samples the great beers from this amazing popular brewery while Mark plays your favorites on his accordion. More fun than you ever had or deserve.
- 21st Annual Stoudt's Microbrew Festival August 25, 2012 - Stoudt's, Route 272 2800 N. Reading Rd., Adamstown Pa
- AFTERNOON session: 12 -4 PM with music by the Daisy Jug Band; EVENING session: 6-10 PM with music by the Daisy Jug Band. Breweries attending: Yards, Victory, Avery, Evil Genius. Appalachian, Sam Adams, Troegs · Erie, Fegley's Brew Works. 3 Guys and a Beer'd,Breaker Brewing, Burley Oak Brewing, Susquehanna & Boxcar. Tickets can be purchased online.
- Neshaminy Crrek Brewing @ Hop Angel August 30, 2012 - Hop Angel Brauhaus, 7980 Oxford Ave., Northeast Phila.
- 6pm - 9pm Beers from Neshaminy Creek Brewing, a very new brewery out of Bucks County. They plan on making a lot of German style beer and Pilsner will be featured tonight. Glassware and other give-aways as well, Pay As You Go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Tröegs August 31, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- In preparation for tomorrow's big SPCA Benefit in front of the store (check it out on our calendar) and just because we can, we will be pouring Tröegs samples from 5-7pm.
- Second Annual Portand (Maine) Brew Festival August 31, 2012 - September 01, 2012 - Portland Company Complex, 58 Fore St., Portland
- Designed for beer, ale, mead and cider lovers of all levels, the festival will spotlight established and up-and-coming breweries throughout New England. More than 30 beer producers, including local favorites Gritty McDuff’s, Allagash, Kennebec Ciders and D.L. Geary Brewing, have already signed on alongside regional standouts Clown Shoes and Harpoon from Massachusetts, Moonlight Meadery and Woodstock Inn Station and Brewery from New Hampshire, and Magic Hat, Long Trail and White Birch from Vermont.
The event will feature traditional scheduled sessions, each with a limited admission. The first session is scheduled for Friday, August 31, 5:30 – 9 p.m.; additional sessions are scheduled for Saturday, September 1, from 12-4 p.m. and 5:30-9 p.m. More details and tickets online.