Events for January 2012
- Winter Beer NIght @ Barcade Philadelphia January 05, 2012 - Barcade, 1114 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia
- Starts at 4PM. Get the details on the Barcade website or call more information: 215.634.4400
- Cigar City Firkinganza @ Hulmeville Inn January 08, 2012 - Hulmeville Inn, 4 Trenton Rd., Hulmeville, PA
- Five firkins pouring from the respected Florida brewery: Vanilla Maduro Brown, Jai Alai IPA, Cubano Espresso, Humidor Jai Alai, and Maduro Brown. Starts at 10AM. Pay As You Go.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Suds: Beer + Chocolate Night @ Victory January 09, 2012 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- An evening of deliciousness. We'll be pairing chocolates from Eclat with Victory beer. Dana from Eclat is working with Victory brewer Whitney Thompson to create the delectable pairings. Four different Eclat chocolates paired with Victory beer guided by explanations from the experts. 6-9PM. Tickets and more information at the Victory website.
- Sly Fox Beer Dinner @ The Farmhouse January 12, 2012 - The Farmhouse, Emmaus, PA
- Executive chef Javan Small and sous chef Dan Cote have designed a delicious menu to complement all the flavors of five different outstanding Sly Fox beers and one specialty surprise brew. Five courses, six beers. $66 includes tax, gratuity, and a gift. Reservations 610-935-4540.
- Trout Unlimited Charity Buffet Dinner @ Victory January 12, 2012 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- Support the conservation of Chester County streams by joining the Valley Forge Chapter of Trout Unlimited for a buffet dinner at Victory Brewpub. Buy tickets at the door starting at 6:30 PM. $18 for adults. $12 for kids 12 and under. Many prizes will be available from our bucket raffles. All proceeds go to support the preservation of local streams.
- Friday Night Sampling: Sierra Nevada January 13, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Celebration, Torpedo Extra IPA, Stout and the brand new Ruthless Rye IPA from 5-7pm for your tasting pleasure. Mark will be signing autographs.
- Friday the Firkinteenth January 13, 2012 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Philly's famed beer event which is determined by the calendar (there will be three of them this year). If you've never been, go; if you have been, you probably are going. Kicks off at noon, seven beers on the bartop all the time (as one kicks, another goes on), 25 or more beers during the day, Pay As You Go.
- Rt. 113 Day @ Sly Fox January 13, 2012 - Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- Two special $1.13 pricing opportunities celebrating the brewery's popular Rt. 113 IPA: At 1:13pm, anyone in the pub can purchase a pint of Rt. 113 IPA for $1.13; at 5pm. a firkin of Rt. 113 IPA will be tapped on the bar and you can buy a 10oz pour until the keg kicks.
1/13 will also mark the debut of a just completed video celebrating Pottstown, the new home of Sly Fox Brewery.
For more information: 610.935.4540
- Tasty Tuesday Tired Hands @ Teresa's January 17, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A special tapping tonight of an exceedingly floral dark rye Saison from Tired Hands Brewing Co. (opening soon in Ardmore) cleverly named "Do Saisons Dream of Electric Yeast?" This beer was brewed with dark rye malt, wildflower honey, roses, chamomile, and hibiscus flower in collaboration with Grassroots in Denmark. Tired Hands founder Jean Broillet IV will be in the house.
- Special Sierra Nevada Event @ London Grill January 17, 2012 - London Grill, 2301 Fairmoutn Ave., Philadelphia
- This will mark the release of Exportation, the barrel-aged (at Russian River) version of Exporter, brewed by a motley group of Philadelphia publicans and assorted hangers-on at a 2010 Sierra Nevada Beer Camp. Three SN Ovila beers will also be featured and the whole evening will be a final goodbye to former local SN sales rep Patrick Mullin, who has deserted to Sly Fox. Starts at 7pm, Pay As You Go.
- Dr. Joel Ave Atque Vale @ Craft Ale House January 19, 2012 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- A farewell event for one of the nicest guys in the beer biz., Dr. Joel Armato from New Holland Brewery. Many New Holland beers on draft, and Dr. Joel will be spinning some old school vinyl! Beers will go on around 6:00 and music begins around 8:30
- Friday NIght Sampling: Sam Adams January 20, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- Come and join us between 5-7 pm. We will be featuring a preview of the brand new Alpine Spring Ale. And Mark too, of course.
- Annual Robbie Burns Birthday Bash January 20, 2012 - Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- Gang Aft Agley Scotch Ale and Burns Scottish Ale will be pouring, the bagpipes will be piping and the arrival of the Haggis (6:30pm) will be marked by Ian Turnbull's reading of Burns' Ode to a Haggis. Celtic Spirit will play music throughout the evening. Everyone who attends wearing a kilt will get a free pint and be part of a judging of the best Kilt attire, male and female, with first, second and third place prizes. 6-11pm More information: 610.935.4540
- Big Ass Beer Fest January 21, 2012 - Club Polaris, 9th & Spring Garden, Phila.
- This Beer festival is dedicated to bringing the very best of all the big ass beers and barleywines for a small price. 60 or more brews ranging from imperial porters and stouts, double IPAs, barleywines and many more. $45 gets you in the door to sample all you want the whole session. If you like high ABV beers you'll love this fest. Most beers will be over 8% alcohol by volume, but we will have a few that are just too interesting to not have at a beer fest. More details online.
- The Trouble with Trippels @ Johnny Brenda's January 21, 2012 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- It's baaaaack! The Trouble with Trippels returns for the third year with these brews on tap: Victory Golden Monkey. Sly Fox Incubus. Stoudt's Abbey Tripel. Weyerbacher Merry Monks. Dock Street Prisoner of Hell, Flying Fish Exit 4-American Tripel. Allagash Tripel & Flying Fish Grand Cru. In addition to the regular menu, the kitchen will be serving up some special fare. Tunes will be provided by DJ Student Driver, spinning moog, krautrock, cosmic library, space-funk, psych from noon-4. Event starts at 10am and goes into the night, Pay As You Go.
- Friday NIght Sampling: Leffe January 27, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- Leffe Blonde and Brune will be pouring, 5-7 pm. Need we say more?
- Belgium Comes to West Chester (Iron HIll) January 28, 2012 - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 3 W Gay St., West Chester
- The annual Belgium Comes to West Chester event is one of the region's best. 12 oz. beers and samplers will be offered from more than 20 participating breweries. Beers from most of the other Iron Hill locations as well. And it's All Belgian, All The Time.
Guest beers and breweries will include: Brett Fermented Eight-Point IPA from Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company; Raison D’Etre from Dogfish Head; Biere Sucree from Earth Bread & Brewery; Exit 4 Hoppy Tripel from Flying Fish; Rodney’s Solera from Harpoon; Wholly Trinity Tripel from Inn at Turkey Hill; St. Alpha Belgian IPA from Manayunk Brewing Company;
Blue Sunday from New Holland Brewing; O-Tay from Nodding Head; Ommegeddon from Brewery Ommegang; Saison de Chief from The Peekskill Brewery; Wild Walt Wit from Philadelphia Brewing Company;
Saison Brune from Sly Fox Brewing Company; Grand Cru from Southampton Public House; Cosmic Monster from Springhouse Brewing Company; Stumblin’ Monk from Stewart’s Brewing Company; Dubbel from Stoudt’s Brewing Company; Unnamed Belgian from Troegs; Golden Monkey from Victory Brewing Company; Verboten from Weyerbacher; and Yardbird from Yards Brewing Company.
All beers will range from $6.50 per 12 oz. The fun starts @1pm. Pay As You Go. 610. 738.9600 for more information.
- Holy Hops! @ Teresa's January 28, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- From the TND website: "We will be pouring Blind Pig, Pliny the Elder, Founders Double Trouble and Hopslam all at the same time and in one place!"
- Shelton Bros. Tap Takeover @ TJ's January 28, 2012 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Join Kevin Brooks of The Shelton Brothers Importers as they take over all of TJ's taps. All day (apparently). Pay As You Go. Use link to be wow-ed by all the beers.
- Beef & Beer @ South PhillyTap Room January 29, 2012 - South Philadelphia Tap Room,1509 Mifflin St., Philadelphia
- A gourmet beef buffet with firkins of Sixpoint Vienna Pale Ale, Dogfish Head 75-Minute, Sly Fox Chester County Brown, Sly Fox Rt. 113 IPA, , Dock Street Rye IPA, Manayunk California Dreamin', PBC Newbold, PBC Kilty Pleasure, Weyerbacher Hops Infusion &Victory Smokin' Oats Porter, plus a sixtel of Tröegs Scratch 55) 4-8pm $50
- A Beer Four All Seasons @ Four Seasons January 30, 2012 - Four Seasons, One Logan Square, Phila.
- The release of Truffled Old Ale, a collaboration brew with The Four Seasons brewed at Dock Street. $16 per 750mL bottle on this night only…plus $8 commemorative glass) 6-8pm Pay As You Go. More details online.
- Terroir des Tettnangs - Horizontal Beer Tasting & Dinner @ Victory January 31, 2012 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- A once-in-a-lifetime event! Victory has brewed six different batches of Braumeister Pils using different lots of Tettnang hops. How selective is your palate? Find out at this fun and educational beer dinner. Enjoy a short presentation from Brewmaster Ron Barchet about the history of Tettnang hops and Victory's use of the noble hops. Taste each of the six different batches and see if you can pick out the subtle differences. 6-9PM. Tickets and more information available online.