Events for April 2011
- Friday Night Sampling: Rogue April 01, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- Tonight, 5-7pm. we will be pouring Dead Guy Ale, American Amber Ale, Mocha Porter & St. Rogue Red. Mark will do his imitation of a rogue, which is to say, he'll be just like always.
- Yoga & Tutored Tasting @ Dock Street April 03, 2011
- Dock Street Brewery and Restaurant will host a 75-minute all levels yoga session with Justicia Friese followed by a tutored tasting with Dock Street Rosemarie Certo in the brewery. . Purchase tickets online: $25 until March 27th and $35 after. Starts at 1pm
- Tuesday Tapping @ Teresa's April 05, 2011 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A series of special kegs will be tapped at 11:30am on Tuesdays to celebrate TND's new daily lunch hours. Today: Russian River Blind Pig & Pliny the Elder; Ballast Point Sculpin.
- Intro to Sour Beers with Nicole Erny @ Hulmeville Inn April 05, 2011 - Humleville Inn, 4 Trenton Rd., Langhorne, PA
- Nicole will walk the class through how sour beers are produced as the class sips on various sour beers from Belgium. Some styles of beers the class will touch on are Flemish Red, Lambic, and Gueuze. $38. 7:30-9:30pm. .
- Loca’licious @ Victory April 05, 2011 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- This event will include: Birchrun Hills Farm, Conebella Farm, Yellow Springs Farm, Shellbark Hollow Farm, September Farm, Black Walnut Winery, Paradocx Winery, & Chaddsford Winery along with Victory beers and complimentary samples of Iron Hill beer. Cheesemakers will also be selling goods to go. This event supports the Pennsylvania Restaurant Association Brandywine Chapter with a portion of proceeds being contributed. $35. 6-8pm. Buy tickets online.
- Meet the Brewer (Gouden Carolous) @ Spinnerstown April 06, 2011 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Wetten Importers will be in the house with the beers of Gouden Carolous: Ambrio Amber Ale, Cuvee Van De Keizer Rood/Red, Easter Ale and Tripel. The food: Roasted Celery Root Soup with Truffle Oil; Ostrich, Bacon & Bleu Cheese Stuffed Potato Skins with Horseradish Sauce; Goat Cheese & Vegetable Stuffed Peppers with Fresh Roasted Tomato Sauce & Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding. 7pm. $55. Call for Reservations: 215.536.7242
- Friday Night Sampling: Stoudt's April 08, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- Stoudt's Brewing will be in the house, 5-7. The good news is that this means we will be pouring a selection of their beers for your tasting enjoyment. Life doesn't get much better than free beer.
- Local Brewery Tap Takeover @ Drafting Room April 09, 2011 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- To celebrate its ranking as the #24th best Beer Restaurant in the US by ratebeer.com, the Drafting Room will feature all local beers:
Manayunk California Dreamin', Troegs Razz-ma-dizzle, Earth Bread + Brewery Big G, Iron Hill Rye IPA, Brew Works Monkey Wrench, Prism Flying Magic Zebras, Penn Chocolate Melt Down, Victory Braumeister Pils Tettnang, Weyerbacher Oskar, Rock Bottom Amarillo IPA, Sly Fox TBA & Nodding Head Grog.
Taps open at Noon. Pay As You Go.
- PA Flavor! April 09, 2011 - Main Hall, PA Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg
- A celebration of food & beer featuring Pennsylvania breweries (more than 20 already confirmed), food producers and restaurants. 1-5pm $40 advance, $50 at door.
- Tuesday Tapping @ Teresa's April 12, 2011 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A series of special kegs will be tapped at 11:30am on Tuesdays to celebrate TND's new daily lunch hours. Today: Firestone Walker Release Party with Brewery reps on hand.
- Friday Night Sampling: Erie April 15, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- Erie is so far away you almost think it's in another state. Seriously, we hear Lew Bryson had to be paid extra to go out there so in could include it in his Pennsylvania Breweries guide (which we have for sale, by the way). You really need to show up here 5-7 tonight and drink some of the fine beers form Erie Brewing or you might believe the whole city is by a myth. Remember when we all had to clap hands and say we believed in Mark? This is the same idea, only with free beer.
- Iron Hill Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Benefit April 15, 2011 - All Iron Hill Locations
- JOIN IRON HILL BREWERY & RESTAURANT FOR A PINT OF RISING SUN IPA TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY THE EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI IN THE PACIFIC
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, will donate all proceeds from the sale of their popular Rising Sun IPA to the victims of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the Pacific. The beer, brewed with 100% Japanese Sorachi Ace hops, will be available on draught at all eight Iron Hill locations throughout the region beginning at 5 p.m., and 100% of sales will go directly to support American Red Cross disaster relief efforts.
- B United @ TJ's April 16, 2011 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Join Brendan from B. United for a great list of beers from the B. United International Portfolio. Noon - 10pm. Pay As You Go. The beers:
Birra del Borgo Duchessa, Birrificio del Ducato Verdi Imperial Stout, Birrifico del Ducato Nuova Mattina, De Rulles Cuvee Meilleurs Voeux, Hofstetten Heller Bock "Saphir," Glazen Toren Jan De Lichte, Glazen Toren Ondineke, Glazen Toren Saison d’Erpe-Mere "Speciaal Eindejaar," Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock, Leipziger Gose, Ola Dubh 18 Year Old, Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale, Sinebrychoff Porter, Aventinus Eisbock, Schneider Organic Wiesen Edel-Weisse, Schneider Weisse, Reissdorf Koelsch, Uerige Doppelsticke, Thornbridge Jaipur, Kipling South Pacific Pale Ale, Harviestoun Old Engine Oil, BFM La Meule & Smisje Vuuve.
- B United @ Tria April 19, 2011 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- If you’ve enjoyed Schneider-Weiss, or any of the beers from De Dolle or Hitachino Nest, you should know Matthias Neidhart. He is the man behind B. United International, the über-cool importer of beer, mead, cider and sake. Matthias scours the planet for surprising, unusual and delicious fermentations. Tria has always been a huge B. United fan! For this class, we’ll be treated to exotic beers that are so scarce, they will likely never be registered for sale in the Keystone State. Features include De Dolle Special Browsel, Smisje Catherine the Great (made with wild cherries from the brewer’s back yard) and Hochland Imker Champagne Mead. Don’t miss your chance to taste these rare finds. Your beer geek friends will be so jealous. 6:30-8pm. SOLD OUT Register online for waiting list.
- Tuesday Tapping @ Teresa's April 19, 2011 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A series of special kegs will be tapped at 11:30am on Tuesdays to celebrate TND's new daily lunch hours. Today: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
- Evil Twin Brewing Debut @ Frmers Cabinet April 19, 2011 - The Farmers Cabinet, 1113 Walnut St., Phila.
- Denmark's Evin Twin Brewing and Brewer Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø will be on hand to debut the beers, accompanied by 2% Imports' Brian Ewing. Flights and single pours of five Evil Twin beers: Before, During, & After Christmas (8% Imperial IPA); Soft DK (10% Vanilla Imperial Stout); Yin (10% Imperial Stout); Yang (10% Imperial IPA); and Disco Beer (10.5% IPA and Chardonnay Blend, bottled). Executive Chef Peter Felton will create an optional tasting menu to compliment the beers, in addition to the a la carte menu. things get started at 7pm.
- Friday Night Sampling: Lagunitas April 22, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- You can be sure there will be a little Sumpin' Sumpin' going on when Lagunitas is in the house....and, no, we're not talking about that "thing" that Mark does during most of our tastings. Come by, 5-7pm, and see what's happenin'.
- Split Thy Skull April 23, 2011 - Sugar Mom's Church St. Lounge, 225 Church St., Phila.
- Annual Barleywine blowout. Details to come.
- StationTaproom 1st Anniversary Party April 23, 2011 - Station Tap Room, 207 W. Lancaster Ave., Downingtown
- Party starts at Noon. Pay As You Go. Special food items and these beers on tap: Pliney the Elder, Brasserie dieu de Ciel Peche Mortel. Beers from Jolly Pumpkin. Port Older Viscosity. Rodenbach Vintage 2008, Bells Hopslam, Ithaca White Gold, Allagash Vrienden. Russian River Consecration & more.
- "From Hops to Table: The Science of Beer" @ Yards April 23, 2011 - Yards Brewery, 901 N. Delaware Ave., Philadelphia
- The Yards guys will be joined by scientists from Monell Chemical Senses Center for this experimental evening. The event has three components:
A special tutored session on sensory analysis courtesy of the experts at Monell
An experimental demonstration of the brewing process with the brewers from Yards
An informal discussion on the science and history of brewing with Tom Kehoe
Each component has its own start time so you can rotate and participate as you like.You might learn something. At the very least, you'll get to sample Yards special Science Festival beer. It's a Belgian, and it needs a name.
Tickets are $20 per person. Must be 21 or older. Starts at 7pm. Buy tickets online (use the link).
Click here to buy tickets.
- Tuesday Tapping @ Teresa's April 26, 2011 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A series of special kegs will be tapped at 11:30am on Tuesdays to celebrate TND's new daily lunch hours. Today:
TND's final Troegs Nugget Nectar Firkin will be tapped on the bar.
- Friday Night Sampling: Yards April 29, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- What could be more exciting that the opportunity to to sample the 2011 Saison and other goodies from Yards Brewing from 5-7pm tonight? How about doing so while chatting up the brewery's legendary founder, Tom Kehoe? Yes, Mr. Kehoe will be here tonight for a rare appearance in the 'burbs. Less rare is the appearance of Mark, but you already knew that.
- 13th Annual Beer Extravaganza at Manayunk Brewery April 30, 2011 - Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant, 4120 Main St., Manayunk
- Two dozen breweries and over 50 craft beers all outside on the banks of the Schuylkill River. $45. 1-5pm. Tickets and details online.
- Shad Fest @ River Horse April 30, 2011 - May 01, 2011 - River Horse Brewery, Lambertville, NJ
- Noon-5pm both days. Pay as you go, rain or shine. Proceeds benefit charity. More details to come.
- 4th Annual Battle of the Brewery Bands @ Stoudt's April 30, 2011 - Stoudt's, Route 272 2800 N. Reading Rd., Adamstown Pa
- Stoudt’s Brewing Company's our fourth annual “Battle of the Brewery Bands” will add to the $20,000.00 araised nd donated it to charities such as: Hospice of Lancaster, The Greenbelt Association, and The Wounded Warrior Project the previous three years. Each of the brewery bands will play to win the “Golden Keg” and they will also receive 50% of the proceeds going towards their charity. Second place will receive 20%, and the remainder will be divided among the rest of the breweries for their charities. They will be judged by creativity, originality, and their musical talent. This event allows everyone to experience the different varieties of brews, to give back to the community, and to have a great time.
This year’s participating breweries are: Lancaster Homebrew Supply, Lancaster Brewing Company, Stoudt’s Brewing Company, Union Barrel Works, and Victory Brewing Company. The chosen charities are: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Schreiber Pediatric, Relay for Life, and The Wounded Warrior Project.
6-10 p.m. at Stoudt’s Bier Garten. Tickets are $30.00, which includes food, beers, and music. You must be 21+ to attend. Purchase online.
- Firkins For Our Furry Friends April 30, 2011 - Khyber Pass Pub, 56 S. 2 St., Philadelphia
- This second annual fundraiser commences at Noon. It event features an array of cask conditioned bartop kegs of quality craft brews. "$20 at the door gets you a bottomless cup of delicious beers donated by our friends at Yards, Philadelphia Brewing, Sly Fox, Sixpoint and more. Last year we raised over $700 - during the worst blizzard Philly has seen in a decade."
All proceeds go to P.A.W.S. (Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society) to help them in their efforts to save Philadelphia’s homeless, abandoned, and unwanted animals. For more info: 215.238.5888