Events for February 2011
- Groundhog Day Hawaiian Shirt Beer Breakfast and Lucky Cat Day Beer Prognostication February 02, 2011 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Featured beers: Flying Fish Exit 13, Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders KBS, Russian River Concecration, Sierra Nevada Grand Cru, Sierra Nevada Jack and Kens, Sly Fox TBA, Troegs Nugget Nectar (cask), Yards TBA. Doors open at 7am for what is the whackiest beer event in this or any other year in this or any other pub in this or any other city. Click on the link above (green arrow in circle) for all the gruesome details. Pay As You Go.
- The Karma Factor @ the Humleville Inn February 05, 2011 - Humleville Inn, 4 Trenton Rd., Langhorne, PA
- Yards Brewing Company first-ever homebrewing competition. To sign up to clone one of Yards' eight year-round beers, email Steve Mashington at email@example.com . Choose from Philly Pale, IPA, ESA, Brawler, Love Stout, Poor Richards Spruce, General Washington Porter or Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale, name your beer and your venue (see next sentence) and craft your entry as close to the original as you can get it. You bring your batch to one of two tastings: Hulmeville Inn on February 5, City Tap House on February 12. Bottled or kegged, it’s your call. (If you choose keg, you’ll need to bring your own tap, though.) Representatives from Yards, City Tap House, and Hulmeville Inn will get all judgmental on your beer.
The winning team from each venue advances to the grand finale tasting at Yards on March 12. One lucky winner will get a day of brewing with Tom Kehoe and the Yards Team. The beer will be released at Philly Beer Week’s Opening Tap Ceremony (this is a big deal) and a few days later at City Tap House and Hulmeville. Your attendance is expected at all the events.
Teams of two only. (It’s about collaboration, remember.) $5 entry fee per team due at your tasting 3rd place at each venue wins a case of Yards and a Yards t-shirt. 2nd place at each venue wins a case of Yards, a Yards t-shirt, 2 Yards pint glasses and a Yards hat. 1st place at each venue wins $75 cash, gift certificates for City Tap House, Hulmeville Inn and Yards, a case of Yards, a Yards t-shirt, 2 passes to Smoke ‘Em If Yous Got ‘Em and 2 passes to the Yards Philadelphia Real Ale Invitational. Grand Prize Winning Team gets to create a collaborative beer with Yards Brewing Company, take home a half keg of said beer, 2 passes to Philly Beer Week Opening Tap, 2 tickets to a Phillies game with Tom Kehoe and some other awesome but random prizes donated by homebrew stores and stuff.
See link above (green circle) for more details.
- Groung Hog Day @ Craft Ale House February 09, 2011 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- Whether Punxsutawney Phil declares that there’s six more weeks of winter, or not, Craft Ale House will host their first-ever Dogfish Head event (titled Ground-Dog Day) 6-9pm. Tthe following beers are slated to be poured a-plenty on Groundhog Day: 60 Minute IPA, 75 Minute IPA (firkin), 90 Minute IPA, 120 Minute IPA ’09, Red & White, Black & Blue, Sahtea, Theobroma, Midas Touch, Indian Brown Ale, Worldwide Stout & Raison D’Etre being poured through Randall the Enamel Animal.
Wendy, Craft Ale House’s Dogfish Head rep, will be showing up to do some giveaways sometime around 6 pm,. They say, if she comes in and sees her shadow, Craft Ale will have 6 more hours of partying (let’s hope she does)!
- Chocolate & Beer Paring at Iron Hill Lancaster February 09, 2011 - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 781 Harrisubrg Pike,Lancaster
- Head brewer Paul Rutherford and beer and chocolate lover Greg Orth will host a fun and delicious night which will feature world-class chocolates paired with Iron Hill’s award-winning beers for $25 per person, including tax and gratuity. The pairing event is limited to 30 guests, so reservations are required (see website).
- British Invasion @ Iron Hill Phoenixville February 12, 2011 - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 130 E. Bridge St., Phoenixville
- Eight English–style beers, all made in Phoenixville will be on tap in addition to the house beers and current seasonals. The chef has also prepared a full special menu of English-style cuisine for the day, and English music will be playing all day. Noon-7pm. Pay As You Go.
- Valentine's Day Cider Dinner @ Fork & Barrel February 14, 2011 - Fork and Barrel, 4312 Ridge Ave., Philadelphia
- Fork & Barrel has been waiting for the best opportunity to debut its cider list. The day has come: A Valentine's Day dinner with a multiple course meal paired with delicious ciders. 4 courses; 4 brilliant ciders. $55 per person. Limited Seating - Reservations Required. 215.848.1990
- Tasty Tuesday Troegs Tap Takeover @ Teresa's February 15, 2011 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- At least 15 Troegs beers on tap at one time, plus a gravity poured, very fresh firkin of Nugget Nectar on the bar. Firkins of Scratch 39 and Scratch 40 on the handpump, Scratch 37, Scratch 38, Scratch 41, Scratch 42 (if it is ready in time), Flying Mouflan, Mad Elf, Nugget Nectar, Hopback Amber, Troegenator, Java Head and Dreamweaver Wheat will be on.
. Pay As You Go (and please be nice to Nick, who will be all excited because this event means that Troegs will thus regain the most beers on tap ever at TND gold medal).
- Victory Brewing 15th Anniversary Celebration @ Resurrection Ale House February 16, 2011 - Resurrrection Ale House, 2425 Grays Ferry Ave., Phila.
- In addition to gads of Victory favorites on draft starting at 6pm, Resurrection Ale House will be pouring the first taste of Victory's newest full-time brand, Headwaters Pale Ale. The celebration draft list includes Helios Ale, V Twelve, Baltic Thunder, St. Victorious, Victory Lager, Hop Wallop on cask, and more. Expect an extra special firkin pouring off the edge of the bar. 6-10om Pay As You Go.
- Beer vs. Wine Dinner @ Iron Abbey February 16, 2011 - Iron Abbey, 680 N. Easton Rd., Horsham, PA
- A vertical pairing dinner. Five wines, five beers, one cordial,. 7-9pm. $60.
- Friday Night Sampling: Victory Headwaters Pale Ale February 18, 2011 - The Beer Yard
- Stop by and be among the first to taste Victory's just-released new beer which will be available year-round. 5-7pm. Remember when Mark was new and just-released? Those were the days.
- Friendfest 2011 (Beer & Wine Event) February 19, 2011 - Beltzner Hall. Kutztown Fairgrounds, Kutztown, PA
- Two sessions, 2-5 & 6-9pm.$35 in advance/ $50 at the door/$10 Designated Driver. An estimated 20 brewers and 20 wineries will showcase their awesome brews and fabulous wines. Join friends, family, co-workers and neighbors for live music from The Wallace Brothers Band and featuring Frog Holler! Free food, sample glasses, and a program are included in your ticket price—and great fun is guaranteed! For more information, contact Erica at (610) 683-9011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Victory 15th Anniversary Beer Dinner @ Side Bar February 23, 2011 - Side Bar, 10 E. Gay St.,West Chester, PA
- Begins at 6:45pm with a complimentary brew, followed by a six-course dinner (small plates) and a possible surprise 7th. $50. 6:45-8:45pm. Reservations.610.429.8297.
- Beer Schooled: USA vs Belgium @ Hulmeville Inn February 24, 2011 - Humleville Inn, 4 Trenton Rd., Langhorne, PA
- In this beer tasting class, students will taste some of the different Belgian beer styles and compare them to similar styled craft beers made in the USA. The class will touch on outlining the different Belgian beer styles as well as provide info about the breweries and brewers. 7-9pm. Tickets online.
- The The HeadHouse Grand Re-Opening Weekend February 25, 2011 - February 27, 2011 - The HeadHouse, 122 Lombard St., Philadelphia
- Friday, Feb. 25- 6pm-8pm $25 Open Draft Only Bar; 8pm-10pm $1 Off Craft Happy Hour. Sign in sheet at the door for a 20% Email Coupon for future use. Two $50 Gift Cards will be given away. Discounted Bar Menu, discounted Bottles and Take-Out.
Saturday and Sunday February 26-27 5pm-7pm $1 Off Craft Happy Hour Sign in sheet at the door for a 20% Email Coupon for future use. Discounted Bar Menu,, discounted Bottles and Take-Out.
- Winterfest @ Stoudt's February 26, 2011 - Stoudt's, Route 272 2800 N, Reading Rd., Adamstown Pa
- Taste winter warmers from various breweries, great food, and live music by "The Octavia Blues Band." octaviablues. Breweries attending will be featuring specialty aged beers. Stoudt Brewing Co, Long Trail, Pretty Things, Troegs,Lancaster Brewing Co., Sam Adams/Boston Beer Co., 21stAmendment, Arcadia Brewing Co., Victory Brewing Co., Uinta Brewing Co., Smuttynose Brewing Co., and Union Barrel Works. 7-11pm $35. Tickets and more info: 717.484.4386.
- Wood? ver. 2.0 @ Union Jack's February 26, 2011 - Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny, 546 Manatawmy Rd/, Oley, PA
- A Barrel-Aged Fest featuring Avery Rumpkin, Founders Nemesis, Laughing Dog The Dogfather (bourbon barrel)
& Philadelphia Shackamaximum, with more to be added.
12:30 -12:30am. Pay As You Go. More info: 610.689.0189
- Beats, Brews, and BBQ @ World Café Live February 26, 2011 - World Café Live, 3025 Walnut St., Philadelphia
- SOLD OUT! Beats, Brews & BBQ, will give attendees the opportunity to sample the offerings of about 30 local and regional breweries. Escape the weariness of winter for an entire Saturday afternoon, strolling from booth to booth, educating your palate to the nuances of the brewers' art, while dining on well-paired savory offerings. All the while, you'll enjoy live music by Bob Lowery to add to the festive atmosphere. At the end of the evening, bring home a souvenir complimentary 6 oz. World Cafe Live logo pilsner glass provided for your sampling pleasure!
- 9th Annual Chili Challenge @ Victory February 27, 2011 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- Chili Challenge will showcase the culinary skills of Victory's creative staff from brewers to sales team to waitstaff. Chilis will be judged by a guest judges and also by attendees. Your vote will help select the winner of the People's Pepper. A variety of chilis will be offered for free sampling, and of course plenty of Victory beers will be flowing. Noon-3pm. Go early to be able to taste all the chilis and cast your vote for the People's Pepper. Voting will end at 2:30p.