Events for July 2010
- Friday Night Sampling: Bell's July 02, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- Oberon, the perfect wheat beer for summer. Two Hearted, the perfect hop bomb for any season. Both from Bell's Brewing, both pouring tonight 5-7pm. Plus Mark in an Uncle Sam costume. Such fun.
- Friday Night Sampling: Avery July 09, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- One of our favorite Colorado Breweries will be featured from 5-7pm. Beers pouring: IPA, White Rascal Witbier, Karma Belgian Pale Ale & Out of Bounds Stout. Mark will ask every third person showing up "hot enough for you?" until somebody screams.
- Royal Stumble @ Nodding Head July 10, 2010 - Nodding Head, 1516 Sansom St., Philaldelphia
- Brewers all bring a 1/2 barrel of beer, the first brewery to empty its barrel wins. The theme will be "It's Always Sunny at the Royal Stumble" playing off the sitcom. Tickets go on sale June 1.
- Victory Beer & Grilling Dinner @ Avalon Restaurant July 13, 2010 - Avalon, 312 S. High St., West Chester, PA
- Brewmaster Bill Covaleski will match each course with a Victory Beer. He’ll be on-hand to discuss each pairing on a 4-course menu: Tomato & Grilled Fennel Soup with Sweet Vidalia Onion Gelato paired with Victory Helios Ale; Country Duck Pate, Arugula Salad, Caponata, Gherkins paired with Victory Crostini St. Victorious Dopplebock; Seared Halibut, Grilled Asparagus, Mussels & Saffron Herbed Brodo paired with Victory Prima Pils & Rice Pudding with Marinated Local Strawberries, Basil, Black Pepper & Orange Oil paired with Victory V-Twelve. Vegetarian options available, upon request.
The dinner will be held in Avalon's charming courtyard, weather permitting. Begins at 7 p.m. and costs $50 per person, including the 4-course dinner and four beer pairings. Reservations needed. Call 610.436.4100.
- Dock Street Night @ FWOT July 14, 2010 - Fingers, Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Featured Dock Street Drafts will be Saison DuPotts and Rye IPA for $4 per pint and you keep the glass. Renata from Dock Street will be on hand for this Pay As You Go event. More info: 610.828.6191
- Philly Beer Week Recap @ Teresa's July 17, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- All the beers you missed... KBS, Registration Ale, a Consecration Vertical (yes, a vertical on tap), Interlude, Cantillon Cuvee Saint-Gilloise, Pozharnik, Bam Biere, Calabaza Blanca, New Holland's El Mole Ocho, the beer officially known as "Sierra Nevada ExPorter", Charlie & Ken's Imperial Bock, Supplication, Devil Dancer...and more.
- Selinsgrove Beer & Wine Festival July 17, 2010 - Downtown Selinsgrove, PA
- Considered by many one of the best festivals of the year anywhere in the Commonwealth. Complete information and ticket sales (as of April 17) on the website.
- Fruit Beer Fest @ Tap & Table July 22, 2010 - July 24, 2010 - Tap & Table, 4226 Chestnut St., Emmaus, PA
- T & T will be tapping an array of tasty fruit infused beers, ranging in profile from sweet to tart. This event will take place from Thursday July 22 - Saturday July 24. Starts at 4pm. Evolving Draft List: St. Louis Framboise, Liefman's Kriek, Boulder Kinda Blue Blueberry, Coronado Orange Ave. Wit' Dark Horse Raspberry Ale. Dogfish Head Festina Peche
and more... Pay as you go.
- Sly Fox Beer Dinner @ Chifa July 22, 2010 - Chifa, 707 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- Chef Jose Garces will continue his ongoing series of Craft Beer Dinners at Chifa when he hosts Brewer Brian O’Reilly from Sly Fox Brewing Company. The event will feature four-courses of Chifa’s inspired Latin-Asian cuisine paired with O’Reilly award-winning beers. The Smenu will include: Citrus Marinated Kajiki (Pacific Blue Marlin) with 5-spice crumble and baby vegetables paired with Royal Weisse Ale; Summer Curry Prawns paired with Saison VOS,; Braised Short Ribs served with Peruvian succotash paired with Rt. 113 IPA, and for dessert Malted Pound Cake with strawberries and Incubus syrup paired with Incubus, Sly Fox’s golden triple. 7 pm. The cost will be $65 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. Space is limited, and reservations are required. To make a reservation: 215. 925. 5555.
- Friday Night Sampling: Southamtpon July 23, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- Southampton will be in the house (does that makes us a Publick House for the night?) and we'll be pouring This Friday
Double White, Alt, IPA and Keller Pils. 5-7pm
- A Taste of Oregon w/ Rogue Brewery @ Drafting Room July 24, 2010 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Tap Time: Noon. Draft Selection: Chatoe Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager, Vintage Russian Imperial Stout, Northwestern Ale, Double Mocha Porter. Morimoto Soba Ale, Chatoe Single Malt, Kell's Irish-Style Lager, Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Somer Orange Honey Ale, John John Dead Guy, Brutal Bitter, Shakespeare Stout (Nitrogen), Dry Hopped St. Rogue Red, Chocolate Stout &Mocha Porter (Cask Conditioned). Plus food specials featuring:Farm-Fresh Oregon Yaquina Oysters & ASelection of Cheeses from Rogue's Award Winning Creamery. Pay As You go.
- Battle of the Bands @ Stoudt's July 24, 2010 - Stoudt's Brewery, Adamstown, PA
- The 3rd Annual Battle of the Brewery Bands unites local breweries, supporters and favorite charities in our community. The Battle of the Brewery Bands has benefited PA charities for the past 2 years, raising $5,000 the first year and $7,000 last year.. A few noted charities that will benefit from the event: Wounded Warriors, Capital Area Green Belt Association, Hospice of Lancaster, and Amer-haitian bon zami.1st place will get 50% and 2nd place will get 30%. The remainder will be divided among the other bands for their selected charities.
$25 ticket includes:Performances by the following 6 Brewery Bands: Stoudts, Troëgs, Homebrew club of Lancaster, Yards, Victory & Berwick Brewing. Open Bar for beer and soda (Cash bar for mixed drinks and wine (1/2 of the proceeds to charity)) and a Food Buffet. (must be 21 to attend). 6pm 717.484.4387 for more information.
Buy tickets here.
- 5th Annual Wheat Beer Fest @ SPTR July 24, 2010 - South Philadelphia Tap Room, 1509 Mifflin St.
- Wheat Beers $3 All Day (or until all the taps run dry). Starts at Noon, ends Whenever. 30 Wheaties ot tpa---that's 29 deliciously drinkable wheaties, and one special surprise keg saved for around 11pm. Last year it was Hitachino Whit; this year who knows what it will be.
Featuring awesome, local bands throughout the day and a BBQ of some awesome grub outside.
The beers: Allagash, Avery, Ballast Point, Brooklyn Brewery, Cricket Hill, Dogfish Head, Dock Street, Great Lakes, Flying Fish, Ithaca, Lancaster Brewing, Manayunk Brewery, Left Hand, Ommegang, Philadelphia Brewing Co.,
Sierra Nevada, Six Point, Sly Fox, Southern Tier, Stoudt's, Terrapin, Troegs, Twin Lakes, Unibroue, Victory, Weyerbacher & Yards.
Music by Wes Mattheu & the New Way Down, Adam & Dave's Bloodline, Arrah & the Ferns and Professor Sidewinder.
- Arctic Alchemy Adventure Send-off @ Bethlehem Brew Works July 25, 2010 - Bethlehem Brew Works, Bethlehem, PA
- Support Chris Bowen and the Arctic Alchemy Riders as they plan to depart for the Canadian Arctic and re-create the historic and mysterious Arctic Ale. Arctic Alchemy Brunch includes: buffet-style brunch in support of Chris and the Riders; limited edition Arctic Alchemy t-shirts available for a fundraising purchase; participate in the filming for the Arctic Alchemy Archives with an interview and review of the historic beer, featuring you; at 11am, there will be a complimentary sample of Arctic Alchemy Ale to toast the departure; at noon, Chris departs! Be there to yell, cheer and help send the crew off on there 2,000 Mile journey. $25 per person (proceeds benefit the project). 610-882-1300 for more information.
- Matt Guyer Bartends @ Craft Ale House (Habitat for Humanity) July 26, 2010 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- The Beer Yard's Matt Guyer will be a Guest Bartender at the Craft Ale House from 6 to 9pm, with 30% of the proceeds from the three hours going to Habitat for Humanity, the international non-profit organization devoted to building decent and affordable housing using volunteer labor.
The total donation to Habitat will be split equally between CAH and the Beer Yard. Stop in to enjoy a pint or two from the always-appealing beer menu, hassle the bartender as much as you want and help a good cause.
NOTE: Even customers who visit Craft Ale House before or after Guyer's stint behind the bar on this date will have 30% of what they spend credited to the cause if they write "Habitat" on their check when they pay it.
- Friday Night Sampling: Weyerbacher July 30, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Verboten, Hops Infusion and Merry Monks Ale 5-7pm. That's a good thing so we look forward to seeing you all or a taste.