Events for July 2009
- Meet the Brewer Series: Blue Point Brewing Clambake @ Spinnerstown July 01, 2009 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Traditional cherrystone clam bake with three courses and four beers including Hoptical Illusion on cask, Imperal Pilsner,
Rastafar Rye and Toasted Lager. 7pm $35 per person. More info: 215.536.7242
- BBQ, Blues n Christmas in July Brews July 02, 2009 - Ron's Original Bar & Grill, 74 E. Uwchalan Ave., Lionville
- Ron's will feature Jimmy's BBQ from Frazer and will be tapping 8 Christmas Beers at 6pm, featuring Troegs Mad Elf '08. There will also be a very special Christmas Gift to all beer lovers out there with a keg from Stone Brewing Company. You'll have to bet here to find out what it is, ONE of only TWO kegs for the area of this special brew! Pay as you go.
- Dogs 4 Dogs @ The Beer Yard July 03, 2009 - The Beer Yard
Come and enjoy free samples of Flying Dog Brews! We’re grilling out for charity with $1 hot dogs All proceeds/ donations/tips from the night will benefit the Delaware County SPCA. 5-8pm
The Beer Yard will be donating $5.00 a case for each case sold this weekend to the SPCA.
- Beer-B-Que @ General Lafayette July 04, 2009 - General Lafayette Brewery & Inn, 646 Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
- Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad, Watermelon, Cake & more. $19.99. Under 12 $9.99. With select open beer $29.99 2-6pm Info: 610-941-0600
- Extröeginary Beers @ Tria July 08, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School, Philadelphia
- The extröeginary creations from Tröegs Brewing Company in Harrisburg make it easy to love local beer. Join founding brothers Chris and John Trogner for a taste of their coolest beers - including some that rarely make it out of the brewery. To celebrate more than 10 years of success, Chris and John have created a series of small-batch, one-off "Scratch Beers." We'll taste fun experiments like Apollo Imperial Ale, Double Espresso Oatmeal Stout, barrel-aged Triple, bourbon-barrel-aged Mad Elf, plus flagship favorites like Sunshine Pils and Hopback Amber with our local brewing heroes. 6:30-8pm $35
- Meet the Brewer (Ommegang) @ Jose Pistoles July 09, 2009 - Jose Pistolas, 236 S. 15 St., Phila.
- Brian Enrici will be on hand from 6 - 10PM Hennepin, Rare VOS, Abbey Ale & Witte, will be pouring, along with a very special appearance of Ommegang Rouge. Prizes and giveaways too. Pay as you go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Victory July 10, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- Super Sales Gal Tracy fwill be here, pushing her Summer beers, Hefeweizen, Whirlwind Wit and the highly acclaimed Prima Pils. We could have gotten Bill and Ron but Mark said no. 5-7pm
- Christmas in July @ Brigids July 10, 2009 - Brigid's, 24th & Aspen (Fairmount), Phila.
- This event will recur every Friday this month. Brigid’s in Fairmount will tap at least one holiday keg every Friday afternoon, the identity of which they will reveal on their Twitter just prior. In the lineup: Corsendonk Christmas, St. Bernardus Christmas, Affligiem Noel, Delirium Noel and Brasserie Dupont Avec Les Bons Veux, as well as local cult favorite Mad Elf from Tröegs. 6pm - 2am. Pay as you go.
- Xmas in July @ Grey Lodge July 10, 2009 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Scoats has been sitting on barrels of Troegs Mad Elf, Rogue Santa’s Private Reserve, and Corsendonk Xmas Ale since December for this event. Yeah, that's a little weird and we suspect his nether regions are a bit sore. Other Xmas beers are expected in as well. They wil have Xmas treats from Hesh's Bakery for dessert, free with the purchase of any entree.6-9pm Pay as you go.
- Royal Stumble @ Nodding Head July 11, 2009 - Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant, 1516 Sansom St. (second floor), Philadelphia
- Tickets for the 10th Annual Royal Stumble go on sale June 1 at Nodding head by phone at 215.569.9525. Participating breweries not yet announced, but "look for a few special guests this year." $45 (tickets go fast and it always sells out). 1pm start.
- Pints for Pups July 11, 2009 - First Energy Stadium, Reading
- The 2009 Pints for Pups---benefiting the Humane Society of Berks County---will be held at FirstEnergy Stadium, home of the Reading Phillies. Confirmed breweries so far: Reading Brewing Company, Legacy Brewing Company, Sly Fox Brewing Company, Appalachian Brewing Company, Lancaster Brewing Company, Stoudt's Brewing Company, Green Mountain Cidery, Dogfish Head and Troegs. Music will be provided by the legendary Dibbs Preston & the Detonators!
$30 general admission includes a custom event pint glass, full access to the beer tasting area, Spike's Doggie Bar & Buffet for the pooches, music and other cool happenings. $100 VIP passes (for two) add entry to the exclusive Legacy Brewing VIP area with reserved seating just for VIP's, expanded buffet options, and a full service Legacy Beer and Barefoot Wine bar for VIP's only. 6-9pm More info: 610.921.2348
- New Holland Beer & Cheese Night @ Jose Pistolas July 14, 2009 - Jose Pistolas, 236 S. 15 St., Phila.
- This is a repeat of an awesome Philly Beer Week event which went so well that Jose Pistolas plans going to do it more often. It features flights of some of New Holland's best beers accompanied with cheese and other appetizer pairings. starts at 5 o'clock and continues until things run out. Pay as you go.
- Ommegang Beer & Wine Throwdown @ Tria July 15, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- In this corner: Ommegang's head brewer Phil Leinhart and his captivating, complex Belgian-style brews. And in this corner: Ommegang's sommelier Kate Stamps with an irresistible line up of sparkling, white, red and dessert wines. Each round starts with a delicious snack then beer and wine square off in a food-pairing contest. You're the referee. Which pairing is a knock-out? $42 6:30-8pm
- Sly Fox Hop Project Night @ Drafting Room Exton July 15, 2009 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown, Pike, Exton
- Featuring single hop beers from Hop Project 2008 and 2009 on tap: Amarillo IPA, Cluster IPA, Mt. Rainier IPA, Aurora IPA, Willamette Pale Ale & Marynka Pale Ale. Plus a firkin of Rt. 113 IPA and a special treat, Burn’s Scottish Ale. Drafting Room runs BBQ specials on Wednesdays in the summer and those should go nicely with some hoppy beers. Pay as you go. More info: 610.363.0521
- Weekly Beer & Cheese Pairing @ Dawson St. Pub July 16, 2009 - Dawson St. Pub, 100 Dawson St., Manayunk
- The second in what will be a weekly Thursday event at "the world's greatest bar" (as someone once termed it). Three beers paired with three cheeses each time. Starts at 8pm. Total cost of pairings will be between $12-$15 each week. Tonight is all Victory beer night:
Whirlwind Wit with Parrano (aged Gouda,) with orange marmalade
Throwback Lager with Emmethal (Swiss)
Prima Pils with Manchego (Spanish).
- Return of Arcadia @ Jose Pistolas July 16, 2009 - Jose Pistolas, 236 S. 15 St., Phila.
- Arcadia is truly one of our favorite breweries and now they're paired up with one of our favorite people, Rick Suarez. Rick will be joining us and a possible appearance by Timmy Surprise. 4 different Arcadia Ales on Tap plus a firkin of the extraordinary Hop Rocket. There will also be some great giveaways courtesy of Arcadia. 6 - 10pm Pay as you go.
- BBQ & Bells @ Jose Pistolas July 17, 2009 - Jose Pistolas, 236 S. 15 St., Phila.
- JA bunch of Bell's on tap, a firkin of 2 Hearted Ale and BBQ. That's right, Chicken, Ribs, Pork, and craziness. Bring your drinkink caps and an empty stomach. Starts in the afternoon and goes forever.
- Friday Night Sampling: Bear Republic July 17, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- It's Bear Republic night in Wayne and we will be featuring the new Racer 5, Hop Rod Rye and Red Rocket 12oz Bottles. Mark says they're just the right size. 5-7pm
- Hops. Vines & Wines Festival @ Selin's Grove July 18, 2009 - Downtown Selinsgrove, PA
- The second annual, sponsored by Selin's Grove Brewing. More brewers, more fun this year. Details on the website.
- Beers of Michigan Night at TJ’s July 18, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, Paoli Village Shops, Paoli
- On hand: Dr. Joel from New Holland, Derek from Bells and Bernie from Stockertown representing Founders.
On tap: New Holland Mad Hatter, Imperial Hatter, Brother Jacob, Existential & Night Tripper; Founders Double Trouble, Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon & Pale Ale; Bells Two Hearted, Oberon, Double Cream Stout,& Best Brown Ale. 6PM-1AM Pay as you go.
- Good Food, Good Beer, and the Rest is History July 18, 2009 - Head House Square, 2nd & Lombard
- Ten local restaurants and ten local breweries will greet you with their best creations under the colonial market shed at New Market. And the atmosphere is over-the-top romantic, with flowers and candles, under the roof of this historic building. Tickets are $30 for five tasting tickets and $22 for three. Beer is complimentary. This event is a fund raiser for the Philadelphia Convivium of Slow Food and Green Village Philadelphia. TICKETS AVAILABLE ON LINE AND AT GATE IF AVAILABLE
- Home Brew Event @ Mémé July 21, 2009 - Mémé, 2201 Spruce St., Phila
- July at Mémé will be dedicated to bringing together both novice and savvy brewers with food lovers and Chef David Katz is scouring the Philadelphia beer scene to identify non-professional artisans who’d like to introduce their craft to a new audience of beer (and food) lovers. The first annual Home Brew event--the first in a series of events highlighting craftspeople and their use of artisan ingredients--will showcase the talents of every day people that hand craft their own brews. 6:30 - 8:30. 215-735-4900 for more information and to arrange to submit a sample of your beer for consideration (before June 15).
- Doc's Cider Flight Night @ Jose Pistolas July 21, 2009 - Jose Pistolas, 236 S. 15 St., Phila.
- We've been serving Doc's Pear Cider for awhile now and we're thrilled to finally be doing an event with these cats. We'll be serving the pear, apple, raspberry, and quite possibly the sour cherry, along with a complimentary sampling of their delicious liqueurs. Everything will be paired with seasonal fruits, cheeses and nuts. 5pm until things run out. Pay as you go..
- Hot Blondes @ Tria July 22, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- Quench your thirst for knowledge about summer's hottest brews to keep you cool in a fun, new beer class for suds lovers of all levels. Join Tria owner Jon Myerow and Fermentation School principal Erin McLean to learn about golden beer treasures from around the world. But wait there's more: we will start the class with a blind tasting of all the beers and award prizes to the top two beer geeks! 6:30-8Pm $30
- Friday Night Sampling: Yards July 24, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- We'll have a brewer in the house as we celebrate the great beers from Philly's oldest craft brewer. The brews coming out of their new brewery and causing a sensation among local beer lovers, from the classic ESA to the reformulated Saison, not to mention the new Brawler. "Wow!" That's what Mark says, 5-7pm
- Battle of the Brewery Bands (Rock & Rollin' for Charity) July 25, 2009 - Stoudts Brewing Co., Adamstown, PA
- The anxiously awaited 2nd Annual Battle of the Brewery bands will be held tonight at Stoudt’s Biergarten. This event raised $5,000 for charity last year and plans to top that this year. Join in the fun and cheer on your favorite participating brewery competing for the Golden Keg and their chosen charity. Great times, rocking tunes, fantastic beer and lots of laughs. Get your tickets soon, they sell out fast. Call the Stoudt’s office in Adamstown at 717-484-4386x204 and ask for Maika
- Summer Ale Festival @ Philadelphia Zoo July 25, 2009 - Philadelphia Zoo, 3400 W. Girard Ave., Philadelphia
- Celebrate the season with fabulous food and regional craft beers. Breweries will be on hand to showcase their best “summer beers” and much more. Attendees can register to participate in a zoo-wide scavenger hunt that, if tasks are completed correctly, enter them into a drawing to win awesome prizes. VIP passes will be available for special access to breakout sessions and swag bags! More information to follow. Tickets will be available for purchase starting in May. 6-10pm.
- Handmade Market @ Memphis Taproom July 25, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- Memphis Taproom is forming it’s own handmade nation. Everyone is welcome. The list of vendors is over 50! All awesome local artists and craftspeople selling their arts and crafts and wares. The event will be held in the side lot at Memphis Taproom at Memphis and Cumberland Streets in Kensington. Shop and drink, such a deal. 10am-3pm
- Irish Pub Tour de Shore July 26, 2009 - Phialdelphia - Altantic City and back
- over 750 bicyclists will gear up to ride a 65-mile bike tour of scenic South Jersey beginning at the Irish Pub on 20th and Walnut in Philadelphia, to the Irish Pub in Atlantic City.
Celebrity riders for the event often include Michael Smerconish host of CBS Radio's The Big Talker 1210 AM, Gregg Murphy of Comcast SportsNet, Commissioner John Timoney, Miami Chief of Police, and John Bolaris of Fox 29.
During the Tour de Shore's 20+ year history, the Irish Pub Tour de Shore has raised awareness for various local children's charities. Throughout its tenure, it has raised over $1,200,000.00 for various beneficiaries. Each year, various local children's charities, who keep their operating costs to a minimum, are chosen as the benefactor. This year, the 22nd Annual Tour de Shore is proud to announce the benefactors are the following Philadelphia Police Charities:
The Daniel Faulkner Educational Grant Fund
FOP Survivor's Fund
Police Athletic League of Philadelphia
To sign up online, go here.
- Le Fin de Tour @ Local 44 (Bear Republic Racer X) July 26, 2009 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- From our friends at Local 44: "Join us for the Tour de France's final sprint into Paris. This will be our second Bear Republic Racer X keg tapping of the month! The final sprint into Paris and the laps on the Champes Elysees live coverage starts at 7:30am. We open at 11:30am. While we get set up, the beer stays cold and the TV stays on. You figure the rest out. (See you bright and early!)"
- Brew Lounge Run/Walk/Bike Ride to Support General Lafayette July 26, 2009 - General Lafayette Brewery & Inn & Environs
- It's not really about the physical activity this time...it's about creating awareness of and support for the General Lafayette and its current economic woes and it starts at Noon in front of the Inn. Use the link to get the details, such as they are. And Iron Hill West Chester Head Brewer Larry Horwitz & Assistant Brewer Jean Broillet are contributing a 1/2 keg of their special limited one-offs to the fun. They're calling it something of a Belgian Single and naming it General Abbeyesque in honor of Chris Leonard and The General. If you like this sort of thing, this is definitely the sort of thing you'll like.
- Great Lakes Debut @ Memphis Taproom July 27, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- Memphis Taproom will welcome one of the most anticipated breweries to the Philly Beer Market, starting at 5pm. Three beers will be pouring: Dortmunder, IPA and Vienna Lager. This is an opportunity to get your first local on-tap-taste from this excellent mid-western brewery.
- Hotscotch @ The Khyber July 27, 2009 - The Khyber, 56 S. 2nd St., Phila.
- 12 beers are in contention. 12 beers will be pitted against each other. 12 beers will enter but only one will be declared the winner. Will it be hopped up IPAs/APAs/DIPAs or the malty deliciousness of Scotch Ales/Wee Heavies. Hop heads & Malt Maniacs delight! Who will win? Some very special brews will be on hand including, Ballast Point Piper Down Scotch Ale, Boulder Mojo (nitrogenated), Steamworks Conductor Imperial IPA. 5-9pm MOre information: 267.496.4333 Get tickets online here.
- Tasty Tuesday: Great Lakes Intro @ Teresa's July 28, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- TND will welcome Great Lakes Brewing to the PA market with food and beer pairings with five of their fresh beers: Burning River Pale Ale, Commodore Perry IPA, Dortmunder Gold Lager, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter & Eliot Ness Amber Lager. 6pm Pay as you go.
- A Pint & a Pound @ Tria July 29, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- The sun never set on the British beer and cheese empire. Many beloved beer styles like Pale Ale, Stout and Barleywine and famous cheeses like Cheddar and Stilton hail from the British Isles. Tria fromager Jenny Harris and Fermentation School principal Erin McLean will pair an array of iconic, artisanal beers and cheeses from England, Ireland and Wales, matching classics perfected over centuries with the newest fermentations from the Isles. 6:30-8pm $45
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown July 31, 2009 - August 01, 2009 - Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY
- Friday July 31: Multi-course catered dinner with beer pairings. Guest speakers. Live band. Saturday August 1: 12 noon- doors open. 2-6pm- Belgian and Belgian-style beer tasting. 45-50 breweries and 5+ Belgian Specialty Importers. All in all over 200 beers to sample. 3 pm- Live music begins. Food vended separately all day. 7 pm- Ommegang beer stand opens. After dark- Bonfire and Beatles movies. THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT