Events for June 2009
- Dock Street Dessert Competition June 01, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- Create your best dessert, using beer as an ingredient, or just come and be part of the fun. Entries will be judged by Dock Street Head Brewer Ben Potts, the inimitable Scoats of the Grey Lodge Pub, Left Hand Brewing's Dan Conway. Origlio's legendary Eddie Friedland and Ched Peppino from The Restaurant School. Live music by Old Goats. Winner gets a growler fill of his/her choice and an opportunity for Dock Street to buy the dessert for the restaurant. To enter, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with name and contact info.
- Meet The Brewer Series: The Beers of Ommegang @ Spinnerstown June 03, 2009 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- This month's Meet the Brewer series presents The Beers of Brewery Ommegang. 7pm start. Enjoy four beers: Witte Ale,
Hennepin Farmhouse Saison, Abbey Ale and Rouge Grand Cru with electable food pairings prepared by Chef Karl.
Reserve now. $40 per person 215.536.7242
- Mondial de la Biere June 03, 2009 - June 07, 2009 - Windsor Station, Downtown Montreal
- The 16th edition of the Mondial de la bière, establishing this event as an international «rendez-vous» of the Beer Industry. With brewers from all 5 continents attending and more than 300 beers, this international event will have positive economic and social impact on the Greater Montréal area. Wednesday to Saturday: 11:00am to 10:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am to 8:00pm. Admission free, purchase tickets for beer.
- Old Beer, New Beer--Lancaster Brewing Night @ Teresa'a June 04, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Come out and meet the brewers, who will will be bringing a fresh keg of Hop Hog with them to tap on the bar. It only gets better... a keg of Old Sourpuss Gueuze will be coming out of retirement. As well as Triple and Milk Stout on Nitro. Other Lancaster Beers with food pairings as well. 6-8pm Pay as you go.
- St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival June 05, 2009 - June 06, 2009 - Forest Park, St. Louis, MO
- The St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival , will return to historic Forest Park for the third consecutive year. It will feature beer garden-style atmosphere and new location at the Central Fields near the MUNY and a special beer recipe created by a local homebrewer just for festival-goers to enjoy. The event is supported local breweries, including Alandale Brewery, Anheuser-Busch, Augusta Brewery, Morgan Street Brewery, O’Fallon Brewery, Schlafly Beer, Square One Brewery and Griesedieck Brothers Brewery, Buffalo Brewing Co., Mattingly Brewing Company, Trailhead Brewing Company and The Stable. More than 60 ales, lagers, specialty beers, hybrid styles and homebrews. More details online.
- Friday Night Sampling: Troegs June 05, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- Lock up the women and children, Nick Johnson of Troegs will be in the house. Wait, this is the new married and settled down Nick, so maybe it's okay, especially since he's bringing BBQ! Yep, it's our annual Troegs Nick 'n' Beer BBQ Night! Come and chow down, 5-7pm, and sample a host of fine beers from Harrisburg. If things get crazy, hide behind Mark.
- West Coast Brewery Night @Drafting House Exton June 05, 2009 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown, Pike, Exton
- Starts at 6pm. On tap: Sierra Nevada Chico IPA, Lost Coast Imperial Pilsner, Russian River Pliny the Elder, North Coast Brother Thelonius, Moylan’s Hopsickle, Anderson Valley 20th Anniversary, Elysian Avatar Jasmine IPA & Speakeasy White Lightning, plus a Sierra Nevada Stout Firkin. Pay as you go.
- JazzFest @ Victory June 07, 2009 - Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown
- A Sunday of music, brews and barbeque, this inaugural event will benefit Handi-Crafters of Chester County. Ticket cost includes live music by the Victory Jazz Orchestra, a barbeque buffet and of course Victory beer. Tickets are required and are only available online. Handi-Crafters is a not-for-profit that provides life transforming opportunities for people with disabilities. Noon - 4pm* $50
* Victory will be closed for regular business during this event.
- Bear Creek Mountain Beer Fest June 07, 2009 - Bear Creek Mountain Resort and Conference Center , Macungie, PA
- Brews and representatives from 22 breweries, including Allentown/Bethlehem Brew Works, Lancaster, Sam Adams, Stoudts, Weyerbacher and Yuengling. You can attend a cooking with beer session with executive chef Jason Pope, or turn the event into a $200 mini-getaway package including one night's lodging for two, two tickets and commemorative glasses for the event, two Brew Fest T-shirts and breakfast at Trail's End Cafe. 1-5pm Info: 866-754-2822.
- Brews. Bikes & Tunes June 07, 2009 - Front of Firehouse, 50 & Baltimore, Phila
- Dock Street Brewery, with Firehouse Bicycles & Satellite Cafe present Brews, Bikes and Tunes, a music festival, from 3-8pm. Dock Street will be open. For more info: 215.726.2337
- Connoisseurs’ Tasting Series & Spinnerstown June 09, 2009 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- A beer dinner with Bob Gera of the Global Brewers Guild, 6:30pm. Five beers-- Great Divide Fresh Hop Pale Ale,Allagash 11th Anniversary, North Coast Old Stock Ale, Young's Double Chocolate Stout & Barbar Belgian Honey Ale.
Make your reservation now. Event is limited to 35 seats. $55. Call 215.536.7242
- Pa. Does Pils @ Tria June 10, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- Lager isn't just a brand from Yuengling. Nationally acclaimed beer writer Lew Bryson will school you on Czech Pilsner, classic German Helles, Bock, Doppelbock and Dunkel and even smoked Rauchbier. Plus special guest local brewers (Bill Covaleski, Victory; Chris Trogner, Troegs) will showcase exquisite examples of traditional-style lagers made right here in PA. 6:30-8pm. $40
- Friday Night Sampling: Sand Brewing/Liljas June 12, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- This Wisconsin brewery is new to our market so this is a good chance to try their Liljas Argosy IPA, Liljas Heifer Weizen, Liljas Pulling Boat Pale Ale and Liljas Hop Monster. 5-7pm and everybody be sure to ask Mark what "Liljas" means.
- Ballast Point/Bear Republic Face Off @ TJ's June 13, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Two of the best west coast breweries face off with a head-to-head challenge. Who will be the victor? 6pm-12am.
On Tap: Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Ballast Point Dorado DIPA , Ballast Point Big Eye IPA, Ballast Point Navigator Doppelbock, Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat & Ballast Point Calico Amber
On Tap: Bear Republic Racer 5 (CASK), Bear Republic Racer X, Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye & Bear Republic Heritage.
- Edible World: Joe Sixpacks' Northern Liberties June 13, 2009 - Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
- Don Russell, wearing his "Joe Sixpack: guise., will lead about 40 or 50 people through the pubs and restaurants on the tour talking both about beer and food pairings AND some of the personal stories and history behind the Northern Liberties establishments. First Person Arts is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to memoir and documentary art in all forms, and this is a quarterly fundraiser for the organization. Ticket purchases online at the link above. More info: 267.402.2055
- Main Line Jazz & Food Festival June 13, 2009 - Downtown Wayne, PA
- The 6th Annual Main Line Jazz and Food Festival will feature of the region's best jazz talent will grace the festival main stage on North Wayne Avenue. The center of Wayne will be transformed into a European style piazza where music lovers can dine al fresco at bistro tables and enjoy great live music as they lounge under the stars.
In past years more than 4,000 people have turned out to enjoy great music, delicious food and arts and crafts from area merchants and artisans. Here is what's going on at Teresa's during the event.
- Friday Night Sampling: Widmer Bros. June 19, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- We'll be pouring their two new releases in the Philadelphia market Drifter Pale Ale and Drop Top Amber, as well as the Hefeweisse, on the theory that sunshine will, as Mark promises, one day return to our lives and demand such a perfect match. 5-7pm.
- 2nd Street Festival, Northern Liberties June 20, 2009 - Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
- North 2nd St. will be closed from Germantown Avenue to Spring Garden Street with food, beer, games, kids activities and live music sponsored by Popped! Standard Tap will have a tented beer garden that features Yards and Stoudt's beers. It's a rain or shine event, so the tent is the place to be. 60 vendors. Pay as you go. 11am - 8pm.
- Harrisburg Brewers Fest 2009 June 20, 2009 - Locust & Third Sts, Harrisburg, PA
- There will be two sessions 12-3:30 p.m. and 5-8:30 p.m. with a VIP session from 4-5 p.m. The event will take place at the same location as previous years with the entrance at the intersection of Second and Locust Streets. All proceeds benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Central Pennsylvania. Details on website.
- Garden State Craftbrewers Fest June 20, 2009 - Battleship New Jersey, Camden
- Taste the fine and fun offerings from 16 breweries in this 13th annual celebration.Tickets are $40 (includes logoed sampling glass and self-guided tour of the ship) and can be purchased by calling 856.966.1652, ext 107. Attendance is limited. 1:00 - 5:00 PM
- Wheat Beer Celebration @Blue Ox Bistro June 20, 2009 - Blue Ox Bistro, 7880 Oxford Ave., Fox Chase
- Some of the best wheat beers on tap from around the world and from our local favorite’s brewers like Sly Fox, Victory, Dog Fish Head and Troegs. Also some of the best Belgian whites, German hefeweizen, Ommegang Witte. and other great wheat beers. Live music with Bob James during the day in the biergarten and Joe Mellon at night. $4 drafts all day. 1pm - Midnight
- BBQ @ Citzens Bank Park June 20, 2009 - Citizens Bank Park, South Philadelphia
- Tailgate starts at 3:00 pm, Game starts at 7:05 pm Passes for “BBQ at the Ballpark” include: Beer tasting sessions from Sly Fox Brewery and River Horse Brewing Company, BBQ buffet from Sweet Lucy’s Smokehouse, access to beer and non-alcoholic beverages until 6:30 pm, classic tailgate activities & a ticket to the game. 100 tickets have been reserved for the Phillies v. Orioles game, section 423 (Rows 11-16). $60.00 per person. Sign up on website.
- A Monk at Monk's: De Koningshoeven Event June 23, 2009 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Meet Father Isaac, the Prior of Abbey De Koningshoeven in the Netherlands. The Prior is the second in charge of the abbey & is director of the brewery. Father Isaac will be making his first-ever stop in America right here at Monk's Café. Gisj Swinkels, the layman in charge of brewing operations will also be on hand. Don't miss this rare opportunity to meet a Trappiste monk. On draft:
Koningshoeven Trappist Quadruppel. Koningshoeven Trappist Dubbel & Koningshoeven Trappist Witte. In bottles: Koningshoeven Trappist Quadruppel, Koningshoeven Trappist Triple, Koningshoeven Trappist Dubbel, Koningshoeven Trappist Witte & Koningshoeven Trappist Bock. 5-7PM Pay as you go.
- St.Jean-Baptiste Day @ Grey Lodge June 24, 2009 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- St. Jean-Baptiste Day is this Wednesday. St John the Baptist is the patron saint of Quebec and the Grey Lodge celebrating his feast day with Quebecois beer and food. The beer will be numerous bottles from Unibroue. The food menu wlll include Poutine, the French Canadian classic artery clogger and other goodies. Pay as you go.
- Drafting Room 15th Anniversary Ale June 24, 2009 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- The beer is an Imperial IPA which features a new hop variety called Apollo and will be served on draft and in a firkin. Also: last year's 14th Anniversary Ale on tap and cask Nugget Nectar and maybe even the 13th Anniversary version too. Starts 6pm, both locations, with brewery reps on hand.
- Friday Night Sampling: Sierra Nevada June 26, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- Sales rep Patrick Mullin will be in the house with mucho beers from this California craft beer pioneer, including the brand ndw Kellerwiesse. This is your chance to see Patrick and Mark together (or not) and decide if they really are brothers. 5-7pm
- Wheat Beer Fest @ South Philly Tap Room June 27, 2009 - South Philadelphia Tap Room, 1509 Mifflin St.
- This annual celebration of wheat beers at the bar which began the craft beer revolution in South Philadelphia is always one of the highlights of the season. 30 breweries or more, $3 pints all day. 2-11pm. For more information: 215.271.7787
- Yards Brewing Hops & Cops June 28, 2009 - Yards Brewing Co., 901 N. Delaware Avenue, Philadelphia
- A fundraiser for the Philadelphia FOP at the new Yards Brewery, both inside and out. Featuring live music from:
Welcome to My Face, The Estelles. The Tall Boys. Dirt Worshipper. The Mitch/Nate Kentucky Experience & Some Boy Band From NJ. Food from Dietz & Watson and City Tavern. Beer from Yards Brewing Co. and lots of fun. Moonbounce, cotton candy and funnel cake will ensure a certain "carny" atmosphere. This is a family friendly event. All proceeds to benefit the FOP Survivors Fund. 1-5pm. Purchase tickets online using link above.
- Ballast Point Brunch @ Teresa's June 28, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Ten Ballast Point beers will be on draft beginning at 11am. Abandon Ship Smoked Lager, Black Marlin Porter, Yellow Tail (Not the wine!), Calico Copper, Big Eye IPA, Dorado Double IPA, Sculpin IPA, Barrel-aged Victory at Sea, Barrel Aged Sea Monster and Barrel Aged Navigator will be pouring. This is an opportunity to experience an unprecedented lineup from Ballast Point.
- Six Month Celebration @ Craft Ale House June 29, 2009 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- Gary and the gang will be celebrating with live music and a Ballast Point Promo featuring Sculpin IPA, Big Eye IPA, Dorado Double IPA, Navigator Doppelbock, Wahoo Wheat and many other craft beers on tap and in the bottle. Pay as you o.