Events for March 2009
- Philly Beer Geek Qualifying Round @ Spinnerstown Hotel March 03, 2009 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Interested in riches and glory?!? Yeah, us too…but how about $1000 in cash andprizes, plus a year of bragging rights instead? Bring your knowledge of all things beer to the preliminary round at the Spinnerstown Hotel! There will be a 25 question test and a two-beer tasting. The best part is it’s FREE! No sign up is necessary, just come and join the fun! The winner will move on to the semi-finals, And then (hopefully) the FINALS! Starts at 8pm
- Philly Beer Geek Qualifiying Round @ Standard Tap March 04, 2009 - Standard Tap, 901 N 2nd St., Phila.
- This round is a Gong Show! You provide Poems, Songs & Interpretive Dance reflecting your love for beer, we provide the Gong.
* Solo acts only
* One free pint of beer to anyone not gonged
* Performance must be 30 seconds minimum, 2 minutes max.
* Prizes awarded.
* Winner continues on to the Philly Beer Geek Competition.
Sponsored by Philadelphia Brewing Company. 8pm.
Check the website for more information on the semi-finals and finals.
- Thomas Hooker @ Teresa's March 06, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Meet the brewer while we pout A keg of 2007 Old Marley Barleywine which has been hiding in our cellars for just this event. Thomas Hooker Liberator and Imperial Porter will round out the line up. 6pm Pay as you go.
- No Repeat Beer Week @ Memphis Taproom March 06, 2009 - March 15, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Memphis Taproom will pour non-stop new and unique beers on tap, with NO REPEATS, all week! When one keg kicks, that's it, something new will follow it! Most of the beers to be tapped throughout NO REPEAT Beer Week have never been on draft at Memphis Taproom before. The goal is to tap 100 unique beers in just one week. The (still growing) list of NO REPEAT Beer Week beers is available here.
- Great Craft Beers of the Main Line March 06, 2009 - March 15, 2009 - R5 SEPTA Route
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. A self-guided tour, using SEPTA's discount Philly Beer Week pass, to four great Main Line beer bars (Gullifty's, Teresa's Next Door, Flying Pig, TJ's Everyday). Details at the link.
- Pairing German Beer with Food - Beer Tasting & Seminar with Marnie Old March 07, 2009 - The Ratzkeller at The German Society of Pennsylvania, 611 Spring Garden St., Philadelphia
- Discover how and why the world's most popular alcoholic beverage is a better food partner than other drinks like wine and spirits. Join sommelier and author Marnie Old for a lively and engaging guided beer tasting that explores the scrumptious possibilities of pairing German beer styles with food. You'll discover through experience how the tastes, smells and tactile sensations of beer and food interact in surprising, but predictable ways. Come learn why beer pairs so beautifully with so many popular foods and sauces - with everything from hot chilis to chocolate. You'll leave feeling more confident than ever in choosing which beer styles to partner with which foods at home or dining out. Members $25 / Nonmembers $35. 215.627.2332
- Le Tour de Philly Brew March 07, 2009 - Philadelphia & Suburbs
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. A scenic yet strenuous 60 mile ride starting at Yards Brewery (901 North Delaware Avenue) leaving at 10 am sharp with stops at General Lafayette Inn, Iron Hill North Wales for lunch and Manayunk Brewery before recovering back at Yards. Limited to 25 riders. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- in Pursuit of Hoppiness 5 Mile Run (Dock Street) March 07, 2009 - Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Dock Street to Dock Street - BrewLounge Scavenger Run, a five-mile scavenger run starting at 10 am at the Vietnam Memorial Plaza at Dock and Front Streets, ending at Dock Street Brewery, including a post-race buffet that is free for participants $8 for others).. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Philly Craft Beer Festival March 07, 2009 - Philadelphia Cruise Terminal, 5100 S. Broad St., Philadelphia
- Two sessions. 12:30-4:30pm & 6-10pm. Tickets $45 online and $60 at door (if available; both sessions sold out in advance last year). 50 breweries, 120 beers.
- Beer Yard Philly Beer Week Special Event: New Holland March 08, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. This is why we're open Sundays (aside from meeting your weekend beer needs): New Holland Brewing’s Beervangelist, Fred Beultmann will be in the house to discuss New Hollands beers, spirits, history, & future. What, that definitely calls for samples! Join us 3-5pm.
- New Holland Event @ Teresa's March 08, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. New Holland Beervangelist Fred Bueltmann and Beer Ambassador Dr. Joel Armato will be on hand presenting highlights from New Holland's 12-year brewing history. Aged gems from the brewery's library will be served with a multi course pairing menu. 6pm. Tickets are on sale right now, $50 + tip. Seating limited, call Teresa’s for availability. 610-293-0119.
- Vintage Beer Brunch @ Memphis Taproom March 08, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland Street
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. a Vintage Beer Brunch starts at 3pm. Various private cellars are being ransacked for the perfect beers for this event. Five different beers will be sampled throughout the afternoon. There will be both a vintage and a young selection of each beer. Somewhere along the way they'll sneak in tasty brunch dishes from Memphis Taproom Chef Jesse Kimball, too. Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant Owner Curt Decker will be on hand throughout the brunch to chat about these vintage beers and great beer in general. Tickets for this event go on sale Monday 3/16. Call 215-425-4460 to reserve your seat!
- The Brewer's Plate @ Penn Museum March 08, 2009 - University of Pennsylvania Museum, 3260 South St., PhilA
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Includes unlimited sampling of gourmet food and beverages on the main floor and the opportunity to meet some of the Philadelphia area's most well-known chefs and brewers. Regular Admission at 4:30 PM General Admission Tickets - $50 until Sunday, February 22.
Ticket sales go up to $60 starting Monday, February 23.
VIP Session starts at 4pm. for more details and tickets, click on link.
- Homebrewers Reception - Swap & Meet @ Dock Street March 08, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Swap, trade, share & learn from other area homebrewers! Guest appearance by Don Russell aka Joe Sixpack. FREE (discount beer, $5 for optional lunch buffet) RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Noon-4pm
- Port Brewing Beer Lunch with Tomme Arthur @ Memphis Taproom March 09, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Tomme Arthur will be in the house for a Port Brewing Beer Lunch and Chef Jesse Kimball will put together a Baja inspired menu to compliment beers smuggled into town by the Lost Abbey and Port Brewing Master Brewer. Tomme will discuss beer, his beer, and all sorts of other wise things. Tickets for this event go on sale Monday 3/16. Call 215-425-4460 to reserve your seat!
- Yes, We Can! @ Tria March 09, 2009 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Yes, we can package craft beers in those easily transportable, oh-so-recyclable cans. Colorado’s Oskar Blues and PA’s own Sly Fox are leading the (six-)pack of canning with flavor and style. Marty Jones, the guitar-playing minstrel of Oskar Blues, and Sly Fox brewmaster Brian O’Reilly crack open their rockin' beers -including cans and a massive Jerobaum - and cause a little can-demonium. 6:30-8PM. $35
- Run & Drink w/ the Brewers March 09, 2009 - Fairmount Park, Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. A 5k run through Philadelphia’s beautiful Fairmount Park starting and ending at the Bishops Collar (2349 Fairmount Avenue) with Adam Avery of Avery Brewing, Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head, Brian O’Reilly of Sly Fox and Tom Kehoe of Yards Brewing on a “pace scooter” handing out beers. Refreshments from Avery Brewing at Bishops Collar after the run. Run is limited to 100 runners. Sign up at Philly Beer Week website.
- East Coast vs. West Coast Brewery Rivalry Week @ Local 44 March 09, 2009 - March 15, 2009 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Local 44 will feature amazing beers from breweries on the East and West coasts throughout Philly Beer Week. Every day will feature a different “deal of the day” beer special from each coast. On Monday, March 9 and Tuesday, March 10 this event will include back to back "Hang with the brewer nights" as East Coast and West Coast Brewers will be on hand to talk about their beer. Pay as you go.
- Meet the Brewer Night - Ommegang - D'achouffe @ TJ's March 09, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, Paoli Village Shops, Paoli
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. On Tap:
Ommegang Three Philosophers
Ommegang Abbey Ale
Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence
Ommegang Inauguration Ale (Obamagang)
7-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Rodenbach Meet the Brewer @ Teresa's March 09, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Meet the BrewMaster. Rudi Ghequire of Rodenbach 7-9pm. Rudi will be coming with Rodenbach Grand Cru pouring once again from TND's tap. This should be a fun night of Belgian food and beer pairings complete with a Belgian brewer! We here love the tart and sour beers this man makes back home, come thank him with us for sharing his treasure.
- Lunch With Sam Calagione @ Teresa's March 10, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Eat lunch with Dogfish Head's founder/brewer/author Sam Calagione, America's sweetheart. Enjoy an eclectic five course lunch prepared by our creative kitchen paired with some of Sam's strangest, most sought after and off the wall beers. This is one PBW event @ TND not to miss. 12:30pm Limited seating available, tickets on sale Feb 2nd.
- Beer Yard Beer Week Special Event: Sam Calagione March 10, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione will be visiting up from 3-5pm, after his luncheon at Teresa's. There's nobody more popular in the craft beer world than Sam and it's hard to catch up with him these days. This is your chance for an up close and personal moment. Plus beer.
- Deconstructing Beer Tasting Seminar 2/ Randy Mosher @ Dock Street March 10, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. This seminar offers an Introduction to Beer Flavor and Appreciation with Randy Mosher. Sample beers covering the range of colors and flavors of malts, hop types and yeast-derived flavors. Light hors d’ouvres & Randy Mosher book signing included. 8-10pm. $25. For more info, email email@example.com
- Tomme Arthur Lunch @ Memphis Taproom March 10, 2009 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Join Lost Abbey and Port Brewing Master Brewer Tomme Arthur for a Port Brewing Beer Lunch at Memphis Taproom. Chef Jesse Kimball will put together a Baja inspired menu to compliment Tomme's world class beers. Starts at 1pm. Tickets are $45 and are on sale for this event now! Call 215.425.4460.
- Beer Training Course w/ Randy Mosher @ Dock Street March 10, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. This professional development class is perfect for industry professionals and dedicated amateurs. Randy Mosher, author of The Brewers Companion (1991), Radical Brewing (2004) and the brand new Tasting Beer, guides students through a hands-on lesson in tasting, systematic look at the flavors, presentation of styles and pairing of beer & food. Mosher is a faculty member of the Siebel
Institute, America’s oldest brewing school and is a regular columnist for All About Beer magazine. This unique class was put together just for Dock Street and is an ideal prep course for the Cicerone exam or for the beer styles portion of the BJCP (Beer Judging Certification Program). 9-5pm.
$150 - RSVP at www.dockstreetbeer.com
- Dock Street & Di Bruno Bros. Cheese Extravanganza March 11, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Join Radical Brewing author Randy Mosher, Dock Street Brewer Ben Potts and cheese specialist Joshua Kaplan for an evening of beer & cheese pairings. Includes 8-10 different beers & cheeses plus one chocolate tasting. 8-10pm $45. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philly Brewers' Center City Beer Crawl March 11, 2009 - Center City Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. The return of one of the most popular events of PBW '08 brings seven local brewers and their beers to eight Center City taverns. Join the beer makers as they troop between bars, showing off their classic ales and lagers. The Tour starts at Jose Pistola's (Stoudt's Brewing Pilsner), then proceeds to cGlinchey's (Yards Smoked Polish Wheat),
Good Dog (Iron Hill Pig Iron Porter), Black Sheep (Flying Fish Hoppy Belgian Tripel), Nodding Head (Ich Bin Ein Berliner Weisse), Fergie's (Troegs Nugget Nectar) and ends at Time (Sly Fox Brewing Gang Aft Agley). Brewers stay at each location until the keg is kicked. After the last stop, everybody goes to McGillin's Olde Ale House where all seven beers will be on tap. Pay as you go.
- Brett Pack Cocktail Party @ Nodding Head March 11, 2009 - Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant, 1516 Sansom St. (second floor), Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. From Curt Decker's mouth to your ears:
Ok gang, here it is. Nodding Head is once again pushing the boundaries of beer events in what is sure to be the most talked about event of Philly Beer Week 2009. Join Tomme Arthur (Port Brewing/Lost Abbaye), Adam Avery (Avery Brewing), Sam Calagione (Dogfish Head), Rob Tod (Allagash) and a reasonable facsimile (most likely a cardboard cutout) of Vinnie Cilurzo (Russian River) as we gather in a most un-Nodding Head-like civilized setting. Two beers from each of the brewers will be paired with hors d'ouerves. Beers and snacks will be butlered to guests, enabling all to just hang out and chat.
The beers :
Avery: Maharaja and Voltron
Dogfish Head --Cask Palo Santo & Red and White
Russian River -- Consecration & Russian River Porter
Port Brewing/Lost Abbey -- Angel's Share & Hot Rocks Collaboration Lager
Allagash -- Confluence & Curieux
This will be like the Anti-Royal Stumble. The only similarity will be the fact that you won't have to move an inch to get your next beer. If you've ever wanted the opportunity to meet or talk to these guys in a non-chaotic setting, this is the event for you. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, February 11th at 3pm...exactly one month before the event. You may purchase tickets at Nodding Head, or by phone with a credit card. 215.569.9525. Limited tickets offer, tickets transferable but not refundable.
- Meet the Brewer: Chuck Silva of Green Flash @ Local 44 March 11, 2009 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Remember that time you got reeeeaally schnockered with Chuck Silva, the Brewmaster at Green Flash Brewing at Local 44? He's coming all the way from Vista, California to do it all over again. What? You don't remember? That's messed up. 5-7pm but look for something special (and specially priced) from Green Flash all day long!
- Meet the Brewer - Troegs @ TJ's March 11, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, Paoli Village Shops, Paoli
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT.
2007 Mad Elf
2008 Mad Elf
7-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Wild Devil Ale Night @ Teresa's March 11, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- New Wild Devil Ale will be pouring forth along with many other delicious brews from Victory, including Uncle Teddy's Bitter and Hop Wallop on the hand pump. Come and rub elbows with Ron Barchet, one of the founders of Victory Brewing. You know, on their labels it says, "Thanks, Bill and Ron!" Well, now you can meet Ron. 6pm
- Meet the Brewer Night -Sly Fox @ TJ's March 12, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, Paoli Village Shops, Paoli
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT.
Seamus Irish Red Ale
TJ's 5th Anniversary British Pale Ale (Cask)
7-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Meet & Greet @ Dock Street March 12, 2009 - Dock Street Brewery & Restaurant, 701 S. 50 St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Join Rosemarie Certo, Scott Morrison & Ben Potts for beer samples and snacks in the Brewery. Starts at 7:30. FREE - No RSVP Necessary, Just Stop By!
- Duvel Green @ Teresa's March 12, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Patiently we have been waiting for the release of Duvel Green. the single fermented draught version of the grandly effervescent Duvel from Belgium. TND is one of few select bars to initially carry this new product. The mighty ales of Maredsous (Blonde, Bruin and Tripel) will be pouring from the spouts as well. Flights and food pairings will be featured during this pay as you go event. 7pm
- Longest Running Sierra Nevada Tap @ London Grill March 12, 2009 - London Grill, 2301 Fairmount Ave., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Sierra Nevada’s Longest Running Tap in Philadelphia is at London Grill. Participants are invited to sample a draft from the tap that’s been pouring Sierra Nevada longer than any other in the city at 6 p.m.
- Beer Yard Beer Week Special Event: The Triumphant Return of Bobo from Chimay! March 13, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- Chimay rep Luc "Bobo" Van Mechelin. was probably the most popular out-of-town figure to hit the Main Line for Philly Beer Week 2008. He's back this year and will be at the Beer Yard 4-6pm today. You don't want to miss this. And there's beer. Plus Mark.
- Back with Bobo: 2nd Annual Chimay Night @ Teresa's March 13, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Another PBW Friday night with everyone's favorite beer personality, Luc "Bobo" Van Mechelin. As he did last year, Bobo will be joining us again for a Beer Week Chimay Night Extravaganza. Chimay's three world class beers will be poured in flights as well as featured in a pairing menu that is sure to be the most authentic Belgian meal of the week. Don't miss this pay as you go event. 7pm
- Friday the Firkinteenth @ Grey Lodge March 13, 2009 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Philadelphia's most famous single day beer event falls smack in the middle of what is about to become, if it isn't already, Philadelphia's most famous beer event, period. The doors will open early, 9am, so go breakfast, the kitchen will be open. They'll start tapping firkins at 9am. Any takers on when the final firkin will kick? Pay as you go.
- Breckenridge Brewery Promo @ TJ's March 14, 2009 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, Paoli Village Shops, Paoli
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT.
Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
And the Breckenridge Team will be on hand giving away plenty of swag as well.
7-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Bike to Your Local Brewery March 14, 2009 - Philadelphia Brewpubs
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. A leisurely 14-mile ride open to all skill levels that will visit five of the breweries within Philadelphia’s city limits. 11 am start at Nodding Head Brewery (1516 Sansom Street), then on to Dock Street, Yards, Philadelphia Brewing Company and ending up at Triumph Brewpub. To sign up, contact email@example.com.
- Phoenxivlle Pub Crawl March 14, 2009 - Bridge St. and Rt. 113, Phoenixville, PA
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Brewers from Sly Fox, Iron Hill, Lancaster, Yards, Victory, Troegs, Weyerbacher, Stout's, Flying Fish, Southampton, Dogfish Head & Guinness will be in town and pouring their beers! More details soon.
- Uncle Jack's Beer Story Hour Brunch @ Standard Tap March 14, 2009 - Standard Tap, 901 N 2nd St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Local beer writer (and Beer Yard web content guy) Jack Curtin will entrance, enthrall or do something to attendees at the Standard Tap's famed weekend brunch as he tell them his secret stories about the local beers they'll be drinking. 11am - 3pm, story hour from 11-1. Pay as you go.
- Meet the Brewer (Clipper City) @ Teresa's March 14, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. The guys from Clipper Coity will be on hand and tapping a keg of Holy Sheet @ 3pm, along with other high gravity beers from their Heavy Seas series.
- That Totally Unecessary Drink @ Fergie's Pub March 15, 2009 - Fergie's Pub. 1214 Sansom St., Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEEK WEEK (FINAL) EVENT. Continuing the tradition begun last year, Fergie's host the final drink. Plus a Karaoke showdown between brewers and The Girls of I.P.A. With sexy guest bartenders. 7:05pm until the doors close or everybody gives up and goes home. Whatever.
- Russian River Afternoon @ Local 44 March 15, 2009 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Be at Local 44 at 11:30am for the tapping of more Russian River beer than has ever seen in one place outside of Santa Rosa. Local 44 will tap Pliny the Younger and Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig IPA, Consecration, Damnation and Salvation all at once, to finish out Philly Beer Week with a bang. Come out early: Local 44 has a limited amount of each beer, and when they're gone, they're gone!
- Zythos America @ U of P Museum March 15, 2009 - University of Pennsylvania Museum, 3260 South St., PhilA
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. All the information and ticket sales are at the website.
- Stone Brunch @ Teresa's March 15, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Hop Heads rejoice! After last years ultra successful Stone Brunch, TND had to do it yet again (we see a tradition beginning). Stone 12th Anniversary, Old Guardian 2007, Double Bastard and Russian Imperial Stout 2008 are among the special treats that will be pouring all day. Come in anytime for flights and food pairings at this pay as you go event.
- Real Ale Invitational @ Yards Brewing March 15, 2009 - Yards Brewing Co., 901 N. Delaware Avenue, Philadelphia
- A PHILLY BEER WEEK EVENT. Say goodbye to Philly Beer Week as Yards Brewing Co. and Triumph Brewing Co. hosts the grand "firkin finale," featuring 20 firkins from some of the best breweries on the planet, live music, food, glassware and other cool stuff. The beers:
Allentown/Bethlehem - Bourbon Barleywine
Brooklyn Brewery - We don't know what it is. It must be super secretive.
Philadelphia Brewing Co. - Russian Imperial Stout
Nodding Head Brewery - 3C Double IPA
Triumph Brewing Co. - Irish Dry Stout
Troegs Brewing Co. - Barleywine
Yards Brewing Co. - Brawler
Fullers - ESB
Fullers - London Pride
Manayunk Brewery - California Dreamin' IPA
Victory Brewing Co. - Hop Devil
Sierra Nevada - Chico IPA
Flying Fish - Hopfish (dry-hopped with something awesome)
Dock Street Brewery - RyeIPA
Stoudts Brewing Co. - Smooth Hoperator
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant - Red Ale
Southhampton Publick House - Scotch Ale
Stewart's Brewing Co. - TBD
Sly Fox - TBD
Dogfish Head Brewery - TBD
Price to be determined. 1pm - 4:35pm
- Friday Night Sampling: Steamworks March 20, 2009 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Colorado Kolsch, Third Eye Pale Ale and Steam Engine Lager from this Colorado brewery, fresh off the truck.. 5-7pm.
- Atlantic City Beer Festival March 20, 2009 - March 22, 2009 - Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City
- The 4th annual Atlantic City Beer Festival, the 2009 Event will begin with a VIP Judging Event at Harrah’s Resort on Friday. The Judging event will have limited tickets and will require all attendees to help judge and rate the beer presented. Over 75 Brewers and Breweries from around the world are expected for the two-day public festival on the weekend. Saturday" Session #1 at 12pm to 4pm (Doors open at 11:30am with advanced tickets); Session# 2 6pm to 10pm (doors open at 5:30 with advanced ticket). Sunday: 1pm to 5pm (doors open at 12:30pm with advanced ticket). More details, tickets et al at the website.
- Belgian Beer Dinner @ The Farmhouse March 20, 2009 - The Farmhouse, Emmaus, PA
- 7 PM. $80 per person. S'all we got. More to come assuming more comes.
- Belgian Beer & Brewing Class @ Philly Beer School March 26, 2009 - The Wine School, Classroom 201, 2008 Fairmount Ave., Phila.
- The beers of Belgium are some of the most diverse and high-quality beers in the world. Covering styles ranging from pale Lager to Lambic beer and Flemish Red, this is an essential class for any beer lover, conducted under the auspices of The Wine School of Philadelphia. You will learn about the important styles of Belgian beers, but that is just the start. You will also be giving a primer on how to brew beer like a Belgian monk. Our resident brewmaster (on loan from Philadelphia Brewing Company!) Dean Browne will be on hand for this dynamic class. 7:30-9pm. $29.99. More information: 800.817.7351 ext 11.
- Dock Street's Ben Potts @ Teresa's March 31, 2009 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Dock Street head brewery Ben Potts will be here from 6-8pm. Beers: Gold Stock pale Ale, Bohemian Pilsner, Hop Garden,
Prince Mishkin Imperial Stout & RyePA.