Events for November 2014
- Lew Bryson Book Signing @ Teresa's November 06, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- From TND: "Lew just wrote a new book on whiskey and as the official name in whiskey he knows what he’s talking about. Lew will pick a few whiskeys that are his favorite and we’ll give them the special treatment."
NOTE: Other TND news is that they now fill growlers but we are pretty sure that does not apply to any whiskeys Lew might suggest.
- Friday Night Sampling: Long Trail November 07, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- Still celebrating/weeping over the election results? Whether your party won or lost, come on in and join ours. 5-7pm, as usual.
- Weitzenkorn 150th Anniversary Celebration November 08, 2014 - Weitzenkorn Men's Store, 145 E. High St., Pottstown
- EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT
Weitzenkorn's men's store—the second oldest in the country—has been a beacon of quality in the Pottstown, Pennsylvania region since 1864, not long after Abraham Weitzenkorn immigrated to America.
For 150 years, including five generations of Weitzenkorns and decades of historical change, the distinctivemen's store has not wavered from an enduring tradition of excellence and it is fitting that the iconic storewould tailor the celebration of this momentous anniversary to include Manatawny Still Works Spirits.
Open bar and tastings of the Weitzenkorn's 1864 Commemorative Vodka, Rum, and Whiskey. 12:30 - 4PM.
- Easton Bacon Fest 2014 November 08, 2014 - November 09, 2014 - Center Square, Downtown Easton
- Bacon? Yes! Weyerbacher beer? YES! Sample 10 different strips of bacon from Breakaway Farms. Each is perfectly paired with a Weyerbacher brew for the ultimate taste experience. 1-4pm. Tickets are just $15 per person and can be purchased at the gate.
- Wet Hop Rodeo & Ranchero Brunch @ Johnny Brenda's November 08, 2014 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave, Phila
- Join us for our 6th Annual Wet Hop Rodeo, a round-up of local and national wet hopped beers. Come celebrate the awesome-ness that is fresh-hopped beer! On tap sand going all day and night, we will have:
Victory Harvest Ale, Manayunk Vista Harvest, PBC Harvest from the Hood, Dock Street Born & Raised, Troeg's Scratch #161 Fresh Hop, Hardywood Park RVA IPA, Sixpoint Sensi Harvest, Smuttynose Herbaceous Wet Hop, Two Brother's Heavy Handed IPA, Rogue Wet Hop, Left Hand Warrior Fresh Hop, Uinta Wet & Wyld, Port Brewing High Tide, Sierra Nevada Harvest Ale, Great Divide Wet Hop & Deschutes Hop Trip.
We will be kicking the day off with Ranchero Brunch from 11am-3:30pm featuring huevos rancheros, cowboy steak & eggs, and chilaquiles among other brunchly delights.
Starts @ 11AM, Pay As You Go.
- Dock Street Reunion @ City Tap House November 10, 2014 - City Tap House, Two Logan Square, Phila.
- On November 3rd, City Tap House, known for their expansive and well-rounded beer lists, took residence at the old Dock Street Brewery...and now we’re bringing some kegs to celebrate. Some former Dock Street brewers, including Chris La Pierre from Iron Hill; Tim Roberts, Head Brewer from Yards; and Eric Savage, former Dock Street brewer and present owner of Helix Motorsports, have come together to share their skills and expertise....Join these Dock Street graduates and the current Dock Street troupe from the current day Dock Street Brewery in West Philadelphia,, including Rosemarie Certo, Marilyn Candeloro, Sasha Certo-Ware and new Head Brewer Vince DesRosiers, for the grand opening of City Tap House Logan Square.
Look for an array of Dock Street classics as well as new recipes, including Rye IPA, Man Full of Trouble Porter, Helles and Back, Belgian IPA, Brown Bomber Ale, and No Exit, a face-melting, 104 IBU Double IPA
6-8pm. Pay As You Go.
- Port Brewing & Lost Abbey Night @ Local 44 November 12, 2014 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce St., Phila
- Welcome back friend—and new Port/Lost Abbey rep—Matt Pushinsky to Philadelphia! Come out for beer from two of our favorite Left Coast breweries and awesome SoCal food specials whipped up by Chef Justin Bennett. Starts at 7pm. Pay As You go.
- Russian River Beer Dinner @ Iron Abbey November 12, 2014 - Iron Abbey, 680 N. Easton Rd., Horsham
5 BEERS| 5 COURSES | 1 Great Time TemptationSour Ale - 7.5% ABV SupplicationWild/Sour Ale - 7% ABV SanctificationWild/Sour Ale - 6.75% ABV Blind Pig IPA - 6% ABV Consecration Sour/Red Ale - 10%ABV. 7-9PM. $70
- Mad Elf / Happy You Night @ Grey Lodge Pub November 14, 2014 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., NE Phila
- FROM SCOATS:
As usual this will be the DRAFT DEBUT for this year's release of Mad Elf! As usual we also saved a keg of Mad Elf from last year for side
by side. This year we also have a sixtel of Naked Elf. Also as usual, Jolly Ol' St. Nick Johnson will be on hand selling Mad Elf gear, which makes great Xmas presents.We will also have Troegs's newest seasonal beer, Blizzard of Hops IPA, on tap. 6-9pm.
- Friday Night Sampling: Goose Island November 14, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- The goose is loose. Come join us and see if we can catch him. Even if we fail, we'll still enjoy his beers. 5-7pm,. as usual.
- fALL CHOCOLATE Festival ! Allentown Brew Works November 15, 2014 - Allentown Brew Works, 812 Hamilton St., Allentown, PA
- Fegley’s 4th annual fALL Chocolate Festival will be held from 4pm-7pm and wfeature a wide variety of chocolate inspired craft beers, liqueurs and foods. Attendees will be able to sample “Cocoa Nib Infused Sarsaparilla” from Allentown’s Colony Meadery alongside Marie Brizard’s “Chocolate Royal” from France. More than a dozen chocolate centric craft beers are included in the festival’s line-up. Spring House’s Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout, DuClaw’s Sweet Baby Jesus, and Southern Tier’s Choklat are among the offerings. Allentown Brew Works culinary team will be offering Chocolate Bacon Bleu Cheese Crostini, Chocolate Chipotle Smoked Chicken Wings, and Chocolate Porter Soup.
Fegley’s award-winning brewery staff will also be tapping two special, one-off brews. Brew Master Beau Baden brewed a Chocolate Lager and Head Brewer Josh Bushey of Bethlehem Brew Works will be pouring his Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout. For those seeking shelter from the deluge of chocolate, Allentown Brew Works house drafts will be available for sampling as well as a special pre-draft appearance by Fegley’s Rude Elf’s Reserve.
- Philly Weekly's Taste of Philly November 18, 2014 - Crystal Tea Room, Wanamaker Bldg, 100 Penn Square East
- You are invited to TASTE something new and spend an evening sampling fantastic food, craft beer, and top shelf liquor from the city's most delectable & favorite restaurant's & breweries top chefs along with great live entertainment. Enjoy a night created for all five senses! Try dozens of fantastic menu items, cocktails, entrees, desserts - plus a beer garden overflowing with spectacular brews.Three Hours of nonstop food & drink, 6- 9pm. $35 General Admission. A portion of proceeds will benefit Philabundance, the region's largest food bank and hunger relief organization.
- Armstrong Ales Tap Takeover November 20, 2014 - Liberty Taproom, Butter Lane & Prospect St., Reading
- Come out to the Taproom to get a flight of four different beers brewed by Steve Armstrong in Phoenixville. He will also be here to talk about his beers and answer any questions. Starts at 6pm. Pay As You go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Sierra Nevada November 21, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm, a selection of fine brews from one of the earliest, greatest, coolest craft breweries will be here for your sampling pleasure.
- Ithaca Bash @ Teresa's November 25, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- The night before Thanksgiving is usually one of the biggest party nights of the year. We figured it’s gotten so big that we should just start it a day early. All the usual suspects as well as one or two very special treats.
These beers will be flowing: Flower Power Firkin, White Gold, Green Trails, Embrrr Rye Porter, Flower Power, Dark Vine, Rustic Harvest & Creeker.
- Wee Wednesday @ Victory Downingtown November 26, 2014 - Victory Brewing Co., 420 Acorn Lane, Downingtown
- Early Opening at 10am. "We’ve teamed up with Earth-Bread+Brewery’s Tom Baker to create Earth & Flame, a bourbon barrel aged smoked Scotch style ale, also known as a Wee Heavy. We’re deeming the day before Thanksgiving, as Wee Wednesday, and releasing this beer on that day. Join us for breakfast menu additions, beer purchases, growler fills and the release of Earth & Flame. Bill, Ron, Tom and James (senior brewer at Victory and lead brewer on this beer) will be signing bottles for purchase and all proceeds will be donated to LLS."
- Birchrun Hills Farm Door-Puster Black Friday Bash @ Teresa'a November 28, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- This is a Kickstarter Party! Help Sue make more cheese!
Sue Miller (cheesemaker/proprietor) of Chester County's own Birchrun Hill's Farm will be here from Noon - 4pm to talk cheese and drink sour beers. Help us help fund her Kickstarter expansion plan! Drew Bristol, Birchrun's locally renowned Cheese Mumbler will be here in person giving personal instruction on the medium touch that truly makes their cheese so special. Teresa's will be donating 100% of the Birchrun Cheese and Beer Pairing income this day to help Sue and her family fund her Kickstarter! They need more space to make and age their great cheese.
At 11:30am (when we open) We will be tapping some sought after gems: Lambickx (Zenne Valley, Private Domain edition), Cantillon Fou Foune, Allagash Interlude, Russian River Consecration, Russian River Supplication, Russian River Blind Pig, Russian River Pliny the Elder & J.W. Lees Moonraker.
- Dogfish Head Barroom Blitz @ Johnny Brenda's November 28, 2014 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave, Phila
- We've been saving up some tasty beers from Dogfish Head and we'll start pouring them as soon as we open at 11am! These are some very limited quantity drafts, so come early before they run dry! We'll also be serving brunch on Black Friday from 11am-3:30pm. Event runs until 11pm.