Events for May 2015
- Annual Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race May 02, 2015 - Sly Fox Brewery 331 Circle of Progress Drive, Pottstown
- The Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race is held on the first Sunday of May every year, rain or shine. It has become one of the Philadelphia region's favorite beer-focused celebrations, drawing crowds estimated in the 2,500 to 3,000 range to the Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery in Phoenixville for over a decade, before relocating to the Sly Fox production brewery grounds in Pottstown this. It's a grand old tradition in a brand new setting. Details online.
- Captain Lawrence Challenge @ Teresa's May 07, 2015 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Captain Lawrence Challenges us to the Alpha Test. Three tiers of hoppy beers from Captain Lawrence. Seeking Alpha IPA, Captains Reserve Imperial IPA and their regular India Pale Ale. See how much bitterness you can take.
- Friday Night Sampling: Ballantine IPA May 08, 2015 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring the modern day version of the classic Ballantine IPA tonight, 5-7pm. Come and give it a try and let us know what you think of it. Also Mark. Whatever do you think of Mark?
- Bocks & Brats @ Johnny Brenda's May 08, 2015 - May 10, 2015 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave, Phila
- A weekend of Spring Bock bier and housemade sausages! Starting at noon on Friday, May 8th and going all weekend long, we'll be celebrating the bounty of local Spring Bocks! The kitchen will be serving up a special menu to wash down those tasty, malty bocks.
**Golden Avalanche Spring Bock
**Dock Street Maibach
**Victory St Boisterous
**Sly Fox Hefeweizen Doppelbock
**Sly Fox Slacker Bock
**Sly Fox Helles Bock
**Sly Fox Maibock
Two of our favorite goats, Simon and Peggy, winners from past Sly Fox Goat Races ,will be visiting us Saturday, May 9th from noon-3pm. Both of these champs are 3-legged rescue goats. We will be donating a buck a bock to the Humane Society of Berks Co. during their visit, so make sure to come by, say hi and sip a bock! Pay As You Go.
- Hawthornes Cafe 6th Annual Block Party May 09, 2015 - Hawthornes, 738 S.11 St., Phila
- Our annual IPA block party is coming up on Saturday, May 9th right outside of our very own restaurant. We had a fire that left us shut down for quite some time, but we are reopened and looking forward to bringing our Hawthornes game to the rest of Philly once more.
36 IPAs and other beers, all $5 each (There will be gluten free ciders and wheat beer options). Live Outdoor Music w/ local Philly bands. Over the Top Homemade Street Food. Kid & Pet Friendly -Tables Available.This event is RAIN OR SHINE! Noon-8pm.
NOTE: Cash Only (drink tickets to be purchased upon entry; redeem at the keg of your choice)
- Seventh Annual BrewFest @ Mount Hope May 09, 2015 - Mpimt Hope Estate, 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim, PA
- Two Sessions: 11am-3pm and 4:30-8:30pm) ! Fill your sampling glass with beers from a variety of different breweries from across the country, while enjoying live music, various merchants and complimentary food. Don’t miss out on PA’s premier craft brew festival!
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival @ Iron Hill Media May 09, 2015 - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, 30 E. State St., Media
- 25 Local Breweries. Great Beer. Great Cause. Don’t miss out on our 15th year showcasing live music, great food and the finest handcrafted beers from the region’s best craft breweries—all while raising funds for the local Media Youth Center. 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm $45.00 ticket includes admission to festival, tasting cup and the chance to sample beer from any of the breweries present at the festival.
- Introducing Levante Brewing @ Teresa's May 13, 2015 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- The Chief IPA, Pallid Pale, The Norseman, and The Kolsch on draft. Come on out and welcome them to the beer world. Pay As You Go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Allagash May 15, 2015 - The Beer Yard
- Think about it. Allagash White, Saison and Triple. Pouring right here, 5-7pm. Plus our team of minions, maybe Matt, almost definitely not Mark, because Mark. Be here. You will talk about it for weeks to come.Or until next Friday when we do it all again, with another beer. This is an ongoing celebration,
- 2015 Best of the Philly Beer Scene Awards May 19, 2015 - World Cafe Live, 3025 Walnut St., Phila
- The local craft beer community will once again gather at World Cafe Live for the red carpet affair, as we announce the winners of the 2015 Best of the Philly Beer Scene Awards. 7-10pm. Tickets available online.
- Green Flash & Alpine @ Teresa's May 20, 2015 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Come sample a few beers from each of the breweries. Pay As You go.
- Yards 20th Anniversary Party at Dawson Street Pub May 21, 2015 - Dawson St. Pub, 100 Dawson St., Manayunk
- Help celebrate a Philadelphia original where it all began. A special sour beer for the night is being brewed at Yards and Tom Kehoe will be on hand to celebrate the anniversary the tapping for the first-ever keg from Yards way back in 1995. ESA, IPA, Oak Aged Washington's reserve, Trouble, Old Bart and more will be on tap. Starts @ 6:30 pm. Pay As You Go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Capt. Lawrence May 22, 2015 - The Beer Yard
- 5-7pm. Captain Lawrence IPA, Otter Creek Backseat Burner and Otter Over Easy IPA will all available for you to try (and buy, if so inclined). It's a great way to kick off the weekend.
- Victory Tappening 2 @ FWOT May 27, 2015 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Pouring Dirtwolf, Hop Ticket Dry-hopped Saison, Kirsch Gose, Summer Love, Moving Parts IV & Sour Monkey, six of the best from Victory Brewing Co. Plus specialty beer-laced food offerings, giveaways and more! 6pm Pay As You Go.
- Philly Beer Week 2015 May 29, 2015 - Everywhere!
- The Fun Begins! Among today's highlights are the 7th annual journey of the Hammer of Glory to some of the city's best beer venues by a massive relay utilizing methods of getting from here to there designed by beer-addled geniuses of the highest order and Opening Tap at the 23rd St. Armory (and the Hammer's final destination).
Dozens and dozens and dozens of other events will follow for the next ten days. check out what's happening every day right here.
- Ffith Annual PBS39 MicroBrew Festival May 30, 2015 - Coca Cola Park, Allentown
- The fifth annual festival will feature more than 100 beers, live music and local vendors. Proceeds support PBS 39 educational services. Local brewers at the festival will include Brooklyn Brewery, Fegley's Brew Works (Allentown, Bethlehem), Funk Brewing (Emmaus), HiJinx Brewing (Allentown), Victory Brewing (Downingtown, Chester County) and Weyerbacher (Easton). Keystone Homebrew Supply and Lehigh Valley Homebrewers also will be there along with vendors such as Bespoke Bacon of Lansdale and Saint Obnoxious (beer-themed T-shirt and gift company based in Harrisburg.)
Tickets: VIP Session tickets: $50 online (before May 30); $60 at the door (based on availability but don't count on it). General session ticket: $35 online (before May 30); $40 at the door (based on availability). This includes a 4-ounce tasting mug. 2-5pm
- Taps, Tunes, & Trucks @ Sly Fox May 30, 2015 - Sly Fox Brewery 331 Circle of Progress Drive, Pottstown
- Eight food trucks, live music, and Sly Fox beers on tap all day. 11am - 6pm. Pay As You Go.
- Philly Beer Week 2015 May 31, 2015 - June 07, 2015 - Everywhere!
- Dozens and dozens and dozens of events will take place between now and next Sunday. Check out what's happening every day right here.