Events for September 2014
- MS Fundraiser with Prism Brewing @ FWOT September 04, 2014 - Fingers Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Happy Hour to benefit The National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society. Pay As You Go. Starts at 5pm/
- Friday Night Sampling: WELCOME TO PHILLY, BOULEVARD September 05, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- From 5-7PM we will be pouring beers for the just-arrived Boulevard Brewing Co. See our Store Note for the list of beers. And come and join the party.
- Chili Pepper Festival September 05, 2014 - September 06, 2014 - 233 Bowers Rd Bowers Pa 19511
- Includes a Jalapeno Eating Contest and a Salsa Making Contests. More details, photos,. map and all that good stuff online.
- Manayunk Flood Waters Chocolate Hefewiezen Night @ Grey Lodge September 05, 2014 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., NE Phila
- FROM SCOATS: Recently I wondered what if the perfect dunkel weiss is actually chocolate hefeweizen? Manayunk Brewing was willing help find out. tomojt is Manayunk Flood Waters Chocolate Hefewiezen Night
with three takes on a chocolate hefeweizen.
- 2014 Lancaster Craft Beerfest September 06, 2014 - Lancaster Sq,. & Binns Park, Downtown Lancaster
- On September 6th, the second annual Lancaster Craft Beerfest is returning to the vibrant, growing, and creative city of Lancaster. Last year was a huge success with a sold out crowd of over 2,000 attendees, and this year it's going to be bigger and better. VIP session starts at 3PM, General Admission 4-7:30pm/ More details and tickets available online.
- Inaugural Delaware River Craft Brew Fest September 06, 2014 - PPL Park Plaza, Chester
- Session begins at 2:00pm and includes VIP parking, plus the ability to talk with brewers and taste special beers not served in the general session. Also included is a souvenir tasting glass with a 2 oz. pour line. General Session begins at 3:00pm and includes a souvenir tasting glass with a 2 oz. pour line. Designated Driver will receive a bottle of water and will not be permitted to sample any beers. Must be 21 or older. Live music and food will be available. This is a rain or shine event that may be moved to the stadium concourse in the event of inclement weather.
- Brewers Unleashed @ Franklin Institute September 09, 2014 - Franklin Institute, 222 n 2nd St., Phila
- Sample some rare beers and ciders from MillerCoors pilot breweries and Crispin Cidery." For 3+ years we've been Unleashing in Chicago, hosting monthly sellout crowds for 'never before and nowhere else' beers and ciders. MillerCoors is the second largest brewing company in the country; what you may not know is we have a series of small breweries making interesting experimental beers and ciders just for fun. Some of these go on to become part of our portfolio, and some of these rare brews are made simply to celebrate our craft. 6:30 - 9:30pm Tickets online.
- Allagash Happy Hour w/ Rob Tod @ Teresa's September 10, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- TND SAYS: Join us for a huge list of rare beers from Allagash and the founder himself from 4pm to 6pm. That is if his plane arrives on time, 476 isn't a parking lot and Suzy's GPS from the Airport is actually taking them the right direction, and if Rob still loves us, then he will be here for a power hour.
- 6th Annual Pils Picnic @ Johnny Brenda's September 13, 2014 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 Frankford Ave, Phila
- Come enjoy an end of summer beer celebration at our 6th Annual Pils Picnic! This region is famous for our incredible local pilsners, so drinkable and so delicious. The kitchen will be serving up yummy picnic fare and DJ's will put you in a summer state of mind with a breezy mix of doo-wop and classic R & B.Noon -8 pm. Pay As You Go.
OnTap: Sly Fox 2nd St Keller Pils, Victory Hop Project- Dry Hopped Pils, Victory Braumeister Pils, Stoudt's Pilsner, Troeg's Sunshine Pils, Free Will Pilsner Neshaminy Trauger Pils (firkin conditioned on lemons).
- Capital City Invitational Beer Festival September 13, 2014 - Appalachian Brewing Co., Harrisburg, PA
- 2 p.m.-5 p.m. and 6 p.m.-9 p.m.; $15-$40; Sample brews from across the Mid-Atlantic Region, treat yourself to an Oktoberfest style buffet, enjoy live entertainment, and take home a commemorative sampling glass.
- 19th Annual Sippin' By the River September 13, 2014 - The River Deck,417 Columbus Blvd, Phila
- The 19th Annual Sippin' by the River will be back on the Delaware Waterfront. The event will run from 1pm until 5 pm and benefits the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. Tickets, more info online (click green circle).
- Smoke 'Em If Yous Got 'Em September 14, 2014 - Yards Brewing Co., 902 N. Delaware Ave., Phila
- 12 p.m.-4 p.m.; $20-$50; The region's best amateur chefs will be serving up their finest fare to be paired with over 30 craft beers (smoked and otherwise) from around the world.
- Brunch & Firestone Walker Pairing @ Station Taproom September 14, 2014 - Station Taproom, 207 W. Lancaster Ave., Downingtown
- A four-course meal paired with Pivo Pils, California Pale Ale, Wookey Jack, and Double Jack American Double IPA. 10am & 1:30pm. $50.
- 10th Annual Chefs' Dinner for PAWS September 15, 2014 - Lincoln Financial Field (SCA Club Level), Sports Complex, Phila
- This singular event brings chefs and patrons together for an interactive evening of food, fun, and fundraising. More than 40 of the region's best chefs will create an extraordinary gastronomic experience and attendees will enjoy food and wine pairings prepared tableside by the chefs in decorated pods. All proceeds benefit PAWS' lifesaving initiatives, including adoption and foster care programs, spay and neuter surgeries, low-cost veterinary care, and more. 6PM. Tickets available online (click the green circle).
- Talk Like a Pirate Day with Jef Versele @ Teresa's September 16, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- TND SAYS: Jef Versele, the owner and brewer of Van Steenberge, will be here all the way from Belgium. They brew great beers such as De Garre, Klokke, Piraat, Gulden Draak, and many others. Talk like a Pirate Day was a huge hit last year. The best Pirate will be awarded a fabulous bounty.
- Summit Comes to Town @ Teresa's September 19, 2014 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Adam Cox from Summit Brewing with a special firkin, a few regular offerings, and one or two special offerings. Pay As You Go.
- Beer Yard/Tröegs Brewing/Teresa's Annual Delco SPCA Fundraiser September 20, 2014 - The Beer Yard
- For the fifth consecutive year, The Beer Yard, Tröegs Brewing Co. and Teresa's Next Door collaborate to help raise funds for the Delaware County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA). The event will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. in front of The Beer Yard. In addition to featuring samples of Tröegs’ handcrafted beers, attendees can enjoy a variety of delicious grilled food items courtesy of Teresa’s Next Door.
Tröegs will donate $5 of every case sold during the weekend (September 19th-21st 2014) to the Delaware County SPCA and offer free pint glasses to those customers who purchase a case of Tröegs beer (while supplies last). Additionally, Teresa’s Next Door will donate 10% of every check marked “SPCA” directly to the Delaware County SPCA during that same time period.
The event is pet-friendly, and attendees are encouraged to bring well-behaved dogs on leashes.
- ‘Germantown Cartel’ Host Bus Tour between Germantown Ave. Brewpubs September 20, 2014 - Germantown Ave., Philadelphia
- NEWS RELEASE When three of Philadelphia’s most talented brewers are also friends with brewpubs located within four miles of each other, collaboration is inevitable. The three men, Paul Rutherford of Iron Hill Brewery Chestnut Hill, Scott Morrison of Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery, and Tom Baker of Earth Bread + Brewery, have dubbed themselves the Germantown Avenue Brewers Cartel and they’re very serious about their beer.
On September 20th, the Cartel is providing beer enthusiasts a shuttle bus to take them to and from each brewpub to enjoy three 12oz, one-of-a-kind brews made especially for the occasion – all for just $20. Patrons can ride the bus loop from 12-5pm.
- Sly Fox Can Jam Festival September 27, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewery 331 Circle of Progress Drive, Pottstown
- This third annual free live music festival will be held in a massive outdoor event area adjacent to the brewery and has been carefully curated to include bands as original and authentic as Sly Fox beer:
Whiskeyhickon Boys: A trio of extreme talent from Philadelphia that delivers an energetically creative mix of bluegrass and funk in an engaging performance.
Shrimpboat: A Lancaster, Pennsylvania-based band of handpicked artists featuring powerful vocals, tight harmonies, energizing grooves and a fresh approach to festival funk.
Hoots & Hellmouth: A passionate foot-stompin' Philadelphia folk rock band that marries bold music and lyrics which resonate with familiarity and an almost magical transportive potential.
Cheerleader: An indie rock/power pop outfit grabbing the region and the world by the ear drums with their infectious self-described haze-pop layered sonic style and fun vibe.
American Babies: A critically-acclaimed Philadelphia-based, roots-rock experience that combines multiple influences in a memorable show featuring impeccable musicians at each position.
Starts at 1pm.
- Downingtown FallFest September 28, 2014 - Lancaster Ave., Downtown Downingtowm
- Mark your calendar now for the fifth annual Downingtown FallFest, happening up and down Lancaster Ave. in downtown Downingtown on Sunday, Sept. 28 from noon until 4 p.m. There will be food, live music and performances, crafts, local businesses, a BMX stunt show and of course, a Victory Beer Garden.
- "The Craft Beer Revolution" Panel @ Yards September 29, 2014 - Yards Brewing Co., 902 N. Delaware Ave., Phila
- Join moderator Dom "Joe Sixpack" Russell for a public forum with Steve Hindy of Brooklyn Brewing; Tom Kehoe, of Yards Brewing; Daniel Endicott, of Forest & Main Brewing; and Scott Morrison and Erin Wallace, of Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery, at 6pm.. The event is part of Brooklyn Brewery's Mash, a week of events in Philly, including beer dinners, cheese pairings, homebrewing instruction, music and films. More details and tickets available online.