Events for August 2014
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America August 02, 2014 - Penn Treaty Park 1341 North Delaware Ave Phila
- Sierra Nevada's 7-city cross country tour arrives in Philadelphia for its penultimate stop before moving on to Mills Creek, NC and the long-awaited official opening of its East Coast brewery. Virtually every craft brewery in the Mid-Atlantic region will have beers pouring. Tickets and more information online.
- 6th Annual Victory BrewBBQ August 02, 2014 - Plantation Field 387 Green Valley Rd., Unionville
- The competition is a two-category BBQ cook-off. Each team will compete to see who can make the best chicken and ribs according to the judges.Come out to enjoy a day filled with live music, beer, and great food. You'll have the opportunity to enjoy pork and chicken from both pit master and restaurant teams. Victory's Brewpub On Wheels will be packed with all of your favorite brews. Noon-4pm Admission is free.
- International IPA Day @ Barren Hill August 07, 2014 - Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery, 646 Germantown Pike, Layfayette Hill
- Barren Hill Brewery & Tavern will mark International IPA Day by pouring all eight of its single-hop Belgian IPAs, seven of which have previously been on tap and an eighth released for the event. 6pm-Midnight. Pay As You Go.
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America @ Flanigan's Boathouse August 14, 2014 - Flanigan's Boathouse, 113 Lafayette St., Conshohocken
- All 12 Beer Camp beers will be pouring. Starts @ 6pm.
- State College Brew Expo August 16, 2014 - Tussey Mountain Ski Resort, Boatsburg, PA
- 5 p.m.-9 p.m.; $45-$60; "We continue to focus on quality, not quantity; we promote beer appreciation, not alcohol consumption. The expo will continue to benefit Penn State Coaches vs.Cancer.
- Pucker Up! Sour Fest @ Devil's Den August 16, 2014 - August 22, 2014 - Devil's Den, 1148 S. 11 St., Phila
- The fifth annual Pucker Up! Sour Fest ill provide patrons with the largest selection of sour, tart, and funky beers the city has to offer. Also during Sour Fest, beer connoisseur Don Russell, aka Joe Sixpack, will be leading an instructional Sour Beer Class on Tuesday, August 19. To launch the week, all 17 taps at Devil’s Den will be filled with sour beers on August 16 and 17. Then, for the remainder of Sour Fest, eight lines will pour sour drafts exclusively, changing frequently as they get tapped. Pay As You Go.
- Craft Beer & Lobster Bake @ Doc Magrogan's Oyster House August 17, 2014 - Doc Magrogan's Oyster House, 117 Gay St., West Chester
- Dave Magrogan has organized his second annual Craft Beer & Lobster Bakes at his Doc Magrogan Oyster House in West Chester to benefit the charity Safe Harbor of Chester County. $40 per person in advance or $45 at the door for four glorious hours of unlimited craft beer and delicious lobster dishes. Noon to 4pm. Advance tickets available online.
- Be Our Brewer For A Day Festival @ Allentown Brew Works August 23, 2014 - Allentown Brew Works, 812 Hamilton St., Allentown, PA
- 3 p.m.-6 p.m.; $20; Tastings, samplings, and judging homebrewed craft beers from the Valley's best homebrewers.
- Luau Brew Fest at Stoudts August 23, 2014 - Stoudts, 2800 N Reading Rd, Adamstown
- 6 p.m.-10 p.m.; $40; Includes unlimited tasting, a commemorative tasting glass, a hot and cold buffet, and live music from The Skels.
- Jixxer Day at Sly Fox Phoenixville August 24, 2014 - Sly Fox Brewhouse @ Eatery, 520 Kimberton Rd., Phoenixville
- Join us at our Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery in Phoenixville for Jixxer Day! Our True Champion of this year's Goat Races, Jixxer, will be gracing our presence. Enjoy our delicious Jixxer Golden Bock* to the sounds of oompah music by the Emil Schanta Band. 1-5pm.
*A portion of the proceeds from Jixxer Golden Bock will benefit Recycled Tails- an all breed animal rescue.